NEurope
Julius

Pokémon Presents: 27th February 2023 @ 14:00 GMT

"we want to make a game that makes people look forward to getting up in the morning"

Uh... that's a mighty lofty ambition that's for sure :laughing:

They are just dropping a Tera Raid event just like that?

(The subtitles called it Terror Raid which was pretty amusing).

Please buy DLC for our broken game.  Fuck you, we aren’t fixing what you’ve already bought first.

• Like 2

Committing to Home getting Scarlet & Violet functionality in Early 2023 at the end of Feb is very funny and non-committal to me :laughing:

No Mystery Dungeon, no classic Pokémon games on NSO?

I sleep.  Pokémon can go plus plus itself.

Edited by Dcubed

Maybe I'm misremembering, but is that the first Presents we've had that explicitly hasn't announced a new game/(re)release? If not it's definitely the first to not do so in a while I feel? 

That's the weakest Presents we've had for me, at least that I can remember. The Tera Raid trailer was pretty atrocious (I mean, no music while we listen to crystal beams grate our ears, really?), the Scarlet & Violet section finishing and then actually going "the next thing is our last to share with you" before diving into DLC for that game (with no gameplay and just artwork?) is a mind-bender, and I mean Sleep lives, but...so what? How are we getting news on that before the Detective Pikachu sequel?!

A second nothingburger of a presentation in less than a week. Concierge looks promising, the PWC artwork looked lovely as always, and the TCG - Classic set is something I'll keep an eye on until I find out I'll need to sell a handful of my vital organs to get my hands on it. 

Presentation Score: 2.5/10

Spoiler

Nintendo Direct: February 8th 2023 – 8.5/10

PlayStation State of Play: February 23rd 2023 – 4.0/10

Edited by Julius
  • Thanks 1

Maybe I'm misremembering, but is that the first Presents we've had that explicitly hasn't announced a new game/(re)release?

Yup.  First ever Presents to not announce a single new game (be it re-release or otherwise).

In short? This Presents was…

blackadder-utter.gif

Edited by Dcubed
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

No Mystery Dungeon

This one hurts.

Look, I don't mind if it's a new game or a remake of Explorers - both are wins in my eyes - but absolutely nothing? 

Yeah it just hurts! 

6 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

no classic Pokémon games on NSO?

We can only hope that this is simply because the Virtual Console is still open and they don't want to cannibalise sales.

I know, I know, how many copies could they really sell of classic Pokémon games in VC in the next month, right?

But I mean, not announcing anything here is a great way to ensure people flock to the 3DS eShop to buy those games as people start to panic that they'll never come to the Switch.

And I mean, they might not, and if they do I can still imagine them being sold piecemeal rather than being included in NSO, but that's a conversation for another Presents at this point I suppose ::shrug:

Caught the headlines. I watched Rillakuma so I'll probably give Pokémon Concierge a look. 

Already anticipating the spin-off game that's just a Pokémonised Animal Crossing: Happy Home Paradise that's sold as two versions.

7 hours ago, Dcubed said:

No Mystery Dungeon, no classic Pokémon games on NSO?

I sleep.  Pokémon can go plus plus itself.

You gotta take the Plusles with the Minuns. 

• Haha 2

I laughed at "Pokémon go plus plus" and not just because "plus plus" is patently silly but also because they have tacked it on to an app where you're not transitively going anywhere. 

I was surprised we didn't get anything about the new anime. Given it's a big change and due out soon (right?) I figured we would. 

• Like 1

pokemonpresents27022023banner.620x0.webp

Pokémon Presents 27.02.2023 Roundup

Now up on the main page... :zzz:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Julius said:

Oh gosh that Pokémon TCG - Classic set looks unreal

must...resist...

That was the highlight of the thing for me, as well as the date for Worlds, which if the missus is picked to help Judge at, I'll be able to travel over too as her spouse. Free trip to Japan bitches!

Apart from that it was pure meh, new random crap for Unite and Café Remix, which I thought would be coming. The beginning bit of the Masters EX almost made me think there was a 3D remake of Black and White coming, but hopes were quickly dashed.

Pokémon Sleep I'm not sure I fully understand, they want you to catch 'em all napping next to you (that advert was fucking stupid), but only 'mon who have the same sleep style as you will appear. Do they think you'll be able to change how you sleep just to get different Pokémon to appear near you?

I'm torn on the DLC, as I didn't get the Sword/Shield one so I don't have anything to compare it to - what was the verdict on those?

20 minutes ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

Pokémon Sleep I'm not sure I fully understand, they want you to catch 'em all napping next to you (that advert was fucking stupid), but only 'mon who have the same sleep style as you will appear. Do they think you'll be able to change how you sleep just to get different Pokémon to appear near you?

I think the kind of Pokémon you can "catch" are all the same, but they have a type that matches your sleep style. 

It's basically all the different Pikachu hats in Go. 

47 minutes ago, Ashley said:

It's basically all the different Pikachu hats in Go. 

I don't think I made it as far as the introduction of hats, mainly because all I could get walking to and from work were Drowzee's. Don't get me wrong, I love Hypno, but in moderation.

1 hour ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

That was the highlight of the thing for me, as well as the date for Worlds, which if the missus is picked to help Judge at, I'll be able to travel over too as her spouse. Free trip to Japan bitches!

Nice one if it comes off!

1 hour ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

I'm torn on the DLC, as I didn't get the Sword/Shield one so I don't have anything to compare it to - what was the verdict on those?

In fairness, it was well received.

Apparently, a new Switch model will launch alongside the upcoming DLC. This stuff's like clockwork. Any year now it'll come to fruition.

Yeah because if there's a game to show off technical prowess it would be Pokémon.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Yeah because if there's a game to show off technical prowess it would be Pokémon.

To be fair though, it IS the game that needs the hardware the most ;)

You make it sound as if you didn't like it when a Psyduck (eg) would walk through the battle each time it cut to a shot of your opponent.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Ashley said:

Something about improved creature models I think. Which doesn't seem outlandish as it's all they ever seem to be concerned about...

22 hours ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

You make it sound as if you didn't like it when a Psyduck (eg) would walk through the battle each time it cut to a shot of your opponent.

I always thought Psyduck got some of the limelight because it's Miyamoto's fave? Though who knows how much truth that NMS factoid holds.

I guess I'll put this here.

Finally, a more in depth look to how it bloody works.

Me and my insomnia will ensure that my Snorlax is the crappiest Snorlax ever!

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Glen-i said:

I guess I'll put this here.

Finally, a more in depth look to how it bloody works.

Me and my insomnia will ensure that my Snorlax is the crappiest Snorlax ever!

Honestly surprised they haven't announced a tie-in PokéFlute that doubles as an alarm clock to wake you and your Snorlax up

But sure, just release a Pokémon Go Plus+Plusle++ instead

tumblr_lqjx1cfDeL1qcnibbo2_1280.png

• Haha 3