NEurope
Ashley

The Super Mario Bros. Movie (April 7th UK)

Finally got round to creating this thread. Best to use this going forward rather than using the threads specific to the directs (which are linked below).

Release dates:
UK/USA - 7th April 2023
Japan - April 28th 2023
Peacock - 45-70 days after release
Netflix - October 2023 apparently

Promotional materials

Related threads:

Direct Thread One
Direct Thread Two

I'll be seeing this on March 31st at a press viewing. I had to take some time off work to do that so I hope it's worth it... 

• Like 1

I don't know when I'll be seeing it. I'm in Argentina when it's released and there's currently no release date for that. If it does come out while it's there and I can find a subbed version I'll go along. If not I should be able to find a screening when I get back but will probably be infrequent by that point. 

So I guess The Super Show is canon now?

6a00d83452033569e2017c3243873c970b-600wi

Milli Vanilli is my favourite Mario character!

• Haha 2

Even Disney seemingly promoting it, with this poster-I’ve-never-seen-before being displayed on the side of the IMAX cinema outside Disneyland Paris:

31e8c60cc376da464940dad10c0c5d34.jpg

• Like 1

GameXplain has a video and they call that number. Just a voice message from Luigi pointing you to the site basically. 

They also point out a number of Easter eggs on that site. For example try clicking the "as seen on TV" image. 

Yeah I know, just annoyed at Marvel, Cameron and Nolan in general. 

16 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

And to think we thought Pokémon were announcing next week's Presents too early! :laughing: 

I can't remember the last time a company announced a trailer date dropping a full two weeks out! And fair play to them for just straight up saying there won't be games here, bit weird for me to use the Direct branding and such for this, but hey, I guess it's a recognisable brand and should do a great job of getting people to pay attention to the trailer dropping on a specific date! 

Now let's just hold onto our overalls and hope the movie's good :p

Edited by Julius

I'm so used to Directs being announced a day or two in advance it feels weird to get one two weeks out! Lovely artwork though. I'm not gonna watch the trailer, seen enough, hype at maximum already.

Fpk4MsiXoAMi92s?format=jpg&name=large

Just posting the image larger as I think it's funny that Toad seems to have smart steering on. He has the antenna that you have on the back of your kart the you do.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Weird 1

6 hours ago, Ike said:

They couldn't wait 1 more day?

In fairness it's March 10th in Japan at that point