NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

Etrian Odyssey Origins Collection (1st June 2023)

Where's @Grazza when you need him, huh?

Explore the beginnings of Etrian Odyssey with three remastered, timeless adventures! No journey is the same: lead a guild of adventurers and search for treasures within vast, sprawling labyrinths. 

Etrian Odyssey Origins Collection releases June 1st, 2023 for Nintendo Switch and Steam. 

Etrian Odyssey HD, Etrian Odyssey HD and Etrian Odyssey HD are also available for pre-order individually.

Edited by Julius

KEY FEATURES

• An all-in-one bundle of Etrian Odyssey HD, Etrian Odyssey II HD, and Etrian Odyssey III HD
  • Touch screen mapping functionality for the Nintendo Switch™: Plot your progress through the labyrinth, drawing walls and placing icons to note special events and items
  • Full mouse support and functionality to map drawing, menus, and dungeon exploration
  • Newly remastered graphics, remastered soundtrack and quality of life improvements including difficulty selection and save slots
  • Easy access to the monster compendium, quest log and skill tree
  • Maximize your adventuring by optimizing your party, choose the characters that work for your playstyle or the best team for the job

EO-HD-DLC-1024x576.jpg

ETRIAN ODYSSEY HD CHARACTER PORTRAIT DLC SET 1
Adds two ATLUS themed character portraits to your party

• Joker from Persona 5 Royal
  • Ringo from Soul Hackers 2

These portraits can only be accessed on Etrian Odyssey HD.

ETRIAN ODYSSEY HD CHARACTER PORTRAIT DLC SET 2

• Demi-fiend from Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne
  • Teddie from Persona 4 Golden

These portraits can only be accessed on Etrian Odyssey II HD.

ETRIAN ODYSSEY HD CHARACTER PORTRAIT DLC SET 3

• Nahobino from Shin Megami Tensei V
  • Aigis from Persona 3 Portable

These portraits can only be accessed on Etrian Odyssey III HD.

First vid is the Japanese Seikaju no MeiQ trailer (it's longer than the look we got), the second vid is a stream they did. I'm gonna be going through these like people comb through BotW and TotK trailers. :geek: 

En eye-watering £36 for each game or £72 for all three. Already available for digital pre-order, I'm standing by for physical before giving in.

I'm so glad to see the series live on. You've no idea. I figured it was set to skip this generation and possibly never be heard from again. II and III never came out over here on DS but I was able to pick up City of the Drowned over in the states a dozen years or something ago however I didn't come across Heroes of Lagaard, so I'm particularly looking forward to playing the original, pre-Untold version of it.

I thought I & III were really long, epic games to get through, but by today's standards, the average playtime will probably be on the shorter side of things!

Feels good to be back into the EO sig & av too. :love: 

• Like 1

On 08/02/2023 at 10:54 PM, Julius said:

Where's @Grazza when you need him, huh?

I won't get it at launch, but it does look good.  Remasters are better than remakes, aren't they?  I hope to get it when it's half price - in the meantime I'm happy to offer any advice.

• Thanks 1

I'm not sure I'm understanding this game, you have a team, and go through a maze in squares? I know this was done in days of old... Is there a story? I can see this gimmick'ing for one game, but thrice and more? I'm truly baffled here

4 hours ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

I'm not sure I'm understanding this game, you have a team, and go through a maze in squares? I know this was done in days of old... Is there a story? I can see this gimmick'ing for one game, but thrice and more? I'm truly baffled here

You have a guild, which can have as many members as you want, from several available classes - Landsknecht, Alchemist, Medic etc.  You pick five of these and go through a labyrinth which is effectively on a sheet of squared paper.  There's story, which gets revealed to you along the way, but a lot of it is about interpretation.  As for more than one game, well, it depends how much you like it.  Personally, I got a bit tired of it by the 6th one (Nexus), but it's fundamentally a good series.

On 5/31/2023 at 6:58 PM, Grazza said:

You have a guild, which can have as many members as you want, from several available classes - Landsknecht, Alchemist, Medic etc.  You pick five of these and go through a labyrinth which is effectively on a sheet of squared paper.  There's story, which gets revealed to you along the way, but a lot of it is about interpretation.  As for more than one game, well, it depends how much you like it.  Personally, I got a bit tired of it by the 6th one (Nexus), but it's fundamentally a good series.

Oooh interpretation... sounds like work, Not sure how I feel about that. From the outside it just looks so basic, It's amazing they've tried to make such a concept look exciting when it is as you said, is squared paper action (nightmares of maths classes...). I think I've spoilt myself on less restrictive RPGs, but hey, not every game is for me :D

Sign in to follow this