NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

Professor Layton and The New World of Steam

Calling it now.  The gas are just paid actors and the new world is just a projection from an orbital satellite.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Dcubed said:

Calling it now.  The gas are just paid actors and the new world is just a projection from an orbital satellite.

• Thanks 1

New footage and deets just came out of the Level 5 Vision 2023 event!

Takes place 1 year after Unwound Future, as both Layton and Luke go to America.  Layton is not famous in America, but for some reason Luke is more famous than Layton?

The town that the game takes place in develops itself as Layton gradually solves puzzles.

Puzzles are being designed by a Japanese group called Quizknock, who make puzzle books and such things in Japan (It does NOT involve the same puzzle designers who worked on Katrielle and the Millionare's Conspiracy... thank God!).  So the puzzles might actually be good this time around!

A small amount of new 3D cutscene footage was shown, as well as details on Japanese voice actors.

Luke drives a Metal Slug for some reason.  Also he has now ascended to becoming Lanky Luke and looks weird... clearly he got jealous of Weird Mario from SMM.

Game is due to be released outside Japan some time between 2023-2024, with full EFIGS localisation!

Edit:  Teaser site is up now: https://www.layton.jp/jouki/en/

Edited by Dcubed
  • Thanks 1

New trailer from today's Level 5 event, also with the news that this has been delayed to 2025:

How do you go from the promise of a 2023 release, to TWENTY TWENTY FIVE!?

They're planning to release a Switch exclusive game, in 2025!? Yeah fucking right!

This company is cooked.

25 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

How do you go from the promise of a 2023 release, to TWENTY TWENTY FIVE!?

They're planning to release a Switch exclusive game, in 2025!? Yeah fucking right!

This company is cooked.

It honestly doesn't surprise me in the slightest. I'm baffled how the lights are still on over there given how the company has been ran in recent years.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

It honestly doesn't surprise me in the slightest. I'm baffled how the lights are still on over there given how the company has been ran in recent years.

I’d LOVE to know who keeps footing their bills.  I honestly have no idea how they’ve kept the lights on these past 7 years or so after they ditched Nintendo and their steady stream of income.

They’re a privately held company, so we have no idea about their actual financial state.  But there has to be some sort of angel investor keeping them going!

Sign in to follow this