NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

Metroid Prime Remastered

Really enjoying playing through this again. Loving every minute of it. I've tried all the "new" control options and really wanted to like motion controls using the joy cons but I just couldn't get it to click for me. Think it is just the fact that the joy cons have no natural centre like the WiiMote did. as such I was constantly re centurion it. Even the hybrid control just didn't do it. But the duel stick is perfect, at least for me. Taken me no time to get the hang using that mode.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Picked up a physical copy of the game and played through it a couple of months ago.

F9nnwyAaoAAw1H4?format=jpg&name=large

A lot of love and care was shown when developing this remaster. Everything looked and ran great. I especially enjoyed being able to finally play the game using dual analogue stick controls. I was never a fan of the original control scheme and the pointer/motion controls on the Wii version done nothing for me. This made it a much more plesant experience.

However, despite these changes and how polished the game is, I'm still not a huge fan of it and it baffles me the praise the game gets. There is so much backtracking to do, especially late on, that it becomes very tedious going to and fro across the map. Speaking of which, I never did like how the map looked and worked. I always found it fiddly to rotate and moved about to find my position and then where I needed to go. The kill rooms where enemies appear and the door locks become very repetitive and annoying, as did the need to constantly switch beams.

I will say that I did enjoy it more this time around than I did on the GameCube but that was probably more to do with the controls feeling more natural to me. Still, at least I gave it another shot. Give me Other M over this everyday of the week. I'm serious.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Give me Other M over this everyday of the week. I'm serious.

lean-back-thumbs-up.gif

Can you believe this version actually tones down the locked room situations? Still isn't enough.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Haha 1

I love Metroid Prime Remastered but would genuinely be more excited for Other M to come to Switch than I've ever been for Metroid Prime 4!

Sign in to follow this