NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

Metroid Prime Remastered

Does it make sense to add suits to the game? It's not like you actually see the suit you're wearing much in the game. 

13 hours ago, MindFreak said:

Does it make sense to add suits to the game? It's not like you actually see the suit you're wearing much in the game. 

Cutscenes, elevator loading segments, the pause screen, saving and reloading, the morph ball, as well as Samus' left hand.

You see it more then you'd think.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I really doubt that they'll add unlockable suits to the game.  By all reports, this game finished development years ago (well before Dread was even announced); they wouldn't have even known that GBA NSO was ever going to be a thing at all when they were making this remaster.  If there was ever going to be an unlockable suit, it would've been unlocked by the Smash Bros Samus Amiibo.

Besides, if there was any sort of cross game/amiibo functionality hidden in the game? It would've been datamined by now.

Edited by Dcubed

Maybe there will be some unlockables when Meteoid 4 is released 🙃

On 12/02/2023 at 3:14 AM, euroninfan said:

Can amiibo be used for metroid prime remaster. Searched a bit but found no info

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Hardware/amiibo-/Line-up/Line-up-932319.html

According to that, amiibo are compatible with Prime: Federation Force and Prime: Blast Ball but not Prime Remastered. :( 

22 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Maybe there will be some unlockables when Meteoid 4 is released 🙃

So you agree with what me and @Glen-i said because Fusion is Metroid 4...! :p 

2 hours ago, Dcubed said:

I really doubt that they'll add unlockable suits to the game.  By all reports, this game finished development years ago (well before Dread was even announced); they wouldn't have even known that GBA NSO was ever going to be a thing at all when they were making this remaster.  If there was ever going to be an unlockable suit, it would've been unlocked by the Smash Bros Samus Amiibo.

Besides, if there was any sort of cross game/amiibo functionality hidden in the game? It would've been datamined by now.

I mean, on the one hand, just because the game has reportedly been sitting on a shelf waiting to launch for some years now, it doesn't mean it couldn't be updated. Actually, your argument that they wouldn't have known GBA NSO would be a thing at the time is kind of it's own argument for it not being datamined – it could be on the backburner to be added in an update whenever Fusion comes to GBA NSO. Plus, we all know how datamining goes these days - I have no doubts that there'd be a list of other GBA NSO games in there for some silly reason, and so leaving it out until it's actually needed would make sense. 

But honestly, I do agree with you that it's probably not going to be a thing. I think the most damning argument against suits being added from a GBA NSO game is simply because it wasn't advertised in the Direct when announcing Prime Remastered (which they did right after the GBA NSO section, so it was primed - heh - for it being announced if it were a thing), and that the physical version (which, if anything, should hopefully be shipping feature complete and ideally be the game in its final form) is releasing a matter of weeks after the digital release, with no word yet of when Fusion will be coming to GBA NSO. Any functionality like that just seems like it should be on the back of the box. 

It would be neat, but yeah, I'm not holding out hope. Has there even been a precedent set at this point of NSO games adding unlockable functionality to other games or NSO games? I could be blanking on an example of this, but nothing immediately springs to mind. 

Edited by Julius
  • Thanks 1

On 2/8/2023 at 11:10 PM, Dcubed said:

Edit: Wait? It's only £34.99!?!? What's wrong with it... That's WAY too cheap...

Cheap?!* When I first heard about this (after realising it wasn't the trilogy), I was thinking around the £20-25 mark.

As much as I enjoyed this game, it's not a £35 reinvestment one for me.

*Maybe by Ninty rip-off standards aye

Overwatch makes most of its money from skins, and that's an FPS. Yep, there's big money to be made from selling skins people hardly see themselves.

I guess you could also say the same about expensive clothes in real life. You only occasionally see them properly yourself, too!

Cheap?!* When I first heard about this (after realising it wasn't the trilogy), I was thinking around the £20-25 mark.
As much as I enjoyed this game, it's not a £35 reinvestment one for me.

*Maybe by Ninty rip-off standards aye
Yeah, it's still too much. You can often pick up brand new (non remake) Switch games for about £35-40 around launch, and those games needed to be designed from scratch.

8 hours ago, darksnowman said:

So you agree with what me and @Glen-i said because Fusion is Metroid 4...! :p 

In my defence I forgot it was called that

Digital Foundry's take on Metroid Prime Remastered:

The game really does look incredible.

Just another two and a half weeks until I can get my hands on that physical edition! :D

Edited by Julius

It's crazy how much work went into this, and then released with a shadow drop! Typical bonkers Nintendo.

If Prime 4 had the same visuals I doubt anyone would be complaining.

35 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

It's crazy how much work went into this, and then released with a shadow drop! Typical bonkers Nintendo.

If Prime 4 had the same visuals I doubt anyone would be complaining.

I don't think it's the visuals people are complaining about, it's dat scrilla homie.

I do love how Nintendo do this with their Directs, or if they give you a date and it's like "arrrgh so soon", as opposed to the old days when things were drip fed. Now with the interwebs it's best to not let anyone know anything until POW, surprise release motherfucker.

I initially edited with a comment asking if Samus always glided like that, then it got addressed in the video. I first thought he'd done some mod/hacking to get some sweeping shots for his video, but alas it's how it looks normally. Kinda unjarring.

Edited by EEVILMURRAY
  • Like 1

I literally dusted off the Gamecube to play this a couple of months ago, thinking a remaster would never happen. Typical :blush:

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Shorty said:

I literally dusted off the Gamecube to play this a couple of months ago, thinking a remaster would never happen. Typical :blush:

On the bright side at least it's easy to pack away the GameCube again

• Haha 1

Plus the removal of all that dust will be good for allergies.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Shorty said:

You could always play other games on your GameCube, Phantasy Star Online would be my obvious recommendation. But the GameCube has loads of other great exclusive games too, and titles which still haven't even been ported to any modern Nintendo platform. It's a good idea to play the GC regularly anyway, plus any other console which is at least couple of decades old, just to keep the components going. I've been noticing small issues with GC consoles that I've had for a while, but usually nothing that can't be fixed by resetting the console or leaving it on for a while.

When it comes to Metroid Prime, even though I enjoyed replaying the trilogy on the Wii, when it was released again digitally on the Wii U, I found that I wanted to go back to the GameCube controls, despite the seemingly apparent advantages of the motion control. I'm glad that this remaster has all of the control methods which were originally offered, and then some more options as well, the dual analog controls are surely welcome, though the beam-switching using the C-Stick on the original GC controller had a good feel to it.

I am intending to buy this when it comes out at the start of March, I don't buy that many Switch games any more (or even own a fifth of the games I used to on the console) but Metroid Prime Remastered is definitely an exception. And I'm glad to see the game re-released again, so that many other players who haven't tried the game before can experience it for themselves in an improved and accessible form. :smile:

For anyone looking to pre-order the physical version of Metroid Prime Remastered...

On eBay, voucher code CATCH10 which you can enter at the checkout for 10% off, Videogames are included, select sellers only, one of which is thegamecollectionoutlet, which is the same as the site effectively, they have the game for pre-oder at £34.95 but with the code it makes the pre-oder price £31.45 which seems to be a good price for the physical version, it's even cheaper than digital.

28 copies currently sold, seemingly 22 copies left, suggesting that the outlet allocates around fifty of each game that they know will sell on pre-order at the same time when these offers appear on eBay, I've ordered games from them before, and they usually arrive on the day of release or a day before.

Voucher code expires just before midnight.

Edited by S.C.G
  • Like 1

It's unclear if this will carry over to EU physical versions of the game, but in the US, the physical version includes a reversible cover inspired by the Japanese box art for the original game on GameCube:

jhwtx1r79tia1.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

Think I lean towards preferring the new box art for Remastered, but this looks great! And more games need reversible covers :p

To be honest, both are rubbish so it's a wash really.

Then again, crummy box art is a Metroid series tradition as old as time itself; so it's only fitting :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

So, did anybody see what is likely the best reaction to this game? (Turn on subtitles)

Now that's a super fan. They have a reaction to Metroid Dread, too.

Edited by Jonnas
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Jonnas said:

So, did anybody see what is likely the best reaction to this game? (Turn on subtitles)

Now that's a super fan. They have a reaction to Metroid Dread, too.

Thanks for sharing this, it's definitely the best reaction I've watched for Prime Remastered :laughing:

"I wasn't wearing pants...the peculiarities of remote meetings..." killed me :grin:

• Haha 1

Physical copy of the game arrived today from Nintendo, very early received and very much liked. 

• Thanks 3

Sign in to follow this