NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

Metroid Prime Remastered

1 minute ago, Ike said:

Physical copy comes out 3rd March in Europe.

What better way to celebrate the sixth anniversary of the Switch and Breath of the Wild, amirite? :p

I wonder if this is internally developed by Retro Studios... It looks VERY faithful to the original game, for better and for worse.

Really is just light touch-ups, very tastefully done :D

Let's just hope that motion controls are in...

Edit: Wait? It's only £34.99!?!? What's wrong with it... That's WAY too cheap...

Edit 2: GYRO CONTROLS ARE IN!!! YYYYYYEEEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!! :bouncy:

Edited by Dcubed

While this is downloading, can I just take a moment to rag on about how utterly shit the logo looks? Because it is REALLY shit.

It honestly looks like a fan mockup... maybe this remaster is still just an "insider" ruse after all?

Edited by Dcubed

What's wrong with the logo exactly?

Visuals of the game itself look great! I never played any of the Prime games so might be time to finally give this one a go!

Just now, Ike said:

Physical copy comes out 3rd March in Europe.

That cover is beautiful. So nostalgic.

The trailer itself as well. All these years later, and I still recognize the attacking animation from those Space Pirates.

The most significant change I noticed was the lighting and colours/contrast. There was a different "feel" to several rooms and cutscenes (like how some formerly dark blue enemies look so much brighter in the remaster). Other than that, everything looked pristine and accurate.

Just now, Ronnie said:

I never played any of the Prime games so might be time to finally give this one a go!

You're in for a treat!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

What's wrong with the logo exactly?

Visuals of the game itself look great! I never played any of the Prime games so might be time to finally give this one a go!

They've messed with the font used for the "Metroid" part of the logo...

metroid-prime-logo.large.jpg

metroid-prime-remastered-990x556.jpg

The kerning on "Prime" is all wrong too.  And the "Remastered" part just looks like it's been cheaply tacked on (because it has).

It just looks off.

I honestly have no idea why they've mucked around with the logo!

Edited by Dcubed

Just opened it up to see the menu and the opening cutscene...

It's... perfect.  Just... perfect.  And the motion controls are JUST like Metroid Prime Trilogy too...

Oh God, I've missed you SO much Retro Studios :cry:

Edit: YOU CAN STILL RAPID FIRE MISSILES LIKE IN THE ORIGINAL GAME! This is just too much... I'm in awe.  It's a proper Retro Studios game :cry:

Edited by Dcubed

It's crazy to think that Nintendo have just been sitting on this for years.  I remember hearing about this being ready for release all the way back in 2018!

Makes you wonder just what the hell else Retro have been working on all this time...

BTW, the term "Remaster" really does this game a disservice.  It's basically the Metroid Prime equivilent to OoT 3D.

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 1

It's crazy to think that Nintendo have just been sitting on this for years.  I remember hearing about this being ready for release all the way back in 2018!
Makes you wonder just what the hell else Retro have been working on all this time...
BTW, the term "Remaster" really does this game a disservice.  It's basically the Metroid Prime equivilent to OoT 3D.
Apparently it was ready to release in 2018, but they wanted to get the logo juuuuuust right.
  • Haha 2

Wow, didn't expect this, but then with no MP4 I guess they wanted to give us something. I'll be picking up the physical copy when it comes out as this was the only MP game I really got into and enjoyed. Looks great too, can't wait for this.

Oh, I hadn't twigged that this is only the first game. I thought it was the whole trilogy.

Not sure I'm willing to spend £35 for only one game...

Only way I'm getting this is if the Fusion suit can be unlocked through Metroid Fusion on the NSO. And even then, I doubt I'd be swayed. :D 

9 minutes ago, bob said:

Oh, I hadn't twigged that this is only the first game. I thought it was the whole trilogy.

Not sure I'm willing to spend £35 for only one game...

Yeah, I thought they were throwing Metroid fans a bone with the trilogy here but it's classic Nintendo. Just be thankful it's not £60.

A heads-up to those like myself looking out for the physical version, it looks like it's starting to crop up on sites that aren't the Nintendo Store, so keep your eyes peeled. 

So far I've spotted it for £42.85 at Hit (the recently rebranded Base), where I'm sure it will come down closer to the £35 RRP in the next few days, but I've gone and put my pre-order in with ShopTo, where it's only £29.85! Hard to imagine you'll be able to find it for much less than that anytime soon :peace:

EDIT: also, as if we needed anymore confirmation of Metroid truly being back at the fore for Nintendo, there's now a dedicated Metroid portal on their official site

Edited by Julius
  • Thanks 2

My second favourite game of all time (first is Super Metroid!) and I'm struggling to justify picking this up as I've already played it to death.  I will get it at some point though.

The GameCube game was already beautiful and really pushed the boundaries of the hardware.  Probably only second to the Factor 5 games in terms of that.  That's not me putting the remaster down because I really like the new texture work and models!  Plus native widescreen!  Fix the doors though please, Nintendo.

Gah I need it.

2 hours ago, V. Amoleo said:

My second favourite game of all time (first is Super Metroid!) and I'm struggling to justify picking this up

You'd think if it's really your second favourite game of all time, you'd be struggling to justify not stocking up on bars of bounty and setting sail for the shores of Talon IV to circle strafe space pirates and space jellyfish. :p 

• Haha 1

I never liked the Space Pirate designs in the Prime games. Utterly forgettable, you could plonk them in any sci-fi game, and I wouldn't be able to notice.

Pretty much my biggest complaint about the game, so that's pretty good, even if I do prefer both of the sequels.

6 hours ago, euroninfan said:

Can amiibo be used for metroid prime remaster. Searched a bit but found no info

Nope.

Nintendo missed a trick there, they could have added amiibo functionality for all the existing figures, adding in the Fusion Suit, and the Dread Suit... etc.

I reckon the Fusion Suit is probably coded in anyway... perhaps it'll be dlc or a free update when then physical copy is released.

Or... none of the above. ::shrug:

46 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

Nintendo missed a trick there, they could have added amiibo functionality for all the existing figures, adding in the Fusion Suit, and the Dread Suit... etc.

I reckon the Fusion Suit is probably coded in anyway... perhaps it'll be dlc or a free update when then physical copy is released.

Or... none of the above. ::shrug:

Or, if you have NSO Expansion Pak, you get it by finishing Metroid Fusion when it releases... Somehow.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Or, if you have NSO Expansion Pak, you get it by finishing Metroid Fusion when it releases... Somehow.

Yeah, that actually sounds likely. Nintendo could be playing the long-game with this one.

It would make sense, as they definitely use nostalgia to sell more to people who remember these games the first time around.

And for anyone who hasn't played these games, it would be just another incentive to buy both Metroid Prime Remastered and NSO Expansion Pack, if they didn't have it already.

It would be great if Metroid Fusion was released at the same time that the physical version of Metroid Prime Remastered comes out.

Adding in similar functionality with Metroid Dread would be interesting as well, maybe update that game as well, and put the Gravity Suit into Dread, even though it probably wouldn't make much sense.

Sign in to follow this