NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

Nintendo Direct (8th February 2023 @ 22:00 GMT)

49 minutes ago, martinist said:

Dragon Quest 3 HD

that is all...

okay I take back my lack of hype, that totally slipped my mind

ALL ABOARD THE DRAGON QUEST III HD TRAIN CHOO CHOOOOOOOOOO

(please Horii I beg)

Edited by Julius

It's 4 years since Nintendo announced that Metroid Prime 4 had restarted development, surely they'll have something to show by now - even if its a short in-engine teaser 

Kid Icarus: Uprising port would be cool, Sakurai did hint at it in one of his videos...

Realistically though I don't know what to expect beyond more info on Tears of the Kingdom, Pikmin 4 and an Advance Wars shadow drop so hopefully there are a few surprises.

14 minutes ago, killthenet said:

It's 4 years since Nintendo announced that Metroid Prime 4 had restarted development, surely they'll have something to show by now - even if its a short in-engine teaser 

Kid Icarus: Uprising port would be cool, Sakurai did hint at it in one of his videos...

Realistically though I don't know what to expect beyond more info on Tears of the Kingdom, Pikmin 4 and an Advance Wars shadow drop so hopefully there are a few surprises.

The game really should be more than ready for release by now... I can't imagine that Nintendo is actually going to release it on the current Switch model though, it would be an incredibly stupid decision to do so... (then again, this IS Nintendo we're talking about...)

Kid Icarus Uprising would be exactly the kind of first party project I'd expect from Nintendo at this point though.  A reletively quick n' easy remaster with some legitimate value to Switch owners to help tide them over until Switch 2 comes out.

Metroid Prime 4 feels like a "the Direct after TOTK's release" kind of reveal. Feels a bit pointless to reveal it today.

Some more:
Castlevania DS games and new entry
Mario Run on Switch
Pocket Card Jockey Switch
Ports of other 3DS eShop games
Dragon Quest Swords
Link's Shiekah Slate Swot Up — where you play on-rails versions of the shrines and korok "puzzles" for high scores. Ring Fit ring accessory and leg strap compatibility to be added in autumn.
Mario Odyssey DLC
Megaman info that leads into a new game
The Zelda DS anniversary thing

Haha. Honestly, I'm in that small camp (are there even dozens of us?) that's cool with whatever gets shown in the Directs. It's all good. Even if there's nothing I'm interested in, there's still plenty to tide me over until the back half of the year and whatever unknown releases that potentially brings. I thought twelve months ago they had a strong showing considering what point in the Switch's life we were at. Granted, I didn't get Three Hopes because I still don't have Three Houses, I couldn't get caught up in time for Xenoblade 3, ended up not getting Mario Strikers due to the lukewarm reception it got... but notwithstanding any of that, I enjoyed seeing these franchises be continued, and I'm just as curious about what they have in the pipeline this year. I particularly want to know how they're shaping it around Tears of the Kingdom. 

@Jonnas, I'd love to see a Wario platformer. The time is now!
@Julius, I'd forgotten about Suikoden. I reckon it'll be in the reel too.
@martinist, I just don't know if DQ III's next showing will be a Direct. Would love to see it tonight though.
@Sprout, I'm not bothered about Kid Icarus but if they bring it, great for everyone that's into it!
@Ashley, hope you don't show up a day late for your next flight................. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

Oh, and the Mario Maker update will be to add Mario Movie style to it.

I don’t think I’m ready to see Mario turned into a horror game…

7 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

I don’t think I’m ready to see Mario turned into a horror game…

More likely than Golden Sun remasters, remakes, releases or sequels. :D 

On the horror front, I think there's a Fatal Frame coming that they'll give a throwaway mention to...?

Not expecting a huge amount on Tears of the Kingdom, i'm pretty sure they'll have a focussed Direct or Treehouse.  Maybe we'll get news on a Collectors Edition and Amibo alongside a new trailer.

Maybe we'll have Advance Wars finally getting a release date.

• Like 1

I’m never sure what I want from a direct when it comes to Nintendo themselves, I’m generally happy with whatever they show. I think we might see a new Donkey Kong game since he seems to feature in the upcoming movie. As for anything else, all I can think of are things related to random rumours we’ve heard over the past six months, such as Wind Waker and Twilight princess Wii U ports, Metroid Prime HD. 

Here are sone left field predictions from me:

Shenmue 1 and 2 

Jet Set Radio

Marvel Vs Capcom 2

Mario Galaxy 2

Metal Gear Solid

Some kind of cross over announcement with Nintendo and Fortnite. I only recently started playing Fortnite a few weeks ago and love it, id like to see a Samus skin in there and some other Nintendo themed items.

Edited by Helmsly

2 minutes ago, Helmsly said:

Some kind of cross over announcement with Nintendo and Fortnite. I only recently started playing Fortnite a few weeks ago and love it, id like to see a Samus skin in there and sone Nintendo themed items.

Jet Set Radio would be great to see. Galaxy 2 is a good shout too. Maybe they will bring All-Stars out of retirement for another run. You mentioned DK... what about DK and his coconut gun firing in spurts all over the Fortnite island! With all the anime stuff in there, they could throw in Toon Link when they're at it.

• Haha 1

To join in on the wild predictions, Nintendo agreeing to put their full weight behind Yu Suzuki so he can finally finish the Shenmue saga - putting their vast warchest to good use!

Edited by killthenet

Here's more and the Direct is still going to be full of surprises.

Muramasa!
DQ Builders 3! (only chance is if DQ III features)
Persona 3 + 4 Strikers!
Fantasy Life on Switch!
Ever Oasis on Switch!
Tamodachi Life on Switch!
Mario 3D Land with an Ice White Switch!
Chrono Cross European physical release!
Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasies, Sim City SNES and SimCopter 64DD on NSO! No Mercy...?
Mario Kart 8 to receive Diddy and Dixie Kong plus the next tracks will have short cuts accessible through bob-ombable walls. And mission mode.
Splatoon 3 VR mode.
de Blob 3. 
Life is Strange 2 mention.
A blowout on the Annapurna storytelling game...
OutRun Coast 2 Coast
Kid Icarus and Palutena for Fire Emblem Engage
Rocky Wrench & Monty Mole X Sonny & Don Resetti
Tingle
Eternal Darkness
Too Human

And how far are we into the Switch now? Rhythm Tengoku and Switch Music, come on Nintendo. Just do it. I don't want to be a whine about it. :( 

Streams at the ready...

On a more likely note it would be nice to see some story DLC for Xenoblade Chronicles 3 

Starting with Pikmin 4? Surely that's got to mean it's one of those games coming in the first half of the year, right..? 

Opening the Direct with a game outside of the first half of the year is so typically Nintendo :laughing:

It's Fake New Style Boutique lol.

Edit: GHOST TRICK LIVES!!!!!!! :D

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this