NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
EEVILMURRAY

EEVIL's New Year Resolution Thread: 2023 edition

Last year's for your reference: https://forum.n-europe.com/topic/39562-eevils-new-year-resolution-thread/?tab=comments#comment-1887960

Looking at last year's some have been fulfilled, I'm back with the saxophone classes and I've been on the Duolingo for the whole year (maybe 3-4 days without) but that will change with telling them to bollocks and using Memrise.

Yesterday I was thinking about my gym resolution and about how fresh it was, turns out it's the same as last year. But this isn't really my fault this time! We've had to move offices which has tripled my commute time.

Models... Well that was a pipe dream, as is for all people in this world.

GO

Tempted to suggest you resolve to get a calendar but I'll just update the topic title instead 😋

Looking at that thread from last year:

I have 3 for next year:

1. Get off plague island
  2. Be more confident
  3. Be more selfish

The third one is mostly in regards to my family and is a repeat of 2020's resolution as that was tied to travelling and well...we know how 2020 went.

Well that didn't quite work. At the start of the year I was looking to move abroad but stupid Brexit made that harder and it might have been possible, but I would have had to (at least for a while) continue doing the work I didn't like doing so I knocked that on the head.

Not sure about the confidence thing (so I guess that's a no) and the selfish thing fell through when there were those deaths over the summer.

I don't think I really have resolutions for next year. I am planning to travel but I don't know if that's really a resolution.

Want to try and bulk up, which I have also been trying to do this year. Think I'm finally figuring that out and technically gained 11kg this year so I have gained weight, but it never "sits" where I want it, alas. I do also want to continue learning new stuff at the gym, but don't really have that in any resolution-friendly manner.

5 hours ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

I've been on the Duolingo for the whole year (maybe 3-4 days without) but that will change with telling them to bollocks and using Memrise

I switched to Memrise recently (used it ages ago but found juggling two was too much) after I gave up on Duolingo although I am adding a streak freeze every day until I run out of virtual currency to keep that 2222 streak. I think I will pay for the premium next year as its always on sale anyway. Added Spanish to the mix recently too.

1. Stop eating so much junk food/takeaways
  2. Lose some weight, roughly a couple of stone and get down to about 15% body fat
  3. Start exercising at least semi-regularly
  4. Pay off my overdraft and credit card debt
  5. Actually start to save some of my leftover money each month rather than just spending it (see point 1 :blank:)
  6. Move into a management role in my job - if one for a team I am interested in becomes available, I don't want to move up a grade just for the sake of it.
  7. Buy a house

The first five should be achievable, the final two maybe not :heh:

I've not had any real resolutions for a few years now, not since 2019 anyway. 

Main one and god I hope I come back here Dec 2023 and can say it's done: 

• Have my last (fingers crossed) surgery - survive. 

Everything else is a bonus. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ashley said:

I switched to Memrise recently (used it ages ago but found juggling two was too much) after I gave up on Duolingo although I am adding a streak freeze every day until I run out of virtual currency to keep that 2222 streak. I think I will pay for the premium next year as its always on sale anyway. Added Spanish to the mix recently too.

I'm just going to hurry for the December badge, but then I'm going to let it lapse. Memrise seems a bit weird in the different layout, but I'm starting from the beginning and even learning some new words. I do love the footage of native peeps saying stuff. I did splash out for the premium. Cheaper than Duolingo too .

Very surprised the whole backlash didn't make them change it back/give the option to change

Sign in to follow this