NEurope
Ashley

What does your 2023 look like?

We're just over 24 hours away from a new year with new possibilities and blah blah blah.

What have you got planned for 2023? What do you hope will happen in 2023?

I am looking to do a bit of travelling which was kyboshed back in 2020. The year-long trip lasted 17 days but this time around it'll be shorter and is mostly about just going to a few select places either for longer or seeing a few places for a few days to break up some of the longer flights. 

Once I return I will hopefully start putting my new Personal Training qualification to use, although by that point it will have been over six months since I last worked (or did paid work I should say) so that'll be a culture shock!

And other than that I have mostly gym/diet goals that I won't bore everyone else with.

We've got another baby on the way, so our 2023 is mostly going to be back to sterilising bottles, and getting less than 3 hours sleep a night.

Hopefully we'll be able to on a couple of holidays though in the middle of all that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bob said:

We've got another baby on the way, so our 2023 is mostly going to be back to sterilising bottles, and getting less than 3 hours sleep a night.

Congrats! And same for me. At least we hope that a baby is coming, we have the first scan next week to confirm that there's something living in there. Due in August. 

Apart from that building a workshop and a (small, about 10 m^2) fitness room in our garage, along with some other projects in our home. We're also planning a vacation to Lego Land (in Denmark) and a party.

So basically nothing too exciting planned. :D 

• Like 2

Mostly looking forward to media/game releases at the moment, though might be going back to LA at the end of the year too.

Mando season 3, the Super Mario Movie, Jedi: Survivor all in March, Star Wars Celebration in April and a little game called Zelda Tears of the Kingdom in May. Then throw in a few other Star Wars Disney+ shows + Starfield, Silksong (surely?), Darkest Dungeon 2 and Hogwarts Legacy... should be a fun year.

I'm hoping for a new (and better paying) job for 2023 :p

On a hobby/health note, 2023 will involve more swimming and seeing how much I can push my limits in the water again.

2022 I broke every milestone I had. Longest single swim increased from 2.3km to a massive 7.9km, total distance swam in year 208.79km, total time swam 100 hours 11mins.

https://twitter.com/MokongX3M/status/1609171036553056256?s=20&t=FWYn4XF3T9k56TKVTCkqlQ

• Like 1

I need to get a job as I was made redundant.

What a ball-ache.

• Sad 1