NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
BowserBasher

The Muppets Christmas Carol

OK, so I thought I'd ask this here as I saw it mentioned in the Smash online thread after we played our games this week when I mentioned I was off to watch it and it seemed a few others were too.

Is The Muppets Christmas Carol the best adaptation of A Christmas Carol every, and also is it up there as the best Christmas film? I have watched the film every Christmas Eve for the past 11 years, I even have a copy of the film which includes the only recently re-added song by Belle. Disney+ now includes the full version of the film.

Edited by BowserBasher
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

I have watched the film every Christmas Eve for the past 11 years, I even have a copy of the film which includes the only recently re-added song by Belle.

Wait, really? I didn't even know this version existed. Huh...

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

My vote goes to Scrooged or Blackadder's Christmas Carol.

That's definitely my favourite non-film version. It's a hilarious subversion.

15 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Wait, really? I didn't even know this version existed. Huh...

Yup. The song was in the original VHS version and was the original cut of the film, but it seems the director or someone didn't like how it flowed and cut it from the DVD releases and pretty much every broadcast viewing. Many people have been lobbying for it be put back in. Seems Disney finally listened.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

Yup. The song was in the original VHS version and was the original cut of the film, but it seems the director or someone didn't like how it flowed and cut it from the DVD releases and pretty much every broadcast viewing. Many people have been lobbying for it be put back in. Seems Disney finally listened.

Oh cool. I had the VHS version way back, so I guess I've already seen it then.

5 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

OK, so I thought I'd ask this here as I saw it mentioned in the Smash online thread after we played our games this week when I mentioned I was off to watch it and it seemed a few others were too.

Is The Muppets Christmas Carol the best adaptation of A Christmas Carol every, and also is it up there as the best Christmas film? I have watched the film every Christmas Eve for the past 11 years, I even have a copy of the film which includes the only recently re-added song by Belle. Disney+ now includes the full version of the film.

It was playing in the cinema, I saw it yesterday (with the song included).
It's been a while since I've seen it, but that applies to every adaptation I've ever seen, so I have no idea which one would be the best!

My favourite moment:

yYDwfH.gif

I think I like the one with Patrick Stewart as well.

Edited by Sméagol
  • Like 1

Just a note: you have to play the full version from the extras menu, default is missing the song.

It's a yearly tradition for me. 

2 hours ago, Cube said:

Just a note: you have to play the full version from the extras menu, default is missing the song.

Something I only found out yesterday an hour after watching it without the song. Next year...

Non-film stylie I like the Ross Kemp modern take, giving you some Groundhog Day feels too.

The Christmas Carole one Sky have done this year isn't that special, but the Morecambe and Wise actors are spot on. It's worth watching once just for that 

18 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

Is The Muppets Christmas Carol the best adaptation of A Christmas Carol every, and also is it up there as the best Christmas film? 

Ooooh, good questions. It's closer to taking the first than the second though it's definitely up there on both counts.

A Muppet Christmas Carol is my favourite but Scrooged is a very close second for me 

Edited by Helmsly

34 minutes ago, Helmsly said:

A Muppet Christmas Carol is my favourite but Scrooged is a very close second for me.

90783-bill-murray-scrooged-face-gif-GSOm

scrooged.gif

• Haha 1

Sign in to follow this