NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
drahkon

PDC World Darts Championship - 2023

Unreal performance, I don't think Gerwyn played that badly and the crowd weren't on his back particularly so it was very weird to see him bring out the ear defenders - his head was obviously gone, confidence knocked out of him by a relentless Clemens. 

I'll be rooting for Smith in the semis but after that performance it wouldn't be too much of a surprise to see Clemens go all the way to the final

Only four sets in but this is incredibly tense already - Smith is definitely missing too many darts at double, if the pattern continues it could go all the way to 11 sets 

The 180 hitting was relentless, shame Clemens couldn't push him for another couple of sets, that was an excellent match.

Unfortunately I don't see the second semi final being anywhere near as competitive, MVG looks untouchable right now - Dimi is going to need to play out of his skin

20 minutes ago, drahkon said:

He's too good.

That's all there is to it :D Incredible performance.

Clemens should be very proud, though. First German to reach the World Darts Championship's semi-final. :peace:

1 hour ago, killthenet said:

MVG looks untouchable right now

You can say that again :D

1 minute ago, drahkon said:

Holy shit, that was the best leg I've ever seen :D

Greatest punishment of a missed double ever - that must have been bruising for MVG!

I was worried for Smith when he lost the first set but he bounced back brilliantly, hopefully the rest of the match is up to the same standard as that set

The momentum is shifting constantly, looked like MVG was nailed on to make it 4-3 in his favour but Smith somehow managed to turn the set around. 

Really don't know who's going to win this now, it's so tight.

Van Gerwen was rattled once Smith got going and his eventual fight back was too little far too late. Great throwing to clinch it in the final leg. :o 

I must have watched that leg half a dozen times already, just incredible. 

Think my favourite moment was Smith celebrating with his family though, the look on his son's face is amazing.

Sign in to follow this