NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Mr-Paul

The Traitors

Guys! I have no idea if this TV programme is going to be any good, but it just came on after the England v Wales World Cup game. The Traitors. It's a bloody mafia game, but on TV!

@Rummy@Cube @Jonnas and whoever else is still around... I can't believe how long it is from our peak mafia days. The nostalgia.

I'm afraid I'm not in the UK, so I can't even watch it.

But I do have very fond memories of our mafia days :heart: It's a shame I no longer have the availability to run them (nor anybody else, I wager), because they were always so incredibly fun, to both play and host.

I got invited to apply for this, because I applied to be on The Circle which they've since shafted. Haven't watched yet to see if I regret ignoring the emails.

I haven’t watched it yet, but the concept has my attention.  I watched and enjoyed The Mole on Netflix and assumed it would be similar, but then heard the rules and it’s basically the rules of the game ‘Gnosia’ (but sounding more Mafia than Sci-Fi).  I really liked that game and it’s concept so I’m sold! 😃

What are people’s opinions of it so far?

On 10/12/2022 at 10:51 PM, WackerJr said:

What are people’s opinions of it so far?

I'm on the third episode now, and it certainly gets the anus of approval from me. I feel sorry for the faithful who have no abilities, compared to our mafia's where everyone was able to do something, no matter how small.

Get watching bitches NAAAAOW

• Like 1

Thanks, I finally got around to watch it this week and I ended up binging it.  I thought it was great!  With so many people I was worried it might struggle as you wouldn’t get to know or care enough about the individuals.  I was wrong though, and even if you didn’t care about them, the intrigue of how each vote would go was immense.

No spoilers - glad I watched it though!

@EEVILMURRAY if they do invite you to apply for any future seasons you should do it! 😃

There is a US version of this on the iPlayer, same location and tasks, but hosted by Alan Cumming who (even though he is Scottish) puts on a horrendous Scottish accent

I just watched the trailer for the US version and that's basically just how Alan Cumming sounds in real life, his intonation is a tad more dramatic than usual but otherwise that's his natural accent.

6 hours ago, killthenet said:

I just watched the trailer for the US version and that's basically just how Alan Cumming sounds in real life, his intonation is a tad more dramatic than usual but otherwise that's his natural accent.

He seems to dial back the Scot as the series goes on, at the beginning there are R's rolling all over the place like he's trying to be Billy Connolly, but coming to the end he seems to sound more like you hear him on Good Wife/Instinct etc

Plus some missions are missing, or appear to have been made easier coz 'Merica.

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

Getting these kinds of recommendations and shorts now I've finished it. I thought it was so good I wouldn't be surprised to find out it had been scripted! :o 

Can't believe they paint Maddy as a sleuthing genius. Yes, she was onto something, but the logic that got her there was totally wrong!!

• Like 1

I've watched three versions so far and the US one is really good. The winner is well deserved.

Spoiler

I've also watched the UK one and finished it last night. I'm sorry but I thought that the guy Wilf brought in is a complete tosser. To do that to Wilf was really bad sportsmanship. Amanda and Alyssa(?) understood that that was the game but that guy (I can't remember his name) really annoyed me doing that. It's the equivalent of someone tipping the board when they lose at Monopoly. Ver childish. I think Wilf would've won it as well was it not for "and my parting gift"...Wilf did great as a Traitor!

9 hours ago, Beast said:

I've watched three versions so far and the US one is really good. The winner is well deserved.

I really don't want to spoil... (Hide contents)

I've also watched the UK one and finished it last night. I'm sorry but I thought that the guy Wilf brought in is a complete tosser. To do that to Wilf was really bad sportsmanship. Amanda and Alyssa(?) understood that that was the game but that guy (I can't remember his name) really annoyed me doing that. It's the equivalent of someone tipping the board when they lose at Monopoly. Ver childish. I think Wilf would've won it as well was it not for "and my parting gift"...Wilf did great as a Traitor!

No fuck Wilf. I'm surprised the other two didn't do something similar themselves after he turned on them. And Hannah picking up on that parting gift, because unlike the other traitors he knew what was coming.

What was the third version ye watched?

On 04/03/2023 at 9:33 AM, EEVILMURRAY said:

No fuck Wilf. I'm surprised the other two didn't do something similar themselves after he turned on them. And Hannah picking up on that parting gift, because unlike the other traitors he knew what was coming.

What was the third version ye watched?

I don't know. I mean, I saw that there wasn't much of a choice with the first one but Amanda was a bit uncalled for but it was bound to happen. Not everyone is going to be in it to share the money. I personally wouldn't have done it but would've fought much harder to deflect it. That guy just accepted it and dropped him in it. That's just shit. It's like us playing Mafia and I get voted out as Evil and I dropped the remaining players' names. It's disrespecting the game to me.

Sorry, I meant to say that I watched two versions (UK and US) and there's three. There's one in Australia as well that I read is pretty ruthless, apparently.

6 hours ago, Beast said:

I don't know. I mean, I saw that there wasn't much of a choice with the first one but Amanda was a bit uncalled for but it was bound to happen. Not everyone is going to be in it to share the money. I personally wouldn't have done it but would've fought much harder to deflect it. That guy just accepted it and dropped him in it. That's just shit. It's like us playing Mafia and I get voted out as Evil and I dropped the remaining players' names. It's disrespecting the game to me.

There's a difference between throwing out names after being out, and during voting, that's not including the fact you know you're being shafted out of thousands of pounds. Wilfs plan worked because everyone loved him as he was there from the beginning, and because he quick to turn on his amigos he was trusted. When Alyssa got voted out I was surprised there wasn't any riddle-esque final message like The Circle, which lead to an event bigger surprise when in the US version they were allowed to waffle on

(Bollocks they all in for the monies, if you're just there for attention that's just sad)

7 hours ago, Beast said:

That guy just accepted it and dropped him in it.

I thought he looked a cool customer and would be a good ally for the home straight. But Wilf played it well knowing a guy had to be brought under suspicion and as soon as that geezer got a whiff of his name being mentioned he couldn't cope. I couldn't believe his reaction. He just had to keep a lid on it for one day; he was not ready to be a traitor at all. The parting gift was the icing on the cake for Wilf, imo, but I see where you're coming from because the others left quietly. 

1 hour ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

(Bollocks they all in for the monies, if you're just there for attention that's just sad)

The big doll was there for the attention. No idea why they let her become the alpha.

11 hours ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

@Beast @darksnowman @killthenet  @WackerJr

They've got applications open for season 2, let's get one of us in there

Let's get two of us in there for the season one bf/gf dynamic and breakfast table reveal. :D "I am 100% faithful and I know he can't be a traitor because we're from N-E and we've played mafia games!!"

Says you need up to six weeks availability for it. :( 

• Haha 2

On 06/03/2023 at 8:00 AM, darksnowman said:

Let's get two of us in there for the season one bf/gf dynamic and breakfast table reveal. :D "I am 100% faithful and I know he can't be a traitor because we're from N-E and we've played mafia games!!"

Says you need up to six weeks availability for it. :( 

I've submitted mine. Get your shit in gear guys :D

19 hours ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

I've submitted mine. Get your shit in gear guys :D

We're all penning our notice so we're freed up for six weeks...

I'd love to do it but unfortunately, I couldn't commit to six weeks! I'm gutted!

I haven't used any annual leave yet, I could stretch it out and have a teeny bit of unpaid leave. Got some time to save if I needed to tide myself over 😅

The Australian version has appeared on the iPlayer... Now to see how much it copies...

Sign in to follow this