NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ike

Nintendo Direct: The Super Mario Bros. Movie 2nd trailer - 29th November

30 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Watched the trailer again this morning, still amazing. 

Amused at the idea you might have watched it this morning and completely changed your mind. 

UK release seems to be 31st March.

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/the-mario-bros-movie-is-coming-to-europe-south-america-and-australia-before-the-us/

• Belgium – March 22
  • Switzerland – March 23
  • Austria – March 24
  • Sweden – March 24
  • France – March 29
  • Australia – March 30
  • Bolivia – March 30
  • Brazil – March 30
  • Central America – March 30
  • Chile – March 30
  • Colombia – March 30
  • Mexico – March 30
  • New Zealand – March 30
  • Paraguay – March 30
  • United Kingdom – March 30
  • Uruguay – March 30
  • Argentina – April 6
  • Ecuador – April 6
  • Italy – April 6
  • Peru – April 6
  • Venezuela – April 6
  • USA – April 7
  • Japan – April 27

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

Glad they re-designed Donkey Kong, I was never a fan of the Rare design. This version is much better.

Watched the trailer again this morning, still amazing. 

I mean, the eyes are different. I think the head shape is different as well?

It's not a massive redesign. In fact, I think it's a bit of a stretch to say it is a redesign, really. Other characters in the movie look more drastic in difference, honestly.

I prefer the current game one anyway.

Still digging it, looks solid. 

Surprised they left out Goombas, though. I would have expected them to include Goombas and make them like Minions. 

Just now, MindFreak said:

Surprised they left out Goombas, though. I would have expected them to include Goombas and make them like Minions. 

Don't tempt fate...

I imagine Koopas are easier to emote with, seeing as they, you know, have arms and legs.

28 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

I mean, the eyes are different. I think the head shape is different as well?

It's not a massive redesign. In fact, I think it's a bit of a stretch to say it is a redesign, really. Other characters in the movie look more drastic in difference, honestly.

I prefer the current game one anyway.

I think it's a redesign. Miyamoto himself called it out as a redesign. 

Just now, Cube said:

Did Terk from Disney's Tarzan murder DK and replace him? 

Yes! That's it! That's where I've seen that face before. I knew it reminded me of something. Thank you!

• Haha 1

He does look closer to the original design in fairness, but that design does make him look like he has about two brain cells. 

These comparisons do show how half-arsed Crisp Rat's work is, particularly when put next to the French. 

• Thanks 1

When compared directly like that he does seem a bit more flat than the other versions but who knows, maybe that gives a more pleasant viewing over the course or 90 minutes or more. 

2 hours ago, Ashley said:

These comparisons do show how half-arsed Crisp Rat's work is, particularly when put next to the French. 

I think they're all good, except maybe the very high pitched German one.

Tbh I thought Chris Pratt's Ah-ha-ha-haaa and Wahooo! were both pretty much spot on.

I think they were fine but putting it next to the French one just made it sound half-arsed. 

It does amuse me that his line from the first trailer has been cut in the cinema. I wonder if they're regretting the decision.

Im not sure on the DK redesign, it's ok and probably has broader general appeal but is disappointing for me. With the DKC trilogy being some of my favourite games on a Nintendo system, it has been exhausting all these years having different developers shun so many aspects of the OG trilogy (Kremlins, animal buddies, extended Kong family) and now the design of DK himself.

But whatever, the trailer was great, and it's awesome to see the wider Mario universe acknowledged, such as Mario Kart. Chris Pratt seems better too, his normal talking voice is still meh, but I thought he nailed some parts, especially the "yahoo!"

Also nice to see some of the aforementioned wider Kong family, even if they do only end up being background cameos! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ashley said:

It does amuse me that his line from the first trailer has been cut in the cinema. I wonder if they're regretting the decision

It has? The one with Mushroom Kingdom, here we come? 

17 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

It has? The one with Mushroom Kingdom, here we come? 

Yeah. 

And going back to an earlier point I realised something; I imagine we'll get the final trailer on March 10th. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 30/11/2022 at 9:39 AM, Ronnie said:

Glad they re-designed Donkey Kong, I was never a fan of the Rare design. This version is much better.

Dude. Dude. Dude. Where's this come from? :( Your homework for the weekend is to rewatch the DKC behind-the-scenes tape, reread the Summer '95 Jungle Action Special mag (and do the drawings), then do a 101% file of DKC. If I need to prop your eyes open with matchsticks it can be arranged.

On 30/11/2022 at 8:29 PM, Josh64 said:

Im not sure on the DK redesign, it's ok and probably has broader general appeal but is disappointing for me. With the DKC trilogy being some of my favourite games on a Nintendo system, it has been exhausting all these years having different developers shun so many aspects of the OG trilogy (Kremlins, animal buddies, extended Kong family) and now the design of DK himself.

Also nice to see some of the aforementioned wider Kong family, even if they do only end up being background cameos! 

Wholeheartedly agree. :heart:

Bar that I'm okay with the look for the film since other characters have been tweaked too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Some more footage doing rounds on YouTube, going to put this one in spoilers for those who don't want to see more:

Spoiler

It's cool to see they really take bits from a lot of different Mario games. Shy Guy, Snifit and Brambal being there is pretty nice!

A clip of the movie was shown at the Game awards last night:

Edited by Helmsly
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Fantastic. Looks stunning. They've made Mario very endearing (not that he wasn't in the games obv)

8 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

not that he wasn't in the games obv

I'd question that assertion

mario-penguin.gif

• Haha 1

tumblr_n9p2dfdvTh1qjztgpo1_400.gifv

I always found Mario just ripping the tentacles off to be rather violent. "Nintendo is for kids" indeed.

Sign in to follow this