NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Fierce_LiNk

The Woooooorld Cuuuuup

This is stressful :laughing:

Would've loved for it to finish with that Messi strike, just needed to hit one of the top corners, but what a save by Lloris. So end-to-end. Di Maria being subbed off and not going to 5 at the back with that change was a big mistake. 

Fun, but a very stressful watch. Swear my neighbours think I'm Argentinian after this WC with all the screaming I've been doing during their matches :D (& considering that I've been mistaken for most South American nationalities, they genuinely just might)

Going to need a bypass after this lmao

You stupid stupid turtle, let him win it

I can't do pens 

Edited by Julius

Absolutely insane. Mbappe doing everything he can to spoil the Messi party.

Messi to win it with a hat trick of his own?

What an insane match! Maybe the greatest WC final of all time?

Can't believe Messi finally won it, the madman. Definitely the greatest player of all time.

The. Beautiful. Game. 

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952d2a21144942aa4d7a

Greatest World Cup final in my lifetime, possibly ever, and a trophy won at last by the greatest player of all time. 

I struggle to see this as a loss for France.

They fought hard, Mbappé gave possibly the best individual performance of a final ever (I'm talking across all team sports here, that was Michael Jordan levels of individual brilliance in a football final) to drag them back into it not only once, but really they gave Messi the send-off he deserved.

This is simply a win for football. 

The. Beautiful. Game. 

@Hero-of-Time @drahkon pokemon-sadism.gif

Edited by Julius
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Mate just pointed out that a 27 year old Mbappé will feature at the 2026 World Cup. I'm 4 days younger than Mbappé. Please send help. 

Also, my neighbours 100% think I'm Argentinian now. Screamed the place down and almost moved to tears by this match. Given my sister the heads-up that if anyone asks if we're Argentinian to just say "Sí", nod and move on :laughing:

• Haha 2

Mate just pointed out that a 27 year old Mbappé will feature at the 2026 World Cup. I'm 4 days younger than Mbappé. Please send help. 

Also, my neighbours 100% think I'm Argentinian now. Screamed the place down and almost moved to tears by this match. Given my sister the heads-up that if anyone asks if we're Argentinian to just say "Sí", nod and move on :laughing:

Tbf you could just hate the French. There are quite a few countries around the world that would apply to..

• Haha 1

By the end, I was rooting for Argentina.

Congrats for the hard-earned victory. Can't say I expected them to win it at the beginning (I thought for sure one of Brazil or France would take it), so well done for being a favourite and underdog simultaneously.

Sign in to follow this