NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Fierce_LiNk

The Woooooorld Cuuuuup

Just now, Fierce_LiNk said:

This England/Wales match has been shit. 

Standard.

I'm more interested in the Iran v USA match. Would love to see the Iranians do them over.

Just now, Hero-of-Time said:

Standard.

I'm more interested in the Iran v USA match. Would love to see the Iranians do them over.

I'm doing my school reports, it's been that shit.

• Haha 1

Gutted, Wales. England scored more goals than I think Wales made passes in that one. 

Get in there, Rashford! Glad to see him at his best.

Wanted Iran to win as I have them in a sweepstake. Ah well. I have Belgium too and they're not giving me much hope either with how they're playing!

Luckily I have France in another, who actually are a decent bet.

10 hours ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

Gutted, Wales. England scored more goals than I think Wales made passes in that one. 

Get in there, Rashford! Glad to see him at his best.

Wales were really poor but then I think they have been the whole tournament. 

It was nice to see some goals in the second half and was happy to see Foden get one of them. I don't particularly like the guy but there is no denying the form he has been in for City. It's baffling that he didn't get to play until now.

8 hours ago, Mr-Paul said:

Wanted Iran to win as I have them in a sweepstake.

I was gutted they didn't get through. I was hoping they would win and kick the Yanks out of the competition. :p 

What a crazy night of football. Germany win 4-2 but are still out and Japan do over Spain to top the group. 

For a crazy 2 minutes (during which i happened to check the scores on my phone), both Germany and Spain were going out! Bizarrely, Germany scoring put Spain through.

2w3dmmoloc3a1.png

Man, this was quite the matchday! It's almost impossible to make a joke about Germany boycotting Qatar.

• Haha 1

On 01/12/2022 at 11:42 PM, Jonnas said:

2w3dmmoloc3a1.png

Man, this was quite the matchday! It's almost impossible to make a joke about Germany boycotting Qatar.

That short little period of time after 70 minutes when both Spain and Germany were being eliminated was a real WOW sort of moment for me and probably the first little spark I've really felt for this World Cup.

Hopefully there's still some fun to come in the knockout stages :hehe:

Nervy first half for us until Hendo provided the goods. Even though we got a second, I'm still nervous Senegal will get back into the game.

So happy Spain lost, they were shit. Had over 1,000 passes but still couldn’t create any clear cut chances. Morocco deserved that!

Can’t see Morocco repeating that against Portugal, who are 2-0 up at half time, though. So if England can get past France (very big if) I would expect them to beat Portugal as well. 

Holy shit, what is this? I knew C.Ronaldo was holding us down, but I didn't expect to be proven right so thoroughly! Feeling optimistic about our chances.

Just now, Eddage said:

So happy Spain lost, they were shit.

I'm happy with the result, but not because of Spain (I'd be more than happy to see this Portuguese squad wreck Spain the way we just saw), I'm actually really happy for Morocco, who have beaten the odds to make it farther than they ever have. Shame they're going against us now, that only one of Morocco or Portugal can make the Final 4.

Anyway, good luck against France, that's going to be a tough match.

hehehehe-lizard.gif

23 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

So happy Brazil are Neymar is out.

Fixed it :p 

It's a shame I'm not watching this tourney. Lots of awesome results :D 

Edited by drahkon

England match is 3am here, after the performance against the US, I did not watch the match Vs Wales. I'm tempted to get up, but only because the next day is Sunday and I can have a lie-in.

Fully deserved! Morocco were fantastic from the first to last minute. The Switzerland result was a bit of a red herring as the Swiss were atrocious that night.

God bless the cameraman following Ronaldo down the tunnel crying like the petulant baby he is. As ever he has no respect for anyone else, he's meant to be his nation's captain but he doesn't stay on the pitch to console his team mates or thank the supporters.

I am a Manchester United fan, he was certain to be a club legend forever but he threw that away just because he wasn't getting the playing time he wanted and couldn't face the fact that he is no longer the player he once was. I have never enjoyed watching someone cry as much as that. An incredible career is going down in flames :laughing:

• Like 1

Kane bottled it. :laughing: To be fair, the whole team did. France were there for the taking and in true England fashion they crumbled.

How about that ref though? :D

I think it's a bit unfair to say that the whole England team bottled it, they were the better team on balance of play - and it was just an unfortunate miss from the spot that stopped them from taking it to extra time. 

France weren't exactly convincing though, don't really deserve to go through but that's football - hopefully Morocco can keep the run going in the semi final and knock them out. 

10 minutes ago, killthenet said:

I think it's a bit unfair to say that the whole England team bottled it, they were the better team on balance of play - and it was just an unfortunate miss from the spot that stopped them from taking it to extra time. 

The fact that we needed two pens to take it to extra time speaks volumes about our quality. France weren't at their best at all and yet we still couldn't score. They had very few chances but were clinical with the ones they had.

One of my mates is fuming over the result. Me? I'm not even mad in the slightest. I've seen England play in far too many competitions over the years and always know what to expect. :laughing:

47 minutes ago, killthenet said:

I think it's a bit unfair to say that the whole England team bottled it

Absolutely. Ridiculous thing to say.

Sign in to follow this