NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Glen-i

N-E Online Mario Parties (Week 27 - Waluigi's Island - MP3)

THE CURSE HAS BEEN LIFTED!!!

Through pure skill and nothing else!

90e.gif

An appropriate summary of this week

Edited by Dcubed
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the games. :D

Yep... standard Mario Party 2. It was good to see Wario win for a change, especially as it fitted well with the ending.

I reckon we should have Mario Party 3 available soon, before this month is out, it might as well be released to complete the set, even if the rest of the planned N64 NSO EP games aren't out for a while.

Here's a link to this week's stream... :peace:

custom-4ba1e4d7-7068-4bd6-97a6-975fc26e48e8-640x360.jpeg

Mario Party 2 on the Nintendo Switch Online Expansion Pack - N-Europe Multiplayer (24/02/2023)

Edited by S.C.G
  • Thanks 2

I'll also like to mention that I think the Koopa that runs the bank was a winner in that game too. He made off with like 50+ coins of ours in the end didn't he?

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

I'll also like to mention that I think the Koopa that runs the bank was a winner in that game too. He made off with like 50+ coins of ours in the end didn't he?

Yup.  Dude made out like a bandit.  And that was after he paid out 25 coins earlier!

And you call me a robber! He was the real MVP of last night.

Edited by Dcubed
  • Haha 1

Horror Land

HorrorLand_MP2.png

After that surprisingly Wario Land-esque ending, we're moving on to Horror Land. Why is it so horrifying? Eh, a Wizard Bowser probably did it.

This board is so good, Mario Party 6 nicked it's defining feature and used it on all of the boards there. Said defining feature is the time of day changing every 2 turns. A lot of things change depending on whether it's daytime or nightime, so some forward planning is required. Of note is the 5(!?) Boo spaces! Although, they aren't all available at once due to the day/night cycle. This board is complex.

What's with that big statue in the top right corner though? You'll need a lot of luck, and a Skeleton Key, to utilise that thing...

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

@Dcubed didn't deserve it.

totally agree! No stars throughout the game and gets all the pity stars at the end there. Can you tell I'm still annoyed lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BowserBasher said:

If we have a repeat of last week I'm rioting!

Well you got your wish.  Thanks a lot!

BTW, 5 Boos on the board and not a single star stolen! Of all the boards for it not to happen on!

• Haha 1

Pretty good game in the end, those last turns could have been so different. Will we ever know why @S.C.G took the eyeball warp instead of going for the star and a battle game against me.

• Haha 2

Well... that happened.

Roll on Mario Party 3 for next week, I know we've already had Metroid Fusion, but due to it being 'MAR10' next week, there's surely a chance for an "early" Mario Party 3 release?

Or we really are only getting one N64 game every second full moon, in a month ending in either "y" or "er" or... no idea, who knows? ::shrug:

Mario Party 2 on the Nintendo Switch Online Expansion Pack - N-Europe Multiplayer (03/03/2023)

• Thanks 3

I loved that nearing the end of this one we all just pretty much teamed up to screw @Dcubed and @Glen-i who had the most coins when we could. Even they screwed each other over in Toads Bandstand. 

• Haha 2

Bit late, but...

FqU0NGMaEAAcFuk?format=jpg&name=large

On 04/03/2023 at 11:14 AM, BowserBasher said:

I loved that nearing the end of this one we all just pretty much teamed up to screw @Dcubed and @Glen-i who had the most coins when we could. Even they screwed each other over in Toads Bandstand. 

• Haha 2

Bowser Land

Bowser_Land_map.png

Guys! It was Bowser all along! What a shocking twist!

Mario Party 2's final board is here and much like the Bowser themed one from the first game, can be pretty rough.

The various structures function differently then what we're used to. The Bank works in reverse, giving you 5 coins whenever you pass the bank space. Sweet!
Huh? What happens if you land on the bank space? Uhhh... Best not land on the bank space, trust me on this.

The Item Shop at the top right kinda blows, you're forced to buy an item at a marked up price, even if you don't want it. Think carefully before passing it.
The one on the bottom left functions like normal.

The real thing to watch out for is the Bowser Parade, which happens every five turns, it starts at the top of the board and follows the direction of the footprints as it moves towards the start. Anyone in the way will be taken with it and lose 2 coins for every space they travel.
That... is pretty brutal, so always be aware of which way the Bowser Parade will go, as there are ways to dictate the direction it travels.

Our session will be on Friday at 8pm.

• Thanks 2

Sorry, @S.C.G.  It had to be done...

680.gif

An appropriate summary of this week

At least @Glen-i came last though... that makes everything right in the world at least :)

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Yep, Wario wins by a shakedown... not for the first time, and it surely won't be the last. :p

Calling it... Mario Party 3 will drop next Thursday, because while Metroid Fusion on the GBA is a fantastic single player game, Mario Party 3 would add another multiplayer game to NSO EP, and at this point NIntendo might as well get the N64 games they've announced so far out in a reasonable time while Switch owners are using the service more than ever.

Mario Party 2 on the Nintendo Switch Online Expansion Pack - N-Europe Multiplayer (10/03/2023)

Uhhhh yeah. Kinda forgot to take a screenshot of the final results. Woops. Luckily...

FeMzAuR.png

(Cheers for the save, @S.C.G)

Got a lot of clips this time, it was a great finale!

donotwant-dwight.gif

Disgusting @Dcubed, I'm sure everyone on this entire site will back me up that I was warranted to make the Bowser Parade go in your direction afterwards!

Edited by Glen-i
  • Haha 3

Oh, BTW. I fibbed...

Mini-Game Trial

No picture is available of this board, I'm afraid. But if you remember Mini-Game Stadium from the first game, then you'll get what's going on here.

There are no Stars, victory is purely determined by your coin count, which you will mostly get from mini-games. Blue spaces and red spaces have no effect on your coins, but you get an extra 10 coins from completing a lap. Instead of the single player game spaces, there are 2 Battle Spaces, and I'm sure we all know by now how much influence those have!

I'll have to get back to you for when we'll be able to play next.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 3

It’ll have to be either Thursday 16th, Friday 24th or Thursday 30th.  I have nothing else available for the rest of the month now (unless maybe you’d want to do a Wednesday? In which case 15th or 29th are also options).

Here’s a crappy screenshot of the Minigame Trial board so you have an idea of what you’re in for…

Mini-Game_Trial_Action.png
Just imagine this but with more Battle Spaces…

Edited by Dcubed
  • Thanks 1

That game of Bowser, Mario, Peach was epic. I can't remember how many rounds it was but to go that long in such a simple game was amazing. Neither of us would pick Mario which would have ended the game a lot sooner. And so many picks of Bowser, you'd think one of us would have learnt sooner. However, I lost to @Glen-i in the end. I thought I remember winning it, Maybe that was another game.

OK it's at the 57 minute mark in Sam's stream. 7 rounds.

Edited by BowserBasher
  • Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

That game of Bowser, Mario, Peach was epic. I can't remember how many rounds it was but to go that long in such a simple game was amazing. Neither of us would pick Mario which would have ended the game a lot sooner. And so many picks of Bowser, you'd think one of us would have learnt sooner. However, I lost to @Glen-i in the end. I thought I remember winning it, Maybe that was another game.

OK it's at the 57 minute mark in Sam's stream. 7 rounds.

Yeah, you beat me the second time we dueled. No ties in that one, so it's not as funny.

That said, you gave me the idea of nabbing the final results screenshot from the stream, so I'm gonna quickly do that.

Anyway, Mini-Game Trial isn't as long as normal boards, even at 20 turns, so after Mario Kart next Thursday seems like the best time to go.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Uhhhh yeah. Kinda forgot to take a screenshot of the final results. Woops. Luckily...

(Cheers for the save, @S.C.G)

No worries, this is mostly why I stream so that there's a record of the gameplay... it's not for the view numbers :p though peoples witness is always appreciated.

5 hours ago, Dcubed said:

It’ll have to be either Thursday 16th, Friday 24th or Thursday 30th.  I have nothing else available for the rest of the month now (unless maybe you’d want to do a Wednesday? In which case 15th or 29th are also options).

All of those dates would be fine, Thursday and Friday is always ok for N-E Multiplayer, not so much Wednesday though, as I play PSO on Tues/Weds now.

3 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Yeah, you beat me the second time we dueled. No ties in that one, so it's not as funny.

That said, you gave me the idea of nabbing the final results screenshot from the stream, so I'm gonna quickly do that.

Anyway, Mini-Game Trial isn't as long as normal boards, even at 20 turns, so after Mario Kart next Thursday seems like the best time to go.

Those 'janken' matches were amusing, I liked the contrast between the seven(?) rounds of the first match, and the one round of the second.

Yep, if anyone wants to take screens of the streams, go for it, it's useful for that, and the quality seems to be reasonable enough on Switch games.

Yeah, next Thursday, after Mario Kart will work. Being that we finish at around 9pm, we should be able to start Mario Party 2 at around 9:15pm or before, will probably just need a few minutes to change the stream title etc, and have a brief break.

And if Mario Party 3 does drop next week... then, we'll be set for the week after at least.

Edited by S.C.G
  • Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this