NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dufniall

Indie World Showcase (November 9 18:00 CET)

Do we have to ask for Hollow Knight Silksong again? Yes we do! Come on Team Cherry, it's bloody time!

Nearly four years after that announcement trailer. Getting a little silly now. But it probably won't show up, again.

The hype is... *chirp chirp chirp*

Some decent titles, I think ONI and Have a Nice Death stood out for me. Fun to see a Dutch dev there with Once Upon a Jester. Plus we get an OCD simulator!

Yeah, plenty of interesting stuff in the Direct, but nothing mindblowing. The best announcements were pretty much just confirmations that certain games were coming to Switch as well.

• Space for the Unbound, Rogue Legacy 2, World of Horror, and Inscryption are all games I already had on other wishlists, so I'll be adding them on Switch as well.
    • Coffee Talk 2 was a nice surprise, because I have the first one wishlisted (played the Demo, too). I wonder if the developers plan on making this an episodic long-runner.
  • Have a Nice Death and Pepper Grinder look like fun action romps. Hadn't heard of the latter.
  • Venba, Goodbye World, Desta, Storyteller, and Curse of the Sea Rats look to be interesting unique titles, I'm always on the lookout for those.
  • ONI, Blanc, and maaaybe Dordogne seemed to be the only Adventure-focused games to catch my eye.

At least there was no over-representation of a single genre.

Not enough cats in my opinion. 

But an interesting array of styles and ideas. None I'll pick up but that's because I barely play games anymore. 

That was one of the best Indie Showcases in a while. I'd happily given most of those game a try. Tons of creativity and some really original concepts. Have a Nice Death, Pepper Grinder and A Little to the Left in particular look great, and Sports Story was a nice one to end on. Good to finally get a release date, looks fantastic.

Good presentation format too as usual, snappy but still gave indie studios their time in the spotlight. 

Edited by Ronnie

I thought it was a good show, there were plenty of interesting new announcements but for once they actually gave us updates on games they've shown before - was good to see Blanc, Sports Story and A Little To The Left get release dates. Of the new ones I think I'm most likely to pick up Denba, Dordogne and Pepper Grinder, while World of Horror looked pretty mad so I'll definitely keep an eye on that. 

Sign in to follow this