NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Kirby's Return to Dreamland Deluxe (24th Feb 2023)

Still sticking with the N64 style Dedede, huh? Still weirds me out.

A new ability is cool though. More then I'd expect. Anyway, this is a great Kirby game, anyone who skipped it should remedy that.

3 minutes ago, killthenet said:

Was Return to Dreamland a brand new game for the Wii or was it a remake of an earlier entry?

Brand new game, despite being called Kirby's Adventure Wii over here.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, killthenet said:

Sweet, will definitely pick this up when it comes out 

It's honestly up there with Planet Robobot as one of the best Kirby titles.

That trailer makes me laugh though. "And now, everyone can play as Kirby!" That's not a new feature, that was in the original game!

Not watched (I'm currently traveling back from Spain) but I do hope the trailer promoted the fact you heal your friends by kissing. It's a key feature. 

YES!!! The best Kirby game gets sweet treatment! GIMME! :D

Cant wait to hear what they do with C.R.O.W.N.E.D :bouncy:

For anyone looking to purchase the physical version of Kirby's Return to Dreamland Deluxe..

On eBay, voucher code JOY15 which you can enter at the checkout for 15% off, Videogames are included, select sellers only, one of which is thegamecollectionoutlet, they have the game for sale at £46.95 but with the code it makes the price £39.91 which seems to be a good price for the physical version, it's even cheaper than digital.

18 copies currently sold, seemingly 32 copies left, the usual fifty copies of the game allocated to the outlet specifically for this offer.

Voucher code expires 28/02/2023 at just before midnight.

I got the game yesterday and am about halfway through world 2. It's actually quite fun and fast. Not hard but is a bit more difficult than I expected at first. 

My son tried it this morning. He had the Magalor helping system on which prevents you from falling down and doubles your health. With that, he was able to complete some levels completely on his own. He's 5. He found it really fun. 

Edited by MindFreak
  • Thanks 1

kirbysreturntodreamlanddeluxelaunchtrailerbanner.620x0.webp

Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe Launch Trailer

Now up on the main page.

- - - - -

I bought the physical version of this, I'm not sure how many other people will be buying this remake, though being that it seems to be doing rather well in the reviews, I'd imagine quite a few, and it would seem to be a title which is well-suited to online multiplayer, so perhaps another potential game for an N-E game night?

I know @Dcubed , @Glen-i and @Ugh first aid will quite possibly be buying and playing it, but you already have three players locally, and I'd have thought you'd get a lot of mileage out of the same copy of the game in that case.

But anyway, if there's enough of us with copies of the game, and enough interest, then perhaps this could be another online game to try out.

5 hours ago, S.C.G said:

But anyway, if there's enough of us with copies of the game, and enough interest, then perhaps this could be another online game to try out.

I'm not entirely sure the main game has an online feature. Just a few of the minigames.

5 hours ago, Glen-i said:

I'm not entirely sure the main game has an online feature. Just a few of the minigames.

Oh wow... I naturally thought a game like this would be a perfect fit.

Oh well, maybe we'll play some of the minigames as an after-game then.

So soon, we'll have Kibry: Nightmare in Dreamland on the GBA NSO EP service, which will presumably have online multiplayer for the whole (originally local multiplayer) game, yet no online multiplayer for this latest remake... I mean, the game seemed perfect for drop-in, drop-out multiplayer, then if anyone disconnects, the game just goes back to Single Player with CPU for whoever disconnects, and the CPU would take over from whoever gets disconnected, with the potential for anyone else to just drop in and claim their place again.

That's how I thought it would work... oh well, I'm still looking forward to the game, and I'm sure it's great in local multiplayer, but a missed opportunity for a game like this.

Yeah... I just checked, it looks like any 'online multiplayer' functionality isn't real-time, it just takes stats from others on your friends list, and other similar functionality.

Edited by S.C.G

When you first start the game, it kind of aggressively wants you to start an online subscription and it makes it seem that if you don't, you won't be able to play the game at all - selecting cancel then just tells you that you can't see friends' high-scores etc. and starts the game. That wasn't so user-friendly. 

Other than that, it's a good game. Nothing great but it's fun to play for an hour or two, and do that three or four times and you are finished... I'm about halfway through with about 3 hours on the clock. Haven't touched the multiplayer-games yet, though.

• Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this