NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Pikmin 4

Just now, drahkon said:

All this time spent on a T-shirt :nono:  :p 

It was a nice t-shirt though. :D 

Very strange announcement from Nintendo. Usually they have something to show rather than just a title screen and a couple of images.

Just now, Hero-of-Time said:

Usually they have something to show rather than just a title screen and a couple of images.

Prime 4 says hello :p 

It was a pretty weird re-announcement. Good for those who want a new Pikmin game, though.

Just now, Hero-of-Time said:

It was a nice t-shirt though. :D 

Agreed :D 

There were a few announcements which seemed to be there to appease the market, or to effectively ask people to stop asking about a game, and that it really is being developed!

I couldn’t tell if that was joy or sarcasm from Miyamoto when he revealed that t-shirt. Either way, it made me chuckle!

• Like 1

Just a few days ago I finally put the idea of Pikmin 4 to rest when discussing it with my friend. It's been so many years, it is clearly not gonna happen! It was a mis-translation! He was clearly on about Hey Pikmin!

Then here we are. Nintendo are so unpredictable. I was certain this was either cancelled or never existed in the first place. Either way, exciting! Wish they'd have shown a little more but from the bits we did see the graphics have had a big bump since 3, which I guess is to be expected given that started life as a Wii game, but still impressive. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ike said:

Pik. Min. Fouuuur!

In Danish, Pik means dick, min means mine. It was never a good title for a game in Danish.

• Like 1

Do you guys think there is any chance Nintendo release the first two Pikmin games on Switch before the new one comes out?

I've never completed any of them but would like to play through the series, would be nice to be able to do that on Switch rather than setting up my Wii to play those versions

24 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

In Danish, Pik means dick, min means mine. It was never a good title for a game in Danish.

It's a shame it wasn't published by Sega. Danish Italians would have had a field day. 

• Like 1

Just now, killthenet said:

Do you guys think there is any chance Nintendo release the first two Pikmin games on Switch before the new one comes out?

I've never completed any of them but would like to play through the series, would be nice to be able to do that on Switch rather than setting up my Wii to play those versions

There is always "a chance", but I'm not going to say it's likely (I mean, is the Gamecube NSO in the works or not?). A shame, because I'd love to play Pikmin 2 as well.

Miyamoto is a liar.  This game does not exist.  I refuse to believe it’s real.

Edited by Dcubed

On 14/09/2022 at 8:51 AM, Dcubed said:

Miyamoto is a liar.  This game does not exist.  I refuse to believe it’s real.

*Pokes*

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That trailer has actually got me wanting the game now. I loved the first one but never really got into any of the sequels. However this looks gorgeous and seems like it will be fun to play.

Really liking the new camera perspective, looks like the perfect summer game.

A new (short) trailer:

Really wonder what the plans are post-Pikmin...but for now, I'll say the customisation looks cool :D

Edited by Julius
  • Like 1

Not sure how Olimar is so beloved in the game universe given he's constantly crashing his ship. You'd think he'd be reprimanded by this point. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ashley said:

Not sure how Olimar is so beloved in the game universe given he's constantly crashing his ship. You'd think he'd be reprimanded by this point. 

Agreed.  Bring back Louie!

3 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Agreed.  Bring back Louie!

Didn't he literally steal food from a certain trio of space explorers and leave them to starve?

Olimar is bad at his job, Louie merely violated the Geneva Convention. 

• Haha 1

Louie is an actual monster and if he's one of the lost explorers again I will leave him for dead. 

The character customisation looks super cute and I can't wait! 

• Thanks 1

This is now up for preorder on Nintendo Store, you get a free phone holder with cute little pikmin around the base. and for an extra £5 (or around that you can get three keyring as extra gifts too.

I have gone for it. I think this is going to have a good feel to it and not be too much of a chore. I loved the first game.

• Like 1

Japanese Download Cards have been spotted, and there's some interesting tidbits that have been gleamed from them...

But what's more interesting than that info is a little Unreal Engine logo... Looks like the game is running on UE4!

To me? That means that there's a very good chance that the bulk of the programming work is being outsourced to an external studio; since Nintendo EPD have their own in-house tech that they exclusively use.

So the question then is, who is co-developing Pikmin 4?

My money is on Good Feel. They've been suspiciously quiet ever since they released Yoshi's Crafted World (UE4), with only Monkey Barrels (UE4) in 2019 to show for their work since then.
Always possible that it could also be Eighting, who worked on Pikmin 3 Deluxe, but I think it's more likely to be Good Feel.

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this