NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Theatrhythm: Final Bar Line

The third SaGa pack is out now. 3 songs each from Rommancing SaGa 2 and 3, and 1 song from Romancing SaGa Re;univerSe, which I had never heard of before today.
Seriously, what mega SaGa fan works at indiezero? That 1 song is new to Theatrhythm, BTW.

These are great songs, especially the ones from Romancing SaGa 3, that game goes proper hard with it's soundtrack!

• Thanks 1

Taking a break from the songs to get some series complete. Did FF 1 and FF10 last night. Defeting chaos was a chore. Was nice when i finally did it though.

I'll do the DLC songs tomorrow maybe. Always start with Basic then do it again in Pro.

It seems impressive, but for context, some psychopath at indieszero decided to have a feat (achievement) be to get 9.8 million points on this Supreme difficulty.

So yeah, it was perfect, but not quite perfect enough.

It's brutal.

Second Mana pack is out now. 3 songs each from Secret of Mana and Legend of Mana.

Legend of Mana is new to Theatrhythm, while "Danger" from Secret of Mana is also new. If you played SoM, and don't remember what Danger is, it's that absolutely panic inducing music that plays during boss fights. And it makes for a really funny song to play to.

Probably would've chosen the Title Theme myself, but eh.

Legend of Mana's music is OK, I guess. Doesn't really stand out, honestly.

Weird quirks, I noticed. "Into the Thick of It" is now a BMS instead of an FMS, and "Bejeweled City in Ruins" is the first DLC FMS to have a tailor made background. Which makes "Calling" not getting one all the weirder.

11 tracks from Final Fantasy XVI are being added on November 1st! 

aaaaaaaand I guess now I know when I'm going to be picking up a copy of Theatrhythm :laughing: all absolute banger tracks, some of my favourites from the game made it in, so if your ears haven't yet been blessed with the sounds of XVI's soundtrack, buckle up: because they're about to be! :D

2 hours ago, Julius said:

aaaaaaaand I guess now I know when I'm going to be picking up a copy of Theatrhythm :laughing: 

Dude, the sheer volume of games in Theatrhythm wasn't enough already!? Because mate, the game has the likes of Mystic Quest, all 14 good soundtracks from mainline FF (No, not you FF 13. 2 songs repeated ad nauseum does not a good soundtrack make), Tactics, Dissidia, all the sequels, and that's just the base game!

Get the DLC, and you get some really cool remixes of FF songs, and a ridiculous amount of songs from other Square games. (Chrono Trigger, Nier, about 10 Romancing Saga games, and Octopath Traveler, to name just a few).

The game is stupid good value, even with the Deluxe Edition.

Anyway, nice to see one of my predictions was spot on. Pity Octopath 2 didn't make the cut.

Weirdly, they initially advertised this last pack as containing 8 songs, so I'm OK with 3 songs I didn't sign up for.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1

Xenogears pack is out now. 2 new songs, and 1 that was in Curtain Call.

It's fine, weird there's only 3 songs, but they're decent songs. Soaring's background doesn't look incredibly dumb anymore. Not sure if that's an improvement.

The Bravely Default Pack is out now. The 4 songs from Bravely Default were in Curtain Call, while the two from BD II are new.

I already made my thoughts clear on the previous page about the song selection. It's an excellent selection, but I can't help but feel this is a series that could've done with a second pack to cover Bravely Second, and more of BD II...

Ah well, "That of the Name" is balls to the wall hard on Ultimate!

This is odd.

The first game's songs are there, but then it just skips straight to Octopath...

Gonna have to assume it's an oversight.

Bravely Default II songs are still not in the music player...

Final Fantasy XVI songs are available now.

Is it just me, or can I feel @Julius watching this thread like a hawk?

First of all...

F98bmJoagAADwLH?format=jpg&name=large

It's got it's own dedicated section, instead of being in the "Square Enix Titles" folder. That's nice, feels more natural. And that folder is at 87 songs now, don't need another 11 making it more unwieldly. BTW, Theatrhythm has now got 505 different playable songs, which is absolutely bonkers!

EDIT: Actually, it's 507. I just realised that, for some reason, "Hollow" from FF7R, and "Kiss Me Goodbye" from FF12 are also missing from the music player. Which makes me think BDII being absent from the music player isn't an accident...

Anyway, FF XVI? More like "FF Choir Edition", am I right?
Holy crap, "Ascension" is so good though! Easily the best song in this set!
Other stand out songs for me are "Away", "To Sail Forbidden Seas", and "Find the Flame"
"Titan Lost" is a genre shift so sharp, that I'd believe you if you told me it was a Final Fantasy XIV song that got lost and ended up in the wrong game. I dig it.
"Hide, Hideaway" is a bit too chill for my liking. Granted, I've only heard these songs in the context of a rhythm game.

Very solid pack to end on. But it's a pity they didn't add whoever that dude is as a party member. Feels weird for this game to get it's own folder, but be the only FF game to not have a character.

Now give me a season of Pixel Remaster songs, more Bravely games, and Octopath Traveler II. Then it'll be perfect.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 2

Saw this DLC was downloaded yesterday. I'll load it up tomorrow and play through a couple songs or so. Still working my way through FFX on expert but i keep screwing up on Blitz Off. buttons follow a wierd rythem.

Got my first *9 characters in this. Onion Knight, Zack, Snow and Cloud of Darkness. I'll let another group grow now and maybe tackle some of the remaining quests. Such a hard to game to come off once I fire it up. :yay: 

So yeah, had a bit of a panic this morning. Game wouldn't boot up. Luckily, @Dcubed quickly told me it's not just a "me" problem.

Didn't think that birthday thing would cause a problem, but here we are.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Haha 1

Sign in to follow this