NEurope
Ronnie

NINTENDO DIRECT (13/09/22, 3pm UK time - not released until 4pm in UK)

What was hilarious about the Metroid symbol was that it had P1 (player 1) next to it. Metroid Prime 1 remaster....they are on to us.

6 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

What was hilarious about the Metroid symbol was that it had P1 (player 1) next to it. Metroid Prime 1 remaster....they are on to us.

Except that that's been the profile icon they use in every single NSO trailer?

It's nothing.

1 minute ago, Glen-i said:

Except that that's been the profile icon they use in every single NSO trailer?

It's nothing.

IT'S EVERYTHING!!!

Wow another Fire Emblem game eh. Directs these last couple of years feel like 75% FE or anime RPGs. This one especially was filled with the latter, it was getting ridiculous imo.

Massively hyped for Pikmin 4 though, and obviously Tears of the Kingdom!

21 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

@RedShell interested in it? Seems like your quirky kinda game.

Well, it was the only thing that got any sort of reaction from me during the entire direct (mainly because at first I thought it might’ve been a port/sequel of the PS4 FotNS game) but no… probably not. :heh: 

Yeah, I was massively disappointed by that Direct. :blank: 
What’s with all these bloody farming games!? :laughing:

Either I’m just completely jaded when it comes to Nintendo now, or they simply don’t cater to long-time fans like me anymore. ::shrug:

The only game that remains on my radar for Switch is Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom.

Bayonetta 3 would’ve been too, but it’ll probably end up on PC at some point, in which case I’ll play it there.

It’s cool that those Resident Evil games are heading to Switch (albeit in cloud form) for anyone that hasn’t played them before. I recently picked up the entire series on PC via Humble Bundle so I’m all set for a Resi marathon over Halloween. :D

I guess GoldenEye is a pretty big deal too (although not exactly a surprise) but I’ve already played it to death. I’d also be more interested in the Game Pass version seeing as that one will at least be somewhat improved over the original performance wise.

Anyway, happy for anyone that enjoyed that direct, but for me it was actually one of the worst ever. :( At this rate it’s going to take an absolute miracle for Nintendo to get me on board for any of their future hardware. :hmm:

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Bayonetta 3 would’ve been too, but it’ll probably end up on PC at some point, in which case I’ll play it there.

Uhhhh... Isn't that funded by Nintendo? You know, like Bayo 2? I wouldn't get your hopes up there.

3 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Uhhhh... Isn't that funded by Nintendo? You know, like Bayo 2? I wouldn't get your hopes up there.

Oh yeah, forgot about that little detail. :blush::heh:

This past year I've loved the recent 3D Kirby, and Metroid Dread and future-wise will pick up Splatoon 3 at some point + really excited for Mario + Rabbids, Pikmin 4 and obviously Zelda... but I do kind of feel like they're lacking in their action/adventure game category. Ok five of the above are + Bayonetta, but I dunno, it feels a lot of their Directs lately are RPG or Fire Emblem-heavy. Maybe that's just the impression I get because I'm not into FE/Xenoblade/most of what Square Enix puts out.

Was only a few titles of interest on the Direct for me.  A new Splatfest coming end of the month, i'm in for that one.  Interested in replaying Kirby's Return to Dreamland when it comes to Switch.  Definetly getting the new Zelda when it comes out next year also, and have a soft spot for Pikmin.

However, the rest didn't really pique my interest.  Lot of farming sims, lot of RPG/JRPG reveals.  I know many who are into the RPG side of things, so this would have been a great Direct for them.