NEurope
Ronnie

NINTENDO DIRECT (13/09/22, 3pm UK time - not released until 4pm in UK)

20 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Spirit Tracks remake confirmed!

Joking aside, I wonder if we'll ever see a Phantom Hourglass & Spirit Tracks remake/port. Considering how tied to the touchscreen they were. Unless they completely reworked the games 

48 minutes ago, Ike said:

Joking aside, I wonder if we'll ever see a Phantom Hourglass & Spirit Tracks remake/port. Considering how tied to the touchscreen they were. Unless they completely reworked the games 

Worth noting that both games got a Wii U VC release.  I wouldn’t count on a remake coming soon.

If a Metroid Prime/Prime Trilogy HD port/remake with dual analogue controls is announced, then I'll be happy with this direct.

If they somehow announce a Zelda remaster/remake that isn't Wind Waker/Twilight Princess, then that would be amazing. 

I reckon they'll really annoy me by announcing Switch-only Breath of the Wild DLC that heavily ties into the new game. 

This is the closet we are getting to an E3 presentation. That being the case, it's time to unleash the penguins.

Awesome Animated Penguin Gifs

Retro Link would be proud. :D 

1 minute ago, killthenet said:

Fitness Boxing Fist of the North Star is an early GOTY 2023 contender 

@RedShell interested in it? Seems like your quirky kinda game.

1 minute ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Man, that N64 lineup is amazing! 

They're still too cowardly to release Wetrix though

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

For a Direct that's supposed to be focusing on 2022 releases there have been an awful lot of 2023 announcements. 

Wonder how much money Miyamoto has embezzled through Pikmin 4's protracted development - I still think it's vapourware. 

Just now, drahkon said:

Is the Direct announcer voice the guy from Honest Trailers?

Haha. I was thinking the same thing. The Resident Evil trailers certainly sounded like him.

Still no Wind Waker, Twilight Princess or Metroid Prime remake. Hilarious. Those insiders are in for a grilling. :D 

Prime 4 has to be a Switch 2 launch game at this point.

14 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

The Resident Evil trailers certainly sounded like him.

Yes, exactly what I thought :D 

5 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Prime 4 has to be a Switch 2 Pro launch game at this point.

Fixed it for you :p 

• Haha 1

I have to admit, there was a split second of terror when the date for Zelda showed up - it took my brain a little while to realise it was May 12th and not December 5th. 

They really didn't show very much of it but at least we know it isn't too far off now

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Still no Wind Waker, Twilight Princess or Metroid Prime remake. Hilarious. Those insiders are in for a grilling. :D 

Prime 4 has to be a Switch 2 launch game at this point.

I’d like to think it’ll make those leakers think twice before vying for attention in future, but I doubt it. 
Think you’ve got a good point there on Prime 4.

I think this was an excellent Direct with lots of games. Yeah, S-E RPGs and life Sims were aplenty but the other games revealed were interesting and varied as well. The pacing was fine, only the Pikmin Bloom part make me fast forward a bit. 

2 hours ago, killthenet said:

Fitness Boxing Fist of the North Star is an early GOTY 2023 contender 

2 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

@RedShell interested in it? Seems like your quirky kinda game.

Not watched the direct but presuming this is a new entry in the Fitness Boxing series and not just some random game with a similar name they're actually pretty good fitness games. 

3 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Not watched the direct but presuming this is a new entry in the Fitness Boxing series and not just some random game with a similar name they're actually pretty good fitness games. 

Yeah, it's a new entry but with a Fist of the North Star skin.

• Like 1

nintendodirect13092022roundupbanner.620x0.webp

Nintendo Direct 13/09/2022 Roundup

Full roundup, formatted press release and a link to the video.

- - - - -

Thoughts... Nice to finally see Radiant Silvergun on the Switch. ;)

Also, check out the main page, as @Josh64 has been doing an excellent job, keeping the site updated with news over the past few weeks. :peace:

I'll mainly be posting cut, paste & format 'press release' articles, such as this and the eShop catchup for the forseeable future.

Josh's articles have got some really interesting writeups in them though, the Sonic Frontiers article in particular. :smile:

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, WackerJr said:

As expected, Goldeneye is seeing a simultaneous release on both NSO and GamePass.

Bizarrely no online support for the Xbox version 

• Confused 2

23 hours ago, Jonnas said:

Right, so, predictions/wishes:

• Bayonetta 3 in-depth trailer;
  • Advance Wars gets a new release date at last;
  • A Switch title that's currently older than a year (except for Mario Kart) will suddenly get new DLC;
  • [EDIT]: Xenoblade 3 is getting DLC;
  • NSO gets Game Boy stuff;
  • No DLC whatsoever for FE Warriors;
  • Mario movie trailer;
  • A classic RPG will get remade;
  • At least one Gamecube game is coming to Switch;
  • Wario Land makes a comeback somehow;
  • "More Moles, More Mania" finally gets out of development hell. Possibly with a title that's strictly lamer than this.

Some of them are more plausible than others, as you see, but fuck it.

• Not that in-depth
  • No :(
  • Not this, either. Curious, I thought I'd have that one
  • Freebie, really
  • No :(
  • This one paid off
  • Miyamoto's such a tease
  • Tales of Symphonia Remaster almost counts, but it might be a straight port... But regardless, Rune Factory 3 surely counts
  • Tales of Symphonia Remaster definitely counts here
  • No :cry:
  • Got renamed to "Pikmin 4", obviously

(Incidentally, I legitimately almost put "New Pikmin content" as one of my predictions, but decided it was mutually exclusive with the Mario movie. Fuck, I should've gambled on that one)

As for individual opinions:

• Fire Emblem Engage was a surprise, as I didn't expect it to be real. I posted further thoughts on the appropriate thread;
  • It Takes Two is a great game to get :smile: I'll see if my girlfriend would be down for it;
  • Fist of the North Star was the most bonkers announcement :laughing: Oh, the concept;
  • Great to see Octopath 2. Haven't played the first one, though :heh: ;
  • Theatrhythm 3 was a rush of emotions. Hope to see some Chrono Cross songs there;
  • Holy shit, Goldeneye! Bombshell for sure;
  • Holy shit, Pikmin 4! All feels right;
  • Holy shit, Radiant Silvergun! Will we see more Saturn games in the future?;
  • Tales of Symhonia Remastered is the sort of thing I want to be excited for... for God's sake, Namco Tales division, put some effort into preserving the series for once!;
  • Tears of the Kingdom is a good name. Hilariously dark timing with the Queen's passing, though.

Overall, pretty cool Direct. Lots of 4 star announcements there. Odd pacing though, felt quite stop-and-go on the whole.

• Like 1

Well I enjoyed the Direct, sure a few more big things would have been nice but I've got enough to suit my gaming needs for now.

Fatal Frame 4 finally getting a release outside Japan. Even though I imported a Japanese Wii version and was a bad boy hacking my Wii to use the fan translation patch I look forward to playing again and officially this time 🙂

Octopath Traveller 2...wohooo

Goldeneye drop will likely be the one to tempt me to upgrade my NSO subscription.

Tales of Symphonia Remaster, while I am happy to see ToS getting more love, I am a little disappointed it is not a remake. While Arise graphics might be too much for the Switch I would have even be happy if they remade it in Zestrira style graphics....I'll probably still get it though l, ToS is one of my all time favs.

New Bayonetta trailer, I ignored as I am getting game anyway 🙂

Finally a full title for Zelda 😄 and a date (which I thought was 5 Dec 2023 for a moment then remembered I was watching the US stream) so I am happy with even just that much 🙂

No Metroid though, and when they dropped Goldeneye they had a Metroid symbol from the N64 Online UI which caught me for a moment 😠

ResiEvil remake cloud versions...meh