NEurope
Ronnie

NINTENDO DIRECT (13/09/22, 3pm UK time - not released until 4pm in UK)

But well, we can see the American version at 16.00. It probably won't be much of a difference except how dates are presented.

1 minute ago, Ike said:

At least post the UK tweet...

How bizarrely passive aggressive. :confused:

4 minutes ago, Ike said:

I get that it's a mark of respect but everyone will just tune into the US version anyway. Very strange move.

I wonder if this is the Direct that will finally show the Metroid Prime remake and Switch versions of Wind Waker and Twilight Princess? I'm just hoping for GBA to be added to the NSO service. They usually add a new console to the service around this time to coincide with people renewing their subscriptions.

Be great to finally get some proper BOTW2 info. Crazy how it's been 5 and a half years since the original. 

12 minutes ago, Ike said:

Very interesting… so it seems that’s where the rumour came from then.  Wonder if that means that the other rumours are also true then…

3 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

LET’S FUCKING GO!!!! :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

I'm not sure what I want more, the game to be announced and to finally get to play it or for it to be completely ignored and see your meltdowns happen? :D 

• Haha 1

I'll post predictions later. For now, all I'll say is that the image @Dcubed posted isn't solid proof. There's a good chance they just hacked a ROM for the one event. Similar rumours happened last year when they showed a 3H trailer with beta models in a similar event ("New DLC!?!"), and it didn't mean anything either.

More optimistically, they spent a lot of the event focusing on FE4 characters, which is unusual. That's a better sign of things to come (but once again, not solid proof, rein your emotions).

1 minute ago, Jonnas said:

That's a better sign of things to come (but once again, not solid proof, rein your emotions).

It's the first proper Direct in ages. Let him go wild.

Kermit Kermit Meme GIF - Kermit Kermit Meme Kooloveememes GIFs

• Haha 2

Tried to update the title to reflect the fact the UK one isn't released until an hour later. Best I could come up with. 

Don't really see what difference it makes delaying the UK specific one by an hour but as long as they aren't geolocking us out of the US stream then it's fine, I guess. 

Don't really have many expectations, there are obviously the perpetually rumoured Wind Waker, Twilight Princess ports and the Metroid Prime Remake so I wouldn't be surprised to see them but won't hold my breath either.

Would be great if we saw a tease of Prime 4 and a new trailer for Zelda but I don't really expect either to show up. 

Hopefully they don't show too much of Bayonetta 3 - would be pretty disappointing if they spent 5 mins or so doing a deep dive on that given its out pretty soon

This Winter? Yep, BotW 2 ain't happening here.

I want some FE Warriors: Three Hopes DLC news. I've played through that game 6 times now. And I want more.

I'm wondering if we'll get Game Boy NSO here? I expect the next batch of N64 games announced at least. GBA? Nah.

I'd also like some news on what's next for PMD. New game, Explorers remake, I don't care, just gimme! But with that Pokémon Presents happening recently, I'm not expecting it here.

Bayo trailer, for sure, and a few smaller new games. And that's all I'm willing to predict.

27 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

I want some FE Warriors: Three Hopes DLC news. I've played through that game 6 times now. And I want more.

I'm wondering if we'll get Game Boy NSO here? I expect the next batch of N64 games announced at least. GBA? Nah.

I'd also like some news on what's next for PMD. New game, Explorers remake, I don't care, just gimme! But with that Pokémon Presents happening recently, I'm not expecting it here.

Bayo trailer, for sure, and a few smaller new games. And that's all I'm willing to predict.

I need me some DK64 goodness.

38 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

They always give a time frame to manage expectations and they always, without fail, show stuff further out. 

Right, so, predictions/wishes:

• Bayonetta 3 in-depth trailer;
  • Advance Wars gets a new release date at last;
  • A Switch title that's currently older than a year (except for Mario Kart) will suddenly get new DLC;
  • [EDIT]: Xenoblade 3 is getting DLC;
  • NSO gets Game Boy stuff;
  • No DLC whatsoever for FE Warriors;
  • Mario movie trailer;
  • A classic RPG will get remade;
  • At least one Gamecube game is coming to Switch;
  • Wario Land makes a comeback somehow;
  • "More Moles, More Mania" finally gets out of development hell. Possibly with a title that's strictly lamer than this.

Some of them are more plausible than others, as you see, but fuck it.

Edited by Jonnas
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I doubt we'd get a new Advance Wars date out of respect for the Queen 🙃

57 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

They always give a time frame to manage expectations and they always, without fail, show stuff further out. 

Yeah, and I still don't expect BotW 2.

28 minutes ago, Ashley said:

I doubt we'd get a new Advance Wars date out of respect for the Queen 🙃

Whenever that game happens, I don't expect it to be given any publicity. It will just quietly get dropped on the eShop with no fanfare.

@Jonnas there being brave, and predicting that Three Hopes is the first Ninty Warriors game to not get DLC. Interesting gamble.

Edited by Glen-i

38 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

@Jonnas there being brave, and predicting that Three Hopes is the first Ninty Warriors game to not get DLC. Interesting gamble.

More like "not announced in this Direct". Either way, yeah, felt like making a bold statement. Mostly because there's only one thing I want to see in DLC, and it's a specific music track.

I also just realized I should've just said "some Mole Mania content". If the GB NSO exists, it's bound to have that game.

There are enough known games we’re expecting by the end of Winter that could fill the Direct (e.g., Monkey Island, Bayonetta 3, Pokémon S&V, N64 NSO games) so I expect to see plenty of these.

I’m hoping they’ll spring some new surprises on us, such as the Zelda ports (not only two of the few WiiU ports left that I’d be excited about, but two of the only WiiU ports left, period!).

I don’t think we’ll see anything on Mario Kart or GameBoy for NSO, but I’m cautiously optimistic for a bunch of other surprises….