NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
bob

Queen Elizabeth II has passed away

Everything is going to shut down now, going to be wall to wall eulogies for the next couple of weeks

On a human level, I feel sad for her family, because losing a loved one is absolutely rubbish. Can't take that away from them, no matter who it is or however old they are. Yes, a person has lived a long life, but I fully appreciate how sad or difficult it can be to know that somebody is not there anymore, when all you've ever known is for them to have been there. That's tough.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

On a human level, I feel sad for her family, because losing a loved one is absolutely rubbish. Can't take that away from them, no matter who it is or however old they are. Yes, a person has lived a long life, but I fully appreciate how sad or difficult it can be to know that somebody is not there anymore, when all you've ever known is for them to have been there. That's tough.

Well said.

With the exception of Will and Kate, I'm not one for the royals at all but at the end of the day the Queen was someone's mother, sister, grandmother etc. and this will be a hard loss for them all.

I wonder if Harry managed to get over here before she passed away?

• Like 1

Absolutely the end of an era. She managed to become a globally known symbol for the UK, which is something very few monarchs can do these days.

It's going to feel very bizarre, having a UK without THE Queen.

My condolences for the royal family.

• Like 2

As @Fierce_LiNk and @Hero-of-Time already said I think it's very sad for the family, though I’m sure they will find much happiness looking back on her legacy.

7 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I wonder if Harry managed to get over here before she passed away?

From the coverage last night it seemed he was in the country but didn't make it up there before the end.

4 hours ago, Jonnas said:

It's going to feel very bizarre, having a UK without THE Queen.

Yeah, this. There are not many people around that have known anything other than The Queen. It's going to be very odd for the next few years... New money, new stamps, new national anthem, a whole load of other stuff too I'm sure.

Sign in to follow this