NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Happenstance

Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power

Anyone started watching this yet then? I've never been a massive LOTR fan but I enjoyed the movieswell enough so I expect to get around to watching this series. Just interested to hear what people think so far.

When I get Amazon Prime again, I shall watch it. Need to watch The Boys season 3 at some point.

Not a massive fan of LotR so I'm in no hurry but I do think I'll enjoy it as a fan  of fantasy 

I want to watch it but I'm waiting for most or all of the episodes to be available. How many are planned for this season?

22 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I want to watch it but I'm waiting for most or all of the episodes to be available. How many are planned for this season?

IMDB seems to think 8

• Thanks 1

I don't know why I'm so in the mood for Lord of the Rings lately but I really am. Got the 4k trilogy boxset arriving tomorrow, Shadow of Mordor downloading to my Steam Deck and am currently reading Fellowship of the Ring for the first time. I guess I'm interested in the show and wouldn't mind all the extra context for it.

24 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

I don't know why I'm so in the mood for Lord of the Rings lately but I really am. Got the 4k trilogy boxset arriving tomorrow, Shadow of Mordor downloading to my Steam Deck and am currently reading Fellowship of the Ring for the first time. I guess I'm interested in the show and wouldn't mind all the extra context for it.

The LOTR films are movies that I can watch again and again. Absolute classics for me. I never failed to get hyped during the battles in the second and third movies. The movies are so well made. 

8 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

The LOTR films are movies that I can watch again and again. Absolute classics for me. I never failed to get hyped during the battles in the second and third movies. The movies are so well made. 

I think for me I always appreciated them and went to see all of them at the cinema but I've never been much of a fantasy guy so it didn't go much beyond that. One thing that will always get me hooked though is a well built universe which is why I love things like Star Trek and Mass Effect so much. Then with things like Star Wars and now LOTR I'm allowing myself to look deeper than the surface level stuff and beginning to enjoy their universes as well.

Sign in to follow this