NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
drahkon

NFL 22/23 - We're all living in Amerika, Amerika ist wunderbar

la-nfl-logo-hidden-meaning-comp.jpg?strip=all&quality=100&w=1422&h=800&crop=1

American Football has been on the rise outside of the US for years now. Especially in Germany it's gained popularity at an unbelievable pace. There's been London games for a while now and this year there's even a game in my wonderfully stupid country.

Now, this thread may crash and burn very quickly. It all depends on whether people here are interested in the sport.

Personally, I've been following the Greenbay Packers for a couple of years now and while I'm still not as invested in the team as I am with FC Bayern München, for example, I can't wait to see what the players can do this season. 

The upcoming season will start on Friday, September 9th at the ungodly time of 02:20am (Berlin time). More importantly, the usual Sunday games start at 7pm (Berlin time, yes - suck it UK time :p). One of my best mates and I have been meeting up on Sunday nights during seasons since 2016 and we will continue that tradition. Can't wait :bouncy: 

Sooooo, any other fans of the sport on here? :D 

Edited by drahkon

I've not watched it in years. I used to work with a good mate who taught me the rules (surprisingly simple) and got me into it but once we parted ways I eventually stopped watching it. I did carry on watching the Super Bowl for a few years after though. I just loved the celebration around the whole event but I've not watched that in about 3-4 years.

I didn't really have a team but I did like watching the Colts play, back when Payton Manning was the QB. I instantly hated The Patriots. I'm never a fan when one team dominates a sport and that's what they did back then. 

I went to watch the Superbowl a couple of times at uni. They had a big screen where you could watch it at the Student Union.

It was fun for a bit, but it just went on and on. I know the time difference is at fault, but the game went on until 2 or 3 in the morning, and there is just so much waiting around watching nothing.

You see people joking all the time about how Americans want to change football (soccer) to make it more exciting for an American audience, but some of their sports are just so drawn out and boring (American football, baseball, highway car chases).

On 01/09/2022 at 5:30 PM, Hero-of-Time said:

I instantly hated The Patriots. I'm never a fan when one team dominates a sport and that's what they did back then. 

Cartman got me hating the Patriots. Fuck Beel Beelichek.

The Superbowl is probably the one game I miss the most of, as when it's on BBC they have no ads to cut to, so just the same three people talking shit for who knows how long. For the season you have NFL RedZone on Sky Sports Mix (the only sports channel I have) on Sundays, which jumps between each game playing in the early/late window. Zero ads, if a game gets boring they jump to another one. It's amazing.

• Like 1

On 9/1/2022 at 6:30 PM, Hero-of-Time said:

(surprisingly simple)

Yup, mostly the rules are easy to understand.
These days, though, stuff like pass interference is a disaster. So much discussion around that...it's crazy :laughing: 

On 9/1/2022 at 6:48 PM, EEVILMURRAY said:

Fly Eagles Fly

"You want Philly, Philly?"
Will always be one of my favourite moments :D 

31 minutes ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

NFL RedZone

It's one of the best things you can watch in sports, in my opinion.
My mate and I usually have the German broadcast running on his TV (two games in succession) and NFL RedZone running in a stream on his laptop. Non-stop action. It's awesome!

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this