NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

Shovel Knight Dig (23rd September 2022)

Well, it's got a release date now, so figured it might as well get its own thread! 

When Drill Knight and his dastardly digging crew blast apart Shovel Knight's peaceful campsite and steal his loot, he grabs his trusty Shovel Blade and starts tunneling after them!

Meet new friends and foes, visit strange lands, and outfit yourself in your quest to keep the entire land from collapsing underfoot! Jump, slash, and dig your way down an ever-changing chasm of mystery in Shovel Knight Dig, an all-new Shovel Knight adventure!

• Thanks 2

Started this today (Apple Arcade version) I’m digging it so far. :heh:

Didn't realise it was developed in collaboration with Nitrome! Great choice though, as they’re top-notch when it comes to pixel art, and have previously made some great stuff. :cool:

Soundtrack is very much on point too, with Jake Kaufman returning. :bouncy:

Anyone else playing?

Man, this game is pretty tough! It’s a struggle to even get passed the first area. :hehe: I can’t wait to discover more locations though, mainly to hear what the music will be like. This one is probably my fave at the moment:

Also, it’s been ages since I played the original game, but did Shovel Knight always move so slowly? :hmm: 

He’s definitely on the sluggish side in this game anyway, especially compared to enemies. Looks as if you can upgrade his speed though, which is probably why the base speed is so bad. :hehe:

It’s cool whenever you get some more open sections of a map and can just drop down, bouncing off enemies as you go. Major Downwell vibes during those moments. :cool:

Oh man, I wish I had the money to get this. But for now, it'll be on my wishlist to remind me to get it when I can.

Never mind, @Dcubed got it. Sponge Powers activate!

Managed to get down to the bottom just now. If you look closely at the bottom of the screen, you'll notice I almost had it! 2 more hits would've done the job, but it wasn't to be...

Game's awesome though. It's pretty much Shovel Knight meets Downwell.

Oh, and @RedShell, Shovel Knight has always been that sluggish. But the obstacles and enemies are mostly quite nimble in this game, so I get where you're coming from.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Managed to get down to the bottom just now. If you look closely at the bottom of the screen, you'll notice I almost had it! 2 more hits would've done the job, but it wasn't to be...

Nice! :bowdown:

I still can't even get to the third area. :blush:

4th area is my record so far. :heh: Got a feeling I might struggle to finish this game… :hmm: Think I’m just too old for this genre now, you know, the “literally everything can kill you” genre. :laughing:

@Glen-i, how goes your progress? Based on your previous post I assume you’ve completed it already. :grin:

33 minutes ago, RedShell said:

@Glen-i, how goes your progress? Based on your previous post I assume you’ve completed it already. :grin:

You'd probably be right, if it wasn't for the fact that I don't have access to Dcubed's Switch during the weekday.

All I managed since then was getting the armour shop.

The Accessibility options are there if you ever find yourself in need of a boost as a last resort.

Edited by Glen-i

Wow.  This game is hard...

It's awesome, but man is it hard!  Haven't gotten past the first area yet!

Edit:  Scratch that! Just beat the first area for the first time! Still hard as balls though :p

Edited by Dcubed

Sign in to follow this