NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

Nintendo Treehouse Live (25th August 2022 @ 17:30 BST)

What in the Universal Studios' Super Nintendo World is going on?!

Edited by Julius

Well, I mean, someone has to market Harvestella I suppose.  S-E can't be arsed, soooo...

Edited by Dcubed

2 hours ago, Dcubed said:

Well, I mean, someone has to market Harvestella I suppose.  S-E can't be arsed, soooo...

The fact I have no idea what Harvestella is and would consider myself still relatively in the loop with Nintendo news proves your point. 

Is it similar to Splatoon or literally just tagged on to the end of this Treehouse lol 

• Like 1

There's no rhyme or reason for them pairing up Splatoon and Harvestella - it's a farming/community RPG in the mold of Stardew Valley

The excitable teenager in me is drawing wild conclusions that the surprise announcement of this Treehouse means that Nintendo is going to show up in tonight's Gamescom show though

34 minutes ago, killthenet said:

There's no rhyme or reason for them pairing up Splatoon and Harvestella - it's a farming/community RPG in the mold of Stardew Valley

To be fair to Stardew Valley, Harvestella is also a very generic-looking action RPG :p

37 minutes ago, killthenet said:

The excitable teenager in me is drawing wild conclusions that the surprise announcement of this Treehouse means that Nintendo is going to show up in tonight's Gamescom show though

I'm sort of having the opposite reaction where I think they're trying to get whatever they've agreed to with Square Enix for Harvestella out of the way ahead of a potential September Direct :laughing: but I'll take anything at this point, so if they means they turn up unannounced to Gamescom, so be it! 

55 minutes ago, killthenet said:

It doesn't surprise me, Ninty is the company that recommended Bowser's Inside Story because I played Professor Layton.

It also consistently recommends Just Dance, despite having data on the kind of games I mostly play. Not even close!

• Haha 1

*Google Images Harvestella*

Pass.

A step up from Game Freak visuals, but just barely.

cool re the Splatoon treehouse though 

Edited by Ronnie

31 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

*Google Images Harvestella*

Pass.

A step up from Game Freak visuals, but just barely.

That's a weird dig, seeing as it's a Square Enix game.

19 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

That's a weird dig, seeing as it's a Square Enix game.

I know, point still stands though, its not a very nice looking game imo. A lot of Japanese development studios seem to be (at least) a generation behind technically. 

On 23/08/2022 at 4:46 PM, Josh64 said:

The fact I have no idea what Harvestella is and would consider myself still relatively in the loop with Nintendo news proves your point. 

I just hear the name to the tune of the first line in this:

• Haha 1

Just a reminder, It’s live now. Watching this treehouse stream is making me nostalgic for E3

Speaking of weird pairings, remember this gold from the WiiU era. 

splatoon_paper_mario_ad.jpg?x74487

Both games are colourful! And both games are colourful! 

"LOL"

• Haha 3

OK, I've not seen that one before. That's hilarious! You can't just smash together two genres and expect the audience to overlap.

Then again, it is the WiiU, if it wasn't Smash, Mario Kart, or Splatoon, it needed all the help it could get.

Sign in to follow this