NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ronnie

Splatoon 3 Direct : 10.08.22 (2pm UK time)

As an outsider, it seemed very unepic and reading what was announced makes it hard to believe that they needed 30 minutes for that. 

So enthusiasts, was it a good showing? 

It was a decent showing but it didn't need to be 30 minutes long. It looks as though the lobby system has been given a much needed improvement, which is one of the things I wanted changed. The new amiibo look great and I love the look of the card battling game. If it's confirmed you can skip the opening when you log on and that Salmon Run mode is available all the time instead of at just various intervals (such a stupid thing) then I will slap down a preorder.

splatoon3direct10082022roundupbanner.620x0.webp

Splatoon 3 Direct 10/08/2022 Roundup

Full press release, and video.

Check the article for all the details.

Soo... a card minigame and a couple of extra moves... that's it? That's all that's new apart from the 5 new stages? Only two new weapon types? Well, that and the time-limited Tri-colour Splatfest (that's the only remotely interesting new feature).

Wow... it's even more disappointing than I expected!

Edited by Dcubed

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

If it's confirmed you can skip the opening when you log on

It looks like a ticker tape of the news will run in the top left of the screen when you start the game and you have to click the L Stick to actually watch it, which if so, is a pretty good solution.

But yeah, I struggle to see how that, and everything else shown in this Direct couldn't have just been added to Splatoon 2 as further DLC. ::shrug:

The Tricolour turf war looks cool, but again, why not just add it to Splatoon 2? :blank:

• Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, RedShell said:

It looks like a ticker tape of the news will run in the top left of the screen when you start the game and you have to click the L Stick to actually watch it, which if so, is a pretty good solution.

All we know is that applies to any news updates that happen while you have the game open. Jury's still out on whether it'll let you skip the opening one when you boot up the game.

1 minute ago, Glen-i said:

All we know is that applies to any news updates that happen while you have the game open. Jury's still out on whether it'll let you skip the opening one when you boot up the game.

Yeah, I'm being optimistic here. :hehe: Anyway, hopefully Nintendo have been paying attention to all the fans who have been complaining about this for 7 years.

Did the direct mention much about the singleplayer? Due to NSO, it's the only part I care about.

2 minutes ago, Cube said:

Did the direct mention much about the singleplayer? Due to NSO, it's the only part I care about.

*Shrug*

Splatoon 2 is among my favourite games for its singleplayer stuff, so I'm just hoping for more of it.

2 hours ago, Dcubed said:

Soo... a card minigame and a couple of extra moves... that's it? That's all that's new apart from the 5 new stages? Only two new weapon types? Well, that and the time-limited Tri-colour Splatfest (that's the only remotely interesting new feature).

Wow... it's even more disappointing than I expected!

There's still a load of things I haven't really done in Splatoon 2 as I never really played it much online and maybe only played Salmon Run a couple of times.

From what I saw today and recently starting Octo Expansion, I honestly don't think I need to get 3 and should just play 2 more while we still can!

I'm sure I'll inevitably cave at some point (especially if the single player turns out to be more enjoyable than the disappointment of the campaign in Splatoon 2) but at the moment the sensible thing for me is just to not get caught up in any hype near release!

Sign in to follow this