NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Fierce_LiNk

Football Season 2022/23

16 minutes ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

I'm only taking the piss, don't worry. :laughing:

We're having a meltdown on the RedCafé forums at the moment. It's an utter mess. Wasted another transfer window.

Yuck, now there's a corner of the Internet I hope I never end up in. :D 

16 minutes ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

I've gone back and forth on the Ronaldo one. When he came in, it was a decent window with the Varane and Sancho signings alongside him, so I can't blame him for thinking that we were going to be stepping things up.

Ronaldo thought he was returning like the prodigal son to cement his place in Man U folklore and fire you from second back to the top of the tree.

Even his powers have limits! 

Looks as though United have a broad agreement in place for Rabiot and expecting to launch an improved bid for Arnautovic. Definitely seem to be panic buying right now. If these were actual targets why wait until now to make them?

Edited by Emerald Emblem

20 minutes ago, Emerald Emblem said:

Looks as though United have a broad agreement in place for Rabiot and expecting to launch an improved bid for Arnautovic. Definitely seem to be panic buying right now. If these were actual targets why wait until now to make them?

It's been nearly a decade and they're still giving off the same energy they were when Moyes took over, which is barmy to me. 

Remember when they spent a window targeting every world class midfielder under the sun, missed out on even challenging for players like Thiago because they were too busy twiddling their thumbs, and ended up with Fellaini? It's exactly that all over again! 

Also @Fierce_LiNk I totally agree. I feel like Ronaldo has gone through what Mourinho went through with United where he was coming in with an idea of changes needing to be made, not necessarily underestimating the undertaking to do so, but more realising as time went on that the abyss staring back was much, much, much deeper than they had first anticipated. 

Edited by Julius

17 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

Yuck, now there's a corner of the Internet I hope I never end up in. :D 

Ronaldo thought he was returning like the prodigal son to cement his place in Man U folklore and fire you from second back to the top of the tree.

Even his powers have limits! 

As far as die-hard forums go, it's pretty balanced. You get a few idiots who take things too far, but the majority are quite sensible and think things through. I'd imagine most of the big football forums would be similar. 

To be fair to Ronaldo, he scored 18 league goals in one of the worst United teams that I can remember. Not quite sure how managed that. He did his part and the best he could do. Prime Messi would've struggled in that team too, for sure.

11 minutes ago, Emerald Emblem said:

The Rabiot signing isn't too bad if he's one of many. If he's 'it', then it's a poor signing. Really, he should be one of about 8 or more.

The Arnautovic one is just craaaaap. We need to steer well away from that one. Club needs to sort itself out instead of looking at him.

6 minutes ago, Julius said:

It's been nearly a decade and they're still giving off the same energy they were when Moyes took over, which is barmy to me. 

Remember when they spent a window targeting every world class midfielder under the sun, missed out on even challenging for players like Thiago because they were too busy twiddling their thumbs, and ended up with Fellaini? It's exactly that all over again! 

United did challenge for Thiago and Fabregas in that window. Thiago was reportedly coming to us, before Guardiola went to Bayern and declared that the only player he wanted was Thiago. Think he was one of the only players they signed that window. Once Guardiola came in for him, due to the Barcelona link, nobody else stood a chance. We also had a deal for Kroos lined up, which Sir Alex himself organised before he left, which reportedly Moyes decided to move away from. Moyes really set us back with some of the decisions he made during the time he was there.

The de Jong deal is just...very, very messy. We've had the bid actually accepted by Barcelona, but there's some really messed up shit going on at Barcelona with the money they owe de Jong, who isn't budging or leaving without what he's owed (17million, which is a significant sum of money). We've really chosen a bad Summer to get involved with Barcelona as they're in a mess, but a different sort of mess compared to us.

I don't blame United for going after de Jong, because Barcelona accepted the deal. But, we really should have been looking at additional midfielders anyway. Neves is one I'd love, Tielemans is available, so there are options out there. Tbh, we need about 3 or 4 new faces in that midfield.

Rabiot sounds like a Pokémon. I can just imagine him bombing down the wing, screaming his own name.

• Haha 1

Sign in to follow this