NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

Football Season 2022/23

6 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

That and you are still ahead of Liverpool in the table. :D 

Sooner or later Liverpool will step it up a gear and it'll all click. I think. Maybe. ::shrug: I do wonder if that players are thinking the same.

4 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Liverpool are just misunderstood this season. We really are still the best in the league but some teams don't seem to respect that and are actually putting in effort. We shouldn't have to put in effort!

We're going through something similar. Some days, I wish we could just turn up and have the 3 points, a 3-course-meal, and an Amazon gift-card. All these bluddy teams expecting us to play football. Bastards!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

Sooner or later Liverpool will step it up a gear and it'll all click. I think. Maybe. ::shrug: I do wonder if that players are thinking the same.

We're going through something similar. Some days, I wish we could just turn up and have the 3 points, a 3-course-meal, and am Amazon gift-card. All these bluddy teams expecting us to play football. Bastards!

Damn that's a good idea. Might see if some fans want to put our money together to send some £10 Amazon vouchers to the players.

My favourite stat from the weekend:

**Fastest to 3 hat-tricks in PL history (number of appearances)**

1. Erling Haaland: 8

2. Michael Owen: 48

3. Ruud van Nistelrooy: 59

4. Fernando Torres: 64

5. Andrew Cole: 65

6. Luis Suarez: 71

He's like a footballing Terminator sent from the future to destroy humanitys hope by ruining their favourite sport.

It's ridiculous, it wouldn't even be surprising if he scored 50 league goals this season.

Could have Shearer's record wrapped up before he even turns 28.

12 hours ago, killthenet said:

It's ridiculous, it wouldn't even be surprising if he scored 50 league goals this season.

Could have Shearer's record wrapped up before he even turns 28.

Trouble is I doubt he’ll stick around for more than three seasons before heading off to Spain, or at least I hope he won’t :laughing:

• Haha 1

The England vs USA women's game is quite a lively one. The lasses are doing well against the worlds best but I'm not sure if they will be able to keep it going in the second half. USA look pretty deadly when given the chance and I can see the England tiring out before the end and then USA taking advantage of that.

Arsenal starting very well against Liverpool. This is another one of those fixtures that always seems to deliver.

I'm watching the titans of Leicester City play against the Crystal 'The Crushers' Palace right now. Mainly because...it's on. There's men kicking a ball somewhere, and I have access to it, so I'm watching it.

It's like somebody took out all of the joy out of football and televised it. Can't remember a single interesting thing happening all game. When it's a neutral game involving two teams that nobody cares about, the least they could do is make some goals! Boring bastards.

• Haha 1

Very happy with the victory in yesterday's game. There's no doubt we won't be contending for the title this season but putting a dent in city's hopes, as well as giving Aresnal a bit of breathing room, makes me a happy chappy. 

Good results all around last night. We scraped a victory, the Toon beat Everton, Chelsea drew and Man U done over Spurs.

Gotta imagine talks are being had over at Everton, given their position. They are gonna get dragged into the relegation fight if they aren't careful. I'm surprised changes weren't made in the Summer after they just managed to save themselves last season.

I have to say, Amazon's coverage is so much better than everyone else. Getting to pick what game you want to watch, rewind the live match, pick and choose from key moments of the games and having a live score centre going on at the same time is fantastic. Makes me wish they had more games throughout the year.

• Like 1

Barca being broke and asking UEFA for an up-front payment of future UCL money to put up against a loan, activating all these levers, selling TV rights, stadium name, not paying players full wages etc only to get knocked out of the UCL and being dumped into the UEL is a thing of beauty and I’m here for it! :grin:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

We're getting twatted by Villa after 10 minutes. Eeesh. :shakehead:shakehead

That's the Emery difference!

26 minutes ago, killthenet said:

That's the Emery difference!

Well deserved and well played. We were shite. Must have been hitting up the clubs late last night. :shakehead

This season has been so crazy so far. Arsenal on top, the Toon playing with an insane level of confidence and challenging for Champions League football and Man U, Liverpool and Chelsea being ridiculously inconsistent...the list goes on. It's certainly making for some interesting viewing. 

Out of interest:

Are you going to watch the World Cup?
I won't because of the issues surrounding the entire thing.

I'm not going to judge you, no matter your decision. Just interested in what people will do.

In my social circle it's approx. 50/50 of people following the World Cup and people avoiding it.

Edited by drahkon

I will probably try my best to avoid it, but the likelihood is that I wouldn't have had much time to watch it anyway. 

If I do want to catch highlights, they'll probably be on Streamable or something that won't contribute to viewing figures or advertising revenue. Take that capitalism!

4 hours ago, drahkon said:

Are you going to watch the World Cup?

I'll be watching it but I'm not looking forward to it. I much more excited for the Women's tournament next year.

If all these players, teams and countries are so upset about the tournament being set in Qatar then why don't they boycott it? Wearing an armband or changing your strip isn't going to do jack to change anything. However, if all the countries that have issues with what's going on simply banded together and said we aren't going to play then that would certainly be a more meaningful movement. 

• Like 1

I see we have drawn Real Madrid in the CL. That's us out of the tournament then. I also see FSG have put us up for sale. Crazy!

Chelsea are really not clicking at the moment. Injuries don’t help but even so… we can’t string passes together lately.

3 hours ago, Kav said:

Chelsea are really not clicking at the moment. Injuries don’t help but even so… we can’t string passes together lately.

It'll be interesting to see just how long they're willing to give Potter in that job. Chelsea are notorious for moving on managers when things don't go well, but Potter will need quite a lot of time before his ideas can begin to turn into results. He's a manager who has got clear ideas of how he wants his team to play football, so naturally you'd assume that Chelsea would want to give him that time that is needed. I can't help but think though that it's a match that doesn't work for either party. He was on to a really, really good thing with Brighton and I feel that a club such as Spurs or Arsenal would've been more suited to him and what he wants to do. At the same time, he's not going to bring the instant results Chelsea want either, so it doesn't really work for them, too.

Love a late winner! We were shite for most of that, but...'JANDROOOOOO! :bowdown: :bowdown:

What a player. Our most exciting forward, to be honest.

Just now, darksnowman said:

Aaaand we're back. 

Hope Haaland is rusty...

Completely forgot we were playing. No doubt we will get a thrashing.

12 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Completely forgot we were playing. No doubt we will get a thrashing.

Wasn't a thrashing but it did put paid to this season's tilt at the quadruple.