NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

Football Season 2022/23

That's the best United vs. Arsenal game we've had in years. Enjoyed that. 

Chuffed for Antony and Rashford. That's very promising. Eriksen and McTominay both joint players of the match for me. McTominay was like a wall in this game. ETH is getting the most out of him. 

Think Arsenal were unlucky not to get more. Generally, their play was great and Jesus looks a real threat. For large points of the game, Arsenal were on top, but the difference is with the chances we created. I don't think Arsenal really made enough of those clear cut chances.

I checked the Premier League standings and...Arsenal on top? What's going on?

Liverpool 7th?

I must've missed some upsets :o 

15 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Liverpool 7th?

I know, it's nuts. Arsenal are good now. :grin:

I do think everyone is just waiting for Liverpool to 'click' again. There's injuries to the midfield, Mane has been sold, and Salah hasn't really at it. Think selling Mane is maybe having a bigger impact than most people thought. 

United are climbing, slowly. We're on for a top half finish, hahaha.

45 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Liverpool 7th?

We suck at the moment. Arsenal have looked great so far. Even though they got beat today they still looked great. 

Its certainly been a crazy season so far, with plenty of upsets and things not going the way most thought they would. It makes for some interesting viewing.

1 hour ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

I know, it's nuts. Arsenal are good now. :grin:

Any Arsenal fans here? :D 

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Its certainly been a crazy season so far, with plenty of upsets and things not going the way most thought they would. It makes for some interesting viewing.

Definitely. I may tune in more often. :) 

13 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Any Arsenal fans here? :D 

Definitely. I may tune in more often. :) 

There's @Emerald Emblem. @Ramar is another, but he hasn't posted in a while, I don't think. 

They're playing good football and were unlucky in today's game. They're in for a good season. I do think they'll run out of steam at some point and slip away.

Very harsh Tuchel being fired. From what I've read, the new owner doesn't really care for him and he was going to be on the chopping block regardless how the team performed.

I will be pretty disappointed if Potter does take the Chelsea job, I'm a big fan of his but have a real dislike of Chelsea (sorry Julius) so I'd prefer if he stayed at Brighton. 

Potter joining Chelsea would also mean he would be unavailable to take over at Aston Villa when we inevitably sack Gerrard in a few weeks, but it's not the sole reason I'd rather see him stay at Brighton 

This is what Chelsea does...and unfortunately, it actually brings them results. They've won titles and Champions Leagues by following this model.

They should just employ managers on two-year deals. Maybe not even that.

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Klopp will be joining Tuchel at the job centre if he's not careful.

Napoli have looked unreal. That second (and third...maybe the fourth, too) were just great. They pass it nicely and they're not afraid to take players on. I really like the look of them.

Liverpool just don't look right. Need some sort of leader in midfield to give them a lift. A Steven Gerrard or Roy Keane-type figure would really help.

I'm kinda happy with the break. Don't think I could take another disappointing Liverpool performance. Oh, it's coming but at least it's been delayed by a week. :D 

Scrappy victory for Liverpool this evening. Once again the lads didn't really take their chances and left it to the last minute to get the much needed win.

@drahkon gotta be happy with Bayern's performance.

30 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

@drahkon gotta be happy with Bayern's performance.

For 20 minutes of their performance.
The rest was as shoddy - especially defensively - as our last three league matches :nono: 

Thank fuck the real football is back.

Great North London derby! Anyone else watching?

19 hours ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

Thank fuck the real football is back.

I thought so too.. and now I'm not so sure 😅

How am I going to watch all of sports now?

F1 start has been delayed and will start in a couple of minutes, City vs ManU, Bundesliga and NFL London Game...it's too much :D  

On the plus side, we outscored them in the second half. :laughing::shakehead

The first half was a car crash. Mentally, we weren't at it and crumbled when their first goal went in. So many bad/terrible performances out there today. Can't quite believe we actually scored 3! One of those games where we should've/could've lost 10-0.

42 minutes ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

On the plus side, we outscored them in the second half. :laughing::shakehead

That and you are still ahead of Liverpool in the table. :D 

Liverpool are just misunderstood this season. We really are still the best in the league but some teams don't seem to respect that and are actually putting in effort. We shouldn't have to put in effort!

• Haha 1

My sister recently got rid of Sky Sports and so I can no longer jack into her account and watch live football. Given the way we are playing, this is a blessing in disguise.