NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

Football Season 2022/23

Weekend is almost here!

Saturday Fixtures

Southampton vs. Manchester United (going for 0-2 to United. Sancho to get another one and maybe Bruno to score the other)

Brentford vs. Everton (2-0. Everton look awful and weak upfront. Can't see them winning this)

Brighton & Hove Albion vs. Leeds United (2-2. Two in-form teams who have had a great start to the season. This is one to watch, I think)

Chelsea vs. Leicester City (2-0 to Chelsea. Might be more. Leicester look pretty useless, at the moment)

Liverpool vs. AFC Bournemouth (3-0. Liverpool will get a big win here after their disappointment against United)

Manchester City vs. Crystal Palace (3-0 City. Palace have started well, but City look to dominate. Think they'll win this comfortably)

Arsenal vs. Fulham (2-0 Arsenal. Both teams have started well, but think Arsenal have enough to get the win)

Sunday Fixtures

Aston Villa vs. West Ham United (1-0 Villa. West Ham look a bit all over the place at the moment. They desperately need the points, but think Villa will win this)

Wolverhampton Wanderers vs. Newcastle United (1-2. Newcastle are in good form and Wolves look like they struggle to score goals.)

Nottingham Forest vs. Tottenham Hotspur (0-1. Spurs will do enough to edge it, imo)

What's going on in the City game? I fully expect them to still win but it's a crazy start to the match.

4 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

What's going on in the City game? I fully expect them to still win but it's a crazy start to the match.

Mad, innit.

Andersen for Palace looks like a tidy player. One to keep an eye out for.

Bournemouth are getting trashed by Liverpool. :cry:

Yeah, happy with the lads putting in a shift. We've had such a poor start to the season we needed to make a statement. 4-0 in 30 minutes is doing just that.

Chelsea down to 10 men. Gonna be interesting to see if they can keep Leicester out for the rest of the game. 

I hope Palace put another 2 past City. "Fuck off, City".

I really got that prediction wrong! :laughing:

• Haha 1

We score 9 goals and Salah doesn't get a single one. Just shows what kind of form he's in. Why we kept him and not Mane I'll never know.

Yeah, I'll gladly take a 2-1 against Leicester with 10 men. I still don't know how I feel about the Sterling signing, and I'm still not sold on it working out in the long term, but he's been electric since signing, and has looked very professional so far. 

And that first goal of his was a beauty. 

3 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

The stupid part about this City side is that at 2-0 down I felt the exact same, I don't think anyone doubted the win. And against Palace, a side which every season seems to steal wins against the top sides. 

Respect what they've accomplished, but it's hard to not hate them :p

2 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Why we kept him and not Mane I'll never know.

This is more of a gut instinct thing - I don't follow the goings-on at Liverpool that closely - but from the outside looking in, the feeling I've always got from Liverpool since Salah's signing and his amazing debut season was that Mané never really got the attention he probably felt he deserved, I think he was probably talked about more as part of a front three than he was as an individual after Salah signed. 

Some players don't mind shying away from the spotlight and just doing what they can for the team if it means shared success - Benzema at Real while Ronaldo was still there comes to mind, and I'd say that was worse because Ronaldo's feats, if anything, stunted Benzema's growth and stats - but some just aren't comfortable with that. I think the proof is in the pudding, and this is probably subjective, but I feel like I heard a lot more about Salah potentially leaving and his contract situation than I ever did on Mané's move to Bayern. 

I think Liverpool had much less of a say in Mané leaving than they were probably comfortable with, to be honest ::shrug:

I had similar thoughts in regards to Mane. He was always living in the shadow of Salah. Had we cashed in on Salah, instead of offering him a new contract, I think Mane would have happily stuck around.

That was such a satisfying comeback win. So glad Gabriel got to make amends for his error with the winner. Good to hear him say his teammates lifted him after he gifted Mitrovic the opener. There are sterner tests after this month, but just got to keep up the good work.

Just watching the Liverpool match now. You can see how much that goal meant to Harvey Elliot. Poor lad was shaking afterwards.

I'm kicking myself for not triple captaining Haaland. Ummed and ahhed over who to captain. Had Haaland down, then chickened out and went for Jesus. Still got 17 points, but it could have been...a lot more.

:cry:

Haaland has another hat trick, 9 goals in 4 and a half games - he's going to score 4 against us on Saturday, we don't stand a chance.

Just now, killthenet said:

Haaland has another hat trick, 9 goals in 4 and a half games - he's going to score 4 against us on Saturday, we don't stand a chance.

I hadn't checked what time the matches were today, and so wrongly assumed the half game may have been one he was subbed in for and that this match was over. 

No, he has a hat-trick in the first half, because of course he does. 9 in 5? What's the record for a 38 game season, Salah's 32? And Shearer and Andy Cole's 34 in 42? Unless he gets injured, I'd be very surprised if he doesn't break those records.

He's not going to the World Cup for pity's sake. Meaning we'll all be having nightmares thinking about a rested Haaland sprinting at our team's exhausted defenders returning from World Cup duty :shakehead

Not having BT Sport, I was unable to watch the Liverpool match but i've watched the highlights. Crazy scenes at the end of the game. I can't believe fans left before the game had finished. 

Despite the win, it does highlight just how fragile we are at the moment. We are nowhere near the level we were last season and need to stop letting goals in. Our defense was great last season but now we look very average.

Very impressed with Arsenal's start to the season and I'd love them to push for the title. It's about time another team entered the mix. 

17 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Despite the win, it does highlight just how fragile we are at the moment. We are nowhere near the level we were last season and need to stop letting goals in. Our defense was great last season but now we look very average.

I feel like it's Klopp's MO. It happened while he was in Dortmund, too, though much earlier (after 3 years). 

Another shoddy performance by Liverpool today. Gonna be lucky to even challenge for a top 4 position at this rate.

Cracking result for Villa but they were robbed of the full 3 points by an absolutely awful decision. It's ridiculous that things like this keep happening in the game.

Top of the league for a 3rd straight weekend no matter the result at Old Trafford. Would never have believed that at the start of the season. But a 4-point cushion at stake on Sunday, it's a shame we picked up all these midfield injuries, hopefully we have enough to get the result but we shall see.

We've spent the last week in Paris, but got back in time for Match of the Day last night. Always a bonus!

The amount of VAR interference/controversial decisions was insane. The West Ham goal and Newcastle goal both 100% should have stood. Aston Villa's second not being given because the referee blew early is incredibly poor, too. Cost them a win when they needed the points.

Just goes to show that the refereeing has been the problem all along. It was bad before the tech, and it's the same now. It's a hard job and I'd hate to do it, but the tech is meant to make their lives so much easier, yet it's not really doing that. Too many poor decisions. 

Good first half for the neutral. Both teams looking dangerous and the game could still go either way.

As for the other result, unless he turns things around, Brendon Rodgers is on borrowed time. 

Antonnnnnyyyyyyyy! Looks like he's got something about him. Seen a lot of comparisons with Nani, which I can definitely see. What a player he was.

Close game. Can definitely see Arsenal scoring. Think this will end in a draw, personally. Would love us to get another and keep the clean sheet.