NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

Pokémon Presents: 3rd August 2022 @ 14:00 BST

13 minutes ago, Julius said:

I did dig the trailer and deep dive for Scarlet & Violet, even if the trailer itself was pretty unexciting with how it was presented, there's some fun stuff in there

It was a bit silly for them to voice the teacher in the trailer, with a notice that the game won't be voiced. Still one of my biggest disappointments in Arceus was the lack of voice acting.

4 hours ago, Dufniall said:

It was a bit silly for them to voice the teacher in the trailer, with a notice that the game won't be voiced. Still one of my biggest disappointments in Arceus was the lack of voice acting.

Yeah, it's very funny having played Live A Live over the last week or so and knowing that remake of an incredibly niche JRPG which has been stuck in Japan for nearly 30 years has voice-acting and Pokémon does not. I agree that it's a letdown here like it was in Legends: Arceus, it's odd how they continue to go that way, but I suppose it's just another result of these games needing to be forced into shelves ASAP, I don't think they've got the time for voice-acting and then the localised efforts they'd need too. 

Totally unrelated, but I forgot to mention: man I hate the faces of the in-game character models. They remind me of mascots I saw at local theme parks when travelling around Europe as a kid, which is to say that they're very unnerving to look at. The only character I think looks okay in-game so far is probably Grusha, but even she he only gets away with it because half of her his face is covered by her his scarf ::shrug:

Edited by Julius
Grusha is a guy
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Julius said:

Interesting that the legendary Pokémon will seemingly join you pretty early in your adventure? At least that's the feeling I got. 

@Dcubed will recall that I actually called this. It's the band-aid solution to "This open world is too big, we need a faster mode of transport", so it has to be introduced fairly early.

It'll be handled like Ride Pokémon in Sun/Moon and Legends, you'll be able to call it for moving around, but you won't be able to use it in battles. (Well, until it decides you're worthy and give you the opportunity to catch it)

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Glen-i said:

It'll be handled like Ride Pokémon in Sun/Moon and Legends, you'll be able to call it for moving around, but you won't be able to use it in battles. (Well, until it decides you're worthy and give you the opportunity to catch it)

Oh yeah, I totally agree that that's the direction they're going to go. I do wonder - if it is still going to be locked behind story progression - if it's going to be locked behind just completing one story path, or having to complete all three? Be interesting to see how they handle it, because I guess you don't want a case of people getting a legendary Pokémon when their entire team is of a much higher level? 

3 minutes ago, Julius said:

I do wonder - if it is still going to be locked behind story progression - if it's going to be locked behind just completing one story path, or having to complete all three? Be interesting to see how they handle it, because I guess you don't want a case of people getting a legendary Pokémon when their entire team is of a much higher level? 

Imagine this, complete one story, get your cover legendary. Complete two and get the other cover legendary. Complete all three, and you get some unrevealed legendary that's connected to the two in some way.

That'd be pretty rad! Especially if Koraidon/Miraidon can't be traded away because they're needed for overworld stuff.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Imagine this, complete one story, get your cover legendary. Complete two and get the other cover legendary. Complete all three, and you get some unrevealed legendary that's connected to the two in some way.

That'd be pretty rad! Especially if Koraidon/Miraidon can't be traded away because they're needed for overworld stuff.

rick-and-morty-morty.gif

2 hours ago, Julius said:
2 hours ago, Julius said:
  • Interesting that the legendary Pokémon will seemingly join you pretty early in your adventure? At least that's the feeling I got. 

* Treasure hunt.
;) 

2 hours ago, Dufniall said:

It was a bit silly for them to voice the teacher in the trailer, with a notice that the game won't be voiced. 

So true! Would have thought it wouldn't be too difficult to narrate the trailer in a way that would avoid this.

The best part of any Pokémon Presents is always the fan art afterwards

• Haha 3

pokemonpresents03082022roundupbanner.620x0.webp

Pokémon Presents 03/08/2022 Roundup

Full formatted press release, and video.

Check out the article for all the details.

Sign in to follow this