NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection (2023)

And my Wii U gathers a little more dust...

MegaMan.EXE, transmit!

Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection brings ten Battle Network adventures to modern platforms!

Using a unique battle system that fuses action and card-game like mechanics, join Lan and MegaMan.EXE as they work together to stop evil forces that threaten Net Society! Unleash powerful Battle Chips in combat and forge new bonds to take on unique new traits, then unleash your power in combat to delete viruses.

Featuring a music player with over 180 songs, a gallery with over 1,000 images, and an optional high-resolution filter, get ready to dive in to the Cyberworld with Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection!

Also coming to PlayStation and Steam. 

Edited by Julius

1 minute ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Best announcement of the Direct for me. I will likely pick up the PS4 version. 

@Happenstance this will be great on your Steam Deck.

I actually tried going back to Battle Network 1 a few years ago and struggled to get into it so I don't know if I'll be bothering with this. Shame because I do have fond memories of playing that original game.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Ohhhh, so this is what One Step From Eden came from.

Exactly. :D 

• Like 1

Is that ten RPG's then!? Uhhh yeah. Might have to keep an eye on this. Never played these games, but at a reasonable price, I'd be mad to not jump on the opportunity.

That screen filter is a crime against nature.  Thank goodness you can disable it!

3 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Is that ten RPG's then!? Uhhh yeah. Might have to keep an eye on this. Never played these games, but at a reasonable price, I'd be mad to not jump on the opportunity.

It's "Ten RPGs" if you count all the different Pokemon esc version variants.  In reality, it's 6 games.

Edited by Dcubed

17 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

It's "Ten RPGs" if you count all the different Pokemon esc version variants.  In reality, it's 6 games.

Oh, only 6? Won't bother then...

I wonder how they'll handle the version exclusives then? Will it be possible to get everything on one file? 

7 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Oh, only 6? Won't bother then...

I wonder how they'll handle the version exclusives then? Will it be possible to get everything on one file? 

With the Wii U VC releases, they actually made all the version and multiplayer exclusive cards available via newly added cheat codes in the game's menu (implemented as an actual ROM hack, not via the emulator).

They also added some (but not all) of the previously e-reader exclusive content in as well.

I would expect the ROMs in this collection to be the Wii U VC versions.

The real question here however... is will it support multiplayer or not.  MMBN actually has quite the competitive scene these days, so adding local or even online multiplayer officially would be a pretty big deal.

Edited by Dcubed
  • Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this