NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

Persona 5 Royal, Persona 4 Golden, and Persona 3 Portable are coming to the Switch! (P5R - 21st October 2022)

Been having a good time on P3P. That roadblock in Tartarus opened up and I battled onwards and upwards until I reached an encounter that I didn't feel I'd the tools to figure out, so having picked up Brass Knuckles which were equipable by no one in my party, I thought it was a good sign to bail out and press on with the story and see who'd be joining. I've had plenty of joy with the monk class/ martial artist vocation and their equivalents in other RPGs, so I was looking forward to what it would add here. I was hoping Mitsuru'd ditch her support role and jump in to do the fist-fighting... but it's not to be. Glad to see you're allowed four party members so I didn't have to drop Junpei or Yukari yet. Unfortunately, the cop shop isn't selling anything that nullifies wind so I might just have to tough it out with that encounter. Maybe just having four characters will make the difference.

Hopped back into Tartarus to try out the brawler and get them up to speed (they're like 4-5 levels behind...) and do some quests for Elizabeth whose deadlines are up soon. Not sure if I'll stick with these but for now I'm enthusiastic enough about them even though it looks like I've missed out on one already.

So apparently Akihiko's sound then but I'll be keeping an eye on him all the same. The other guy, Ikutsuki seems too obvious... his wordplay comedy for sure is going to take a turn for the sinister and then it'll all go to pot and the dark hour will reign supreme.

Where I feel P5R railroads me and no matter what I opt to do, it's no doubt the least optimal use of Joker's time, here so far at least, it's like I'm more in control and I reckon my attributes and social links are already going well. Hopefully, that's not because I've just not found a lot of people and activities. :woops: Would be handy if the calendar listed all your options and meetups for each day since the game tells you this then just expects you to remember, but that must be one QoL step too far. 

The story is making it sound like a girl from another class will be joining us soon so let's see if that's a false dawn or not. Will Chihiro come out of her shell? How did things escalate so quickly with Yuko? Gonna let that one cool off for now. Can't believe I'm egging Kenji on... especially when I just wanna go to training, hang out with the old couple in the book shop and hop online with the hermit girl. Or if I put in enough hours in the student council room will it get Mitsuru's attention...? All this is the least of my worries in the simplicity of Tartarus.

Sign in to follow this