NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

Persona 5 Royal, Persona 4 Golden, and Persona 3 Portable are coming to the Switch! (P5R - 21st October 2022)

You never saw it coming..? :p

As previously announced, these are also coming to PlayStation, Xbox, Steam and Windows. 

Edited by Julius

Well bugger me! Atlus finally pulled their head out of their arse!

Hell hath frozen over! :D

4 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

You finally get to play these, @darksnowman!

Been wanting to take that prequel to Persona 5 Strikers for a spin!

Any news/ confirmation on physical release? I take nothing for granted anymore. :blush: 

4 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Well bugger me! Atlus finally pulled their head out of their arse!

Hell hath frozen over! :D

About time. I'd be very surprised if these don't do stupid numbers on the Switch. 

Looking forward to seeing a whole new group of gamers get into these. Such an amazing series. I'll be rebuying P3P and P5R on PC when they come out. Kind of interested to see what the modding community comes up for them as well. There was a pretty big P4G modpack that I used to have installed for quality of life stuff but when I switched computers I couldn't be bothered to reinstall it all.

9 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

Been wanting to take that prequel to Persona 5 Strikers for a spin!

Any news/ confirmation on physical release? I take nothing for granted anymore. :blush: 

Apparently Persona 5 R is getting a physical release according to the Atlus site. Don't know about the other ones.

• Thanks 1

Bring these to Switch was surely one of the most obvious, but correct decisions in gaming! 😃 Especially after seeing these announced for XBox I’m really pleased about this.

Now my fun quandary: I bought P5R on PS4 just a few weeks ago. Do I play it now or wait (& pay…) for the Switch release to be able to play it portably as well? 😃

What the hell's a Vita? Some kind of mobile phone?

Anyway, back to playing Cyber Sleuth on my portable console.

3 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

What the hell's a Vita? Some kind of mobile phone?

It's the inspiration for the Switch and one day the Switch may match it's library

*Runs away*

• Haha 2

Persona 5 Royal is really good! I understand the hype now.  It took me a little while to get into, and everything seemed a little overwhelming, but I’ve hit that point now where it’s got me hooked.  I think I’m about halfway through, and I’m going to stop writing so I can get back to it! 😃

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, WackerJr said:

Persona 5 Royal is really good! I understand the hype now.  It took me a little while to get into, and everything seemed a little overwhelming, but I’ve hit that point now where it’s got me hooked.  I think I’m about halfway through, and I’m going to stop writing so I can get back to it! 😃

Glad you're enjoying it! I'm still early in the game, just coming to the end of the first palace, but have liked what I have played so far! (About 10 hours)

I agree that there is a lot to take in but thankfully it shares a lot of DNA with Tokyo Mirage Sessions which I played to death, so I've managed to get to grips with it all. I think I would have definitely been a bit overwhelmed if this was my first Atlus title though lol 

• Like 1

Good to see more people getting to play this wonderful game. It's easily up there with Dragon Quest XI as one of the best JRPGs last/this/generation has to offer.

• Like 1

On 11/11/2022 at 8:56 AM, drahkon said:

Gotta echo what H-o-T says and add Yakuza: Like a Dragon to that list. :peace: 

When I finally get a new console I will definitely play it. I loved the first few hours I played via GamePass but the frame rate and load times are excruciating on my OG Xbox One S!

Happy to see they are indeed launching at a budget price.

A few other options have been added to these versions of the games.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've been prepared for £60 each so $20 each is a steal. :o If this is my rebate for the day 1ing stuff like P5S, SMT V (unopened :woops:) 13 Sentinels and P5R I'll take it.

Pretty much resigned myself to not getting 5R finished in time for 3P and 4G but I'll be voting with my wallet and getting em all the same. :yay: 

uc?export=view&id=1J4DdNNza9vAz_oeCwdk_k

The Switch. :bowdown: 
Unless profiles can be carried over to the next machine, it's going to have a tough time permanently ousting this library. Can't overstate how incredible it's been to get stuff like this on a Nintendo platform. It's been such a long time coming.

Out of Persona 3 and 4, I'm bucking my trend of playing these games in reverse order and going for P3P first. Persona 3 Portable? I'd been hoping for P3D on the 3DS but this is more like Persona 3 Docked. :D 

As to be expected, it's so far so cool. Fun and interesting to see how they got to P5 from here and of course, it's great as a standalone RPG. Looks like Mitsuru fills a sort of Futaba role but I'd rather have her in the party proper. Yes, Junpei, Tartarus does sound like toothpaste! Think we're on a similar wavelength here, haha. That health restore point outside Tartarus has given me the freedom to do several runs through the opening stratum—I don't care if the party say they're tired, the Dark Hour ends when I say it ends! Splitting up to search around is maybe something they should consider reincorporating. Wondering if demon Q&A will come into it when I get deeper. The jury's out on Akihido.

Was thinking it was just going to let me go as far as I wanted but a roadblock at floor 16 has brought my first Tartarus expedition to an early end. Hopefully it won't be long until it allows me to go higher.

If you have a Switch but you've never had any other means/inclination to play a Persona game - I really, really advise that you check out Persona 4 Golden.

It's one of the greatest RPGs ever made and I don't think you'll be disappointed. An incredible experience start to finish.

I am however a bit disappointed in the version of Persona 3 that they chose to release, they could've done so much more with it. It's well suited for the Switch though and still an amazing game.

• Like 3

Sign in to follow this