NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ashley

Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase (June 28th 15:00 CEST/14:00 BST)

14:00 BST for us Brits is pretty early for a Nintendo Direct, even if a Mini!

Might be a hint at the presence of some games the Japanese audience would be interested in? As that would be 22:00 JST (which still isn't a friendly time I guess, but much better than their typical E3 slot at 17:00 BST/01:00 JST). 

Either way, keeping expectations firmly in check. Mario + Rabbids 2, probably Persona with all the talk there has been, probably a couple of other ports too? 

Enter, Stage Right, you damn Final Fantasy Pixel Remasters :p

Edited by Julius

I think Mario and Rabbids 2 is a given at this point. I wonder if we could see the rumoured Goldeneye release shown here?

You're not getting two Directs back to back, that's just stupid.

Anyway, looking forward to Mario + Rabbids 2 and maybe some Silksong?

I suspect we'll get a Splatoon Direct in July or August and a proper Direct in Aug/September. There's so many games coming out around now they simply don't need to do a main one, imo.

Yeah, I wouldn’t expect anything significant outside of Mario & Rabbids 2.

Basically?

isleep.JPG

• Haha 1

Wasn't Monster Hunter Rise shown at a Partner Showcase?

I wouldn't say this Direct is a wash so quickly. At least I can watch it without being worried about Xenoblade spoilers.

So this time tomorrow it'll all be over, eh.

22 minutes ago, Julius said:

Either way, keeping expectations firmly in check. Mario + Rabbids 2, probably Persona with all the talk there has been, probably a couple of other ports too? 

Enter, Stage Right, you damn Final Fantasy Pixel Remasters :p

Think I'll have a look at what Persona spin-offs remain to make sure my expectations are in check.

11 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I think Mario and Rabbids 2 is a given at this point. I wonder if we could see the rumoured Goldeneye release shown here?

Pin on **Twin Peaks**

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Indeed it was. It was one of the better showcases. 

12 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

Think I'll have a look at what Persona spin-offs remain to make sure my expectations are in check

Persona Q 1 and 2 ported to Switch. :p 

Worth noting that this won't be a livestream and will be available in full once it's up.

Got to imagine Live-A-Live gets a final push here too. 

45 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I wonder if we could see the rumoured Goldeneye release shown here?

On the one hand, it would be weird that Xbox would give Nintendo such an announcement and not include it in their own showcase a couple of weeks back. 

On the other hand, I think for obvious reasons, a lot of the attention for a Goldeneye release would be tied to Nintendo, especially if it comes with something like support for the N64 Online controllers. And, maybe even more importantly, Nintendo Directs dwarfs everything else in the industry in terms of presentations when it comes to getting attention and discussion going, so it would probably be a smart move for that reason too. 

So...hopefully? :laughing:

40 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

I suspect we'll get a Splatoon Direct in July or August and a proper Direct in Aug/September. There's so many games coming out around now they simply don't need to do a main one, imo.

Yeah, I think a Splatoon 3 Direct in August would be right in line with what they've done for Xenoblade Chronicles 3, would make perfect sense. 

I think they could have easily done a proper E3-styled Direct and still had smaller Directs for XC3 and Splatoon 3, but they've just decided to go another direction, I have to imagine with Breath of the Wild's sequel in mind with it targeting Spring of next year. If we do get a Direct in September, I'd expect that to be front and centre and then also potentially get a Treehouse/Direct of its own/etc., probably even in the weeks after some impressions from the gaming press too. 

I also get why some are disappointed by this. Not enough to start throwing a childish tantrum, but besides a new shot or two when we got the delay update, we haven't seen Breath of the Wild's sequel in a year. 

Who knows how it'll go, though, they're an unpredictable bunch them Nintendo folk ::shrug:

33 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

I wouldn't say this Direct is a wash so quickly. At least I can watch it without being worried about Xenoblade spoilers.

I think you're right on that, and wasn't Monster Hunter Stories 2 also during that same Partner Showcase? Ori and the Will of the Wisps shadow dropped too if I'm remembering right, it was a solid turnout. 

I have to imagine a lot of the pessimism, for lack of a better word springing to mind right now, stems back to that first Partner Showcase in July 2020 being very poor besides SMT V finally stepping back into the limelight - it was only 10 minutes long, and you've got to add on that everyone was probably a bit miffed at us not getting an E3 Direct only to get this. I think it really just shows the importance of clear messaging and first impressions, because I think the Partner Showcase in September (with Monster Hunter Rise), while still short of a Direct proper for obvious reasons, was much better. They got it "wrong" the second time around too (they had one in August which I just had to look up and it is nothing), but then had another stronger Partner Showcase in October that same year. 

It's anyone's guess how this one goes, but I want to be optimistic just because of the time it's releasing, it's clearly with Japan in mind. Fingers crossed that means something and I don't find out for the first time tomorrow that it's actually just because Japan is stir crazy about Goldeneye :p

Edited by Julius
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Persona Q 1 and 2 ported to Switch. :p 

I'll take em!

The hope that would give for Etrian Odyssey would be unbearable. :weep: 

17 minutes ago, Julius said:

On the one hand, it would be weird that Xbox would give Nintendo such an announcement and not include it in their own showcase a couple of weeks back. 

On the other hand, I think for obvious reasons, a lot of the attention for a Goldeneye release would be tied to Nintendo, especially if it comes with something like support for the N64 Online controllers. And, maybe even more importantly, Nintendo Directs dwarfs everything else in the industry in terms of presentations when it comes to getting attention and discussion going, so it would probably be a smart move for that reason too. 

So...hopefully? :laughing:

Mate if I see a Pierce Brosnan or Natalya amiibo I will hunt you down.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

james-bond-goldeneye.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, Julius said:

Worth noting that this won't be a livestream and will be available in full once it's up.

Got to imagine Live-A-Live gets a final push here too. 

Live A Live is first party published, so it might not be here...

37 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

I want this amiibo

EeMMusvUMAADmWq.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Live A Live is first party published, so it might not be here...

Haven't we seen other first-party published titles at previous Partner Showcases before? I think Bravely Default 2 and Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity have both shown up before, and wasn't there also Fitness Boxing 2? 

At the risk of getting into semantics a bit here, I'd generally still consider a game developed by a third-party but published by a first-party to be a third-party game, like Mario+Rabbids for example. Probably some exceptions to that though, such as when you get third parties working games from the start which are commissioned by a first-party. 

I guess we'll see, I'd just like the game to get a final push before launch, even if it is being sent out to die against Xenoblade :p

Classic Ubisoft. 

Don't really know what to expect from tomorrow's presentation, besides Mario + Rabbids and the supposed Red Dead port, everything else should hopefully be a surprise. 

All the talk of Capcom reminded me of that rumoured Switch exclusive Resident Evil so it'd be cool to see that get revealed but I won't be surprised if it doesn't show up

17 hours ago, Ashley said:

I want this amiibo

EeMMusvUMAADmWq.png

Nice to see you're keeping Onatopp of things.

Remember when DK mode was all the rage? ISS 64 and/or 98 had a big head mode cheat. Get them on the N64 NSO Konami! Symphony of the Night would be good too.

10 hours ago, Dcubed said:

Getting that out of the way so we can focus on the incoming Rabbids platformer and Splinter Cell trilogy. :cool: 

I was interested in this just to see some multiplat 3rd party titles, but then I noticed "Partner" in the title.

So...have fun, people. I'm out :p 

• Haha 1

Gotta love consistency I guess (this was about the Rabbids leak btw)

8 minutes ago, drahkon said:

I was interested in this just to see some multiplat 3rd party titles, but then I noticed "Partner" in the title.

So...have fun, people. I'm out :p 

Nice to know I'm not the only one with commitment issues :p

nose-tap-taps-nose-nose-tap.gif

Spoiler

I jest of course...

AcclaimedEnormousKakarikis-max-1mb.gif

Honestly, I completely forgot this was today until I saw the thread bumped. I just hope I come away with interest in picking up at least one game! 

• Haha 1

Wasn't expecting a release date for DQ Treasures (9th Dec) so that was a nice surprise.

Interested in the Mega Man Battle Network collection as well.

P3P, P4G and P5R. Looks like the long game I've been playing is going to pay off after all these years. I'll take all three, thanks!

Nier is supposed to be good, isn't it? Might have to look into it.

Gonna need more info on DQ Treasures too. :) 

21 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

Nier is supposed to be good, isn't it? Might have to look into it.

Good is an understatement. That game is incredible. I just hope the Switch port does the game justice.

I thought that was a pretty good show in the end.

Have been meaning to pick up Nier for ages on Playstation but never got round to it, it's going to be £34.99 apparently so there isn't too much of a Switch tax so I might well pick it up at launch. It did look a little blurry in the trailer but it seems like it runs quite smoothly.

Definitely going to be getting Persona 5 Royal though, that's a game I held off on playing because of the length, figuring it would make more sense to play on Switch, so I'm glad it's finally getting a release - the port looks pretty good too, doesn't seem like there's a noticeable drop in visual quality but I suppose it did start out life as a PS3 game so the Switch shouldn't really have a problem running it.

Sign in to follow this