NEurope
Julius

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Direct (Wednesday 22nd June 2022 @ 15:00 BST)

Well...not quite what we were hoping for, but not exactly unexpected? Seems like we've seen so little of this considering that it's out at the end of next month. 

UK stream link:

Edited by Julius
  • Thanks 1

Oh snap! I need to get to Era and see the meltdown on how it's not a regular Direct!

Anyway, neat. I'll probably give it a miss though. I'm already sold, so want to go in as blind as possible.

Yeah, same here @Glen-i, I don't need to see any more of the game - the fact that it exists and is coming out in little over a month is all the info that I need

11 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

So much for the mythical E3 Direct then...

The rumours of a proper direct said it would be happening on June 29th - this Xenoblade one happening doesn't really have any bearing on whether that one happens or not, just means if there is a proper direct that Xenoblade won't get much screen time. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, killthenet said:

The rumours of a proper direct said it would be happening on June 29th - this Xenoblade one happening doesn't really have any bearing on whether that one happens or not, just means if there is a proper direct that Xenoblade won't get much screen time. 

You're not getting two Directs back to back, that's just stupid.

If they wanted to show off Xenoblade 3 in a Direct, they would've just put the content into the supposed E3 Direct.  The truth is that there is no E3 Direct.

12 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

You're not getting two Directs back to back, that's just stupid.

If they wanted to show off Xenoblade 3 in a Direct, they would've just put the content into the supposed E3 Direct.  The truth is that there is no E3 Direct.

They've done it before, haven't they? Having two directs in close proximity, it isn't exactly unheard of, but I'm not saying there's definitely going to be a full scale Direct, just that the existence of one focusing on a deep dive into Xenoblade (an enormous RPG that's coming out in little over a month) doesn't automatically mean there won't be a general Nintendo Direct coming soon. I'm not holding my breath for one, I won't be disappointed and raging if there isn't a Direct on the 29th (Nintendo 'leakers' aren't exactly the most reliable in the world) I just wanted to point out that it's not entirely out of the realms of possibility to have two Directs in the space of a week.

Edited by killthenet

39 minutes ago, killthenet said:

They've done it before, haven't they? Having two directs in close proximity, it isn't exactly unheard of, but I'm not saying there's definitely going to be a full scale Direct, just that the existence of one focusing on a deep dive into Xenoblade (an enormous RPG that's coming out in little over a month) doesn't automatically mean there won't be a general Nintendo Direct coming soon. I'm not holding my breath for one, I won't be disappointed and raging if there isn't a Direct on the 29th (Nintendo 'leakers' aren't exactly the most reliable in the world) I just wanted to point out that it's not entirely out of the realms of possibility to have two Directs in the space of a week.

Don't let a bit of measured common sense get in the way of people jumping to conclusions, knee-jerk reacting and stating things as if they were fact. Nintendo have absolutely done back to back presentations, or ones very close to each other. It's usually a Smash presentation or an indie showcase, but in 2019 they had a Pokemon specific Direct one week, and an E3 one the next. Same as 2017 with a Dragon Quest XI Direct.

Who knows if that'll actually happen this year, but the Xenoblade 3 doesn't rule anything out.

3 hours ago, Dcubed said:

So much for the mythical E3 Direct then...

Well there's your problem! There's no E3 this year, didn't you hear? :p

2 hours ago, Dcubed said:

Eh, we've had Directs before which had a "focus" on a game, and the game still ended up with its own Direct. Didn't this happen before with Xenoblade Chronicles 2? It's 20 minutes long and focused on a niche and not exactly mechanically simple game, I can absolutely see the benefit of them having a Direct focused on this prior to a more general Direct, as in that Direct they can then go "go watch last week's/month's Direct for more details, oh also just a reminder that it's out at the end of the month" sort of deal. 

It saves all of us complaining about Xenoblade taking up 15-20 minutes of a 40 minute Direct, that's for sure :p

Anyways, I'm inclined to agree with @killthenet. No idea if one is happening next week on the 29th as rumoured, but I'd be very surprised if we didn't get a Direct before this game launched, and so next week on the 29th is as likely as a number of other dates in that period when a more general Direct could drop. It could just as likely not happen, but I don't think this is a sign one way or the other. 

For a company which seems hell-bent on being increasingly unpredictable, illogical, and the Kings of Left Field, I don't think any level of logic can be applied to predict their next move with much accuracy beyond vague and general sweeping statements ::shrug:

I do wonder who they're aiming at with a dedicated Direct here though, I feel like a lot of those buying the game are going to steer clear/know what to expect anyways? 

Edited by Julius

Yep, I'll pass on this Direct as well, as I'll be ordering it (the CE) anyway.

I will probably be tempted but will do my best to avoid watching to go into the game as blind as possible.

Have still managed to resist last set of trailers :)

Loved the first two, and won't mind getting spoiled a bit as long as I can build up my hype for the game. At the moment I'm not really feeling it, so getting some hype going will be good. less than 10 minutes to go!

FV3PyL3WAAAJ3xn?format=jpg&name=large

JFC, Nintendo seriously are gonna wait until March 2024 to release Switch 2 aren't they?

This is ridiculous! Switch will be 7 years old by then!!!

1.5 years of DLC support for a game launching this late into the Switch's lifecycle is absolutely insane!!

Edited by Dcubed

The two swords on the side of that artwork are the Monado from Future Connected, and the Aegis Sword from Xenoblade 2.

Gee, I wonder who the 2 hero characters are!?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

JFC, Nintendo seriously are gonna wait until March 2024 to release Switch 2 aren't they?

This is ridiculous! Switch will be 7 years old by then!!!

It's almost as if they've told us over and over exactly that.

Nov 2021: "the Switch is at the mid-point of its lifecycle"

Feb 2022: "The Switch is going to exceed traditional hardware cycles"

Ultra-conservative Nintendo keeping one of the most successful products on the market for as long as possible? Who'd have thought.

2 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

It's almost as if they've told us over and over exactly that.

Nov 2021: "the Switch is at the mid-point of its lifecycle"

Feb 2022: "The Switch is going to exceed traditional hardware cycles"

Ultra-conservative Nintendo keeping one of the most successful products on the market for as long as possible? Who'd have thought.

As if Nintendo would ever publicly say that the Switch is at the end of its life before they've announced a successor...

Half the reason why they failed with the transition from Wii to Wii U was because they waited too long to replace the Wii.  They're making the same bloody mistake again!

xenobladechronicles3nintendodirectroundupbanner.620x0.webp

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Direct Roundup

Now up on the main page...

Press release and video.

Edited by S.C.G

As if Nintendo would ever publicly say that the Switch is at the end of its life before they've announced a successor...

Of course they wouldn't. But they would happily offer specifics, if said specifics were true.

My point is I don't know why you're so surprised when they've been saying over and over they want the Switch to last longer than most console generations in the past.

Half the reason why they failed with the transition from Wii to Wii U was because they waited too long to replace the Wii.  They're making the same bloody mistake again!

Wii popularity fell off a cliff early. The Switch is still incredibly popular. You can't compare the two cases. Not to mention there's a long list of reasons why the Wii U failed, but 'waiting so long to release it' would be at the bottom.

Didn't watch the direct and trying to avoid news from it in case of spoilers, but I did see an expansion was announced.

Anyone able to give any non-spoiler details on it?

Release? Cost? Did they say if it will include an extra story like Torna or Future Connected?

If get early does it give any bonuses for main game?

10 minutes ago, Mokong said:

Didn't watch the direct and trying to avoid news from it in case of spoilers, but I did see an expansion was announced.

Release? Cost? Did they say if it will include an extra story like Torna or Future Connected?

Scroll up and look at Dcubed's post. :p 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Mokong said:

Spoiler-free details...

• Release Date - July 29, 2022
  • Cost - £49.99 (Game) £26.99 (Expansion)
  • Expansion includes a new story scenario
  • The content will include...
  • Helpful items
  • New outfits/color variants
  • Challenge battles
  • New quests
  • New Hero characters
  • Thanks 1