NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

Crisis Core –Final Fantasy VII– Reunion (13th December 2022)

Time to see why everyone likes Zack more than Cloud!

His legacy, gave life to FINAL FANTASY VII. 

Since its original release in 2007, CRISIS CORE -FINAL FANTASY has received wide acclaim for its deep and emotional story. This new version enhances the graphics to HD and updates all of the 3D models in the game. Full voiceovers and new music arrangements present this epic tale of strife and heroism, presenting FINAL FANTASY VIl in a brand-new light. Enjoy a more beautiful and accessible CRISIS CORE, going way beyond just a simple HD remaster.

Edited by Julius
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

H-o-T is happy. :D 

Full voiceovers will make me play this again. I hope I'll enjoy it more than the PSP version.

So wait, they're releasing this on Switch, but not FF VII Remake?

It's Persona 5 Strikers all over again!

EDIT: Oh, XBox isn't even getting Remake before this either? That's even funnier!

Edited by Glen-i
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Glen-i said:

So wait, they're releasing this on Switch, but not FF VII Remake?

It's Persona 5 Strikers all over again!

It's definitely odd that they decide to release spin-offs on Switch first, but I think it's just a side effect of the Switch doing so well in Japan when more traditional consoles aren't, so anything that can run on it is thrown it's way by publishers over there

Persona 5 came out on PS3 too, so while I'm sure it'd take some work, I think it could very feasibly run on the Switch. And if you want to believe recent internet chatter, it's coming. 

Whereas VII Remake would risk burning your house down just being in the same room as a Switch, let alone trying to run on the thing :p

8 minutes ago, Julius said:

It's definitely odd that they decide to release spin-offs on Switch first, but I think it's just a side effect of the Switch doing so well in Japan when more traditional consoles aren't, so anything that can run on it is thrown it's way by publishers over there

Persona 5 came out on PS3 too, so while I'm sure it'd take some work, I think it could very feasibly run on the Switch. And if you want to believe recent internet chatter, it's coming. 

Whereas VII Remake would risk burning your house down just being in the same room as a Switch, let alone trying to run on the thing :p

I mean, yeah. It makes perfect sense in the Switch's case, but then you look at XBox owners, who I imagine are more like...

4ea.jpg

That's just a slap in the face for them. It's funny, seeing as XBox is doing surprisingly well in Japan for once.

Persona 5 still not being on Switch is just Atlus being Atlus, they're weird with what platforms they go for. Switch can run The Witcher and Dragon Quest XI, it can totally handle P5.

3 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

I mean, yeah. It makes perfect sense in the Switch's case, but then you look at XBox owners, who I imagine are more like...

4ea.jpg

That's just a slap in the face for them. It's funny, seeing as XBox is doing surprisingly well in Japan for once.

Yeah, I genuinely thought that Remake was going to get announced either tonight at VII's 25th Anniversary Celebration stream or at Xbox's Showcase on Sunday.

My line of thinking was always that it came out on PS4 with a year of exclusivity, Intergrade last year basically got them to re-up with PlayStation for another year of console exclusivity, and then this year after the Intergrade exclusivity was over - and after being paid twice by PlayStation for exclusivity - that they'd cash out this month with Xbox and bring it to Game Pass ASAP, similar to how they got exclusivity on PC with the Epic Games Store but have now announced a Steam release.

But I guess not ::shrug: hate to be the one to suggest it, but at this point I think there's been a lot of shady backdoor dealing here by PlayStation with the above not happening. Now I'm of the opinion that I don't think Xbox are getting it until Rebirth is out at best, or at worst just not getting it at all/until the entire Remake project is completed.

3 hours ago, Julius said:

But I guess not ::shrug: hate to be the one to suggest it, but at this point I think there's been a lot of shady backdoor dealing here by PlayStation with the above not happening. Now I'm of the opinion that I don't think Xbox are getting it until Rebirth is out at best, or at worst just not getting it at all/until the entire Remake project is completed.

Yep, I'm inclined to agree with you at this point. A shame too, because I was hoping for a Game Pass release of Remake, because it looks legitimately fun.

I've never actually played Crisis Core, mostly because I'm quite wary of Final Fantasy spin-offs, but discount this enough and I might bite.

Edited by Glen-i
Weary is a very different word to wary

Genuinely surprised that it seems to be a full remake.  Was expecting just a remaster of the PSP original!

Makes the lack of FF7R on Switch all the more egregious (and all the more obvious a result of a Sony moneyhat).

Edited by Dcubed

9 hours ago, drahkon said:

H-o-T is happy. :D 

Indeed I am. It's one of my favourite Final Fantasy games.

It's great that this is finally being freed from the PSP and more people will now get to play it. 

• Like 2

I don't think I ever managed to play Crisis Core, even on emulation so it'll be nice to play this.

So I saw this thread on Era asking why Crisis Core is so funny. And I'm starting to think I might have missed out on not playing it.

Someone on Twitter described Crisis Core as a normal guy surrounded entirely by anime and reacting to it accordingly and that is surprisingly accurate

To those of you who has played it, is it really as ridiculous as this? Because it might have sold me more on this game then anything else ever.

Hope this remake keeps the same tone now...

Glad to see Crisis Core make its way to a Nintendo console at last. I expected it to get the 3DS treatment but Switch will do nicely enough. Looking forward to it. :yay: 

Provided the trail hasn't gone too cold, I wouldn't mind getting back to FF VII on Switch and finishing that file off before CC comes around. Last thing I remember is stopping off to (unnecessarily) level up. Can't remember what point that was at. :D 

Lovely stuff.

I'm still dubious whether this is actually going to launch this year. The fact that they keep saying Winter gives them some wiggle room to push it to the start of 2023.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I'm still dubious whether this is actually going to launch this year. The fact that they keep saying Winter gives them some wiggle room to push it to the start of 2023.

Yeah, I've been thinking the same, and definitely seen a lot of confusion over this and Rebirth getting released in "Winter". Like, just stick a quarter on it, is it Q4 or Q1?! :D

Seeing those American folks get in a tizzy about when winter takes place has been very funny, but I just feel sorry for the Australians in all of this :laughing:

• Haha 1

Some new details from IGN and Eurogamer:

Eurogamer's update seems especially important :p

Performance on the Switch was not elaborated on in the same detail as other platforms; Sato has just said that there will be "differences" in resolution and FPS on the Switch. 

Edited by Julius

French site Cdiscount may have potentially leaked the game's release date as being 13th December 2022? 

CCFF7R: "Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII Reunion" on the site of France's largest EC mall "Cdiscount"
It seems that the release date is listed as 12/13. I don't know the actual release date, but I wonder if it will be released this year?

Dragon Quest Treasures releases 9th December, so that would seem to be a bit too close, but then again, Square Enix have been releasing games like crazy this year. Heck, towards the end of September they have DioField Chronicle releasing on the 20th before Valkyrie Elysium drops on the 29th. 

It's also totally possible that this could be a human error for ye olde faithful placeholder date of 31st December being put in as 13th December.

Either way, guess we'll just have to wait and see! 

8 minutes ago, Ike said:

So this isn’t a Cloud (ahem) version?

Thankfully, no.

I'd say I hope they learned their lesson after Kingdom Hearts, but this is Square, so who knows?

19 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Thankfully, no.

I'd say I hope they learned their lesson after Kingdom Hearts, but this is Square, so who knows?

Well if they get it running well on Switch than I'll be impressed.

Cover art.
Fcixv-hXEAEokAz?format=jpg&name=large

A kind of strange and fourth wall breaking poster I'd say. Cloud was a bit of a scrub in this game really, it's like they're saying "Yeah we know this guy is gonna be important, so let's slap him on there."

25 minutes ago, Jonnas said:

Cloud is also wearing the wrong attire for the time this game takes place in.

Wait, wait. So the implication here is that Square couldn't be bothered to tweak Cloud's Remake render for that?

Because that's hilarious!

Sign in to follow this