NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

The Last of Us Part I (2nd September 2022)

Posted (edited)

Early review scores are in:

And the Digital Foundry tech review is a beefy 50 minutes long:

EDIT: watched the Digital Foundry review earlier, in which John kind of squashed any questions over the effort put into this remake. It looks spectacular. Definitely a couple of things I'll be keeping an eye out for when I play through it myself, though. 

I'm still not a fan of Joel's look, especially his hair; it just looks way too light compared to his original look, much more a light brown than a rougher mix like it was before.  There are also a few times in the DF review where John mentions a focus on natural lighting, but didn't really mention the fact that Naughty Dog have changed the lighting in some scenarios entirely by punching a very literal hole in the ceiling which wasn't there before (as shown in some side-by-side shots comparing it to Remastered in the review), so that's something I'll be keeping an eye on too. The atmosphere and tone is something I'm a little worried about, as the muddy greens, greys and browns that the original game felt like it was built on - in the ground and in hazy areas - seem to be pretty much gone. 

Edited by Julius

2 hours ago, drahkon said:

Made a topic about this here as I figured it's probably best to separate it

(Well Happenstance posted it in the TV thread and I spun it off into it's own topic if we want to be technical)

Naughty Dog have been having fun recreating popular gigs/memes with the game engine.

giphy.gif

abcl48dkn7q91.gif

vx5qm7dkn7q91.gif

80buptdkn7q91.gif

k6tuaxdkn7q91.gif

giphy.gif?cid=790b76117df318a863c57e03ce

giphy.gif

Amazing. :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

giphy.gif

Love it :D 

All of them are hilarious :laughing: 

I honestly don't know why they bother making games. They should just recreate memes 24/7.

Sign in to follow this