NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

All-new PlayStation Plus: Premium / Deluxe | Extra | Essential

Will downgrade from Premium if I don't get any PS1/2 stuff next month. Pretty much why i'm paying for it.

Will downgrade from Premium if I don't get any PS1/2 stuff next month. Pretty much why i'm paying for it.
This is like the opposite of Nintendo. Everyone complaining they aren't bringing newer consoles onto their catalogue, and Sony have the opposite problem.
  • Haha 2

https://www.polygon.com/23434321/playstation-plus-subscribers-down-2022-earnings

In its latest set of financial results, Sony has revealed that PlayStation Plus lost nearly 2 million subscribers between July and September 2022, following its relaunch in June.

The number of people subscribing to the service fell from 47.3 to 45.4 million after Sony added tiers to the service, which at its most basic level offers online gaming, additional features like cloud saves, and a handful of free games a month. The new tiers provide access to a large catalog of PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 games at Extra level, and to classic games and game streaming at the Premium level.

It’s not all bad news for Sony. Despite the number of PlayStation Plus users declining — and overall monthly active users also going down, from 103 to 102 million — network services revenue, which includes PS Plus subscription revenue, increased by 10%. This is presumably due in part to users signing up for higher tiers.

In comments during an earnings call, transcribed by VGC, Sony chief financial officer Hiroki Totoki admitted that “there hasn’t been a great momentum as a whole” for the renewed service. He allowed that Sony hadn’t aggressively promoted it and predicted a recovery following “better promotions” in the future.

Well deserved.  The way that they treated Premium subscribers with the PS1/PS2/PSP catalogue is a joke.

Edited by Dcubed

I was one of them. I'll no doubt sign up again at some point but I didn't feel the need to renew once my subscription was finished.

The handling of the premium tier has been a joke but the tier below is decent for those wanting a large selection of games to play.

Back to the premium side of things, Sony just don't seem to care about their legacy systems. The PS2 games on PS4 started off great but then quickly got dropped. The PS1 Classic was a mess and now you have the premium subscription titles either being half baked or completely absent. Seriously, where the hell is Dino Crisis. :p 

• Thanks 1

Revenue went up by 10% though. I doubt they'll be crying themselves to sleep over it.

2457113_1.jpg

Leaks have arrived.
99.9% chance that it's the real deal given the leaker's track record.

Looks like PS+ is ending 2022 with a bang :D 

Edited by drahkon

Mass Effect Trilogy is a great addition. I've got both that and Biomutant on the shelf waiting to be played at some point. I need more time!!

Games are live (at least for me in Germany :D).

Not sure if I ever played the ME trilogy as a whole. I kind of remember playing the first one on Xbox. Might be something for after Yakuza 4.

DKO...watched some videos and it seems fun. Definitely gonna give this a try. Hopefully with some mates, too.

And then BiomutantThe "gonna wait for a super sale or PS+ addition"-game :laughing: Can't hurt to try it out, but I don't have high expectations.

d61622d5ef3a1658214c6fd4d7188dad3848b0f7

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog - Available starting December 20.

• WWE 2K22 | PS4 - available on January 3 2023
  • Far Cry 5 | PS4
  • Far Cry New Dawn | PS4
  • Far Cry Primal | PS4
  • Mortal Shell | PS4, PS5
  • Judgment | PS4, PS5
  • Yakuza: Like a Dragon | PS4, PS5
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life | PS4
  • Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor | PS4
  • Middle-Earth: Shadow of War | PS4
  • The Pedestrian | PS4, PS5
  • Evil Genius 2 | PS4, PS5
  • Adventure Time Pirates of the Enchiridion | PS4
  • Ben 10: Power Trip | PS4, PS5
  • Gigantosaurus The Game | PS4
  • Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire – Ultimate Edition | PS4
  • Worms W.M.D | PS4
  • The Escapists 2 | PS4

PlayStation Plus Premium | Classics

• Ridge Racer 2 | PSP
  • Heavenly Sword | PS3
  • Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus | PS1
  • Pinball Heroes | PSP

Awww yeah, finally get to try out Judgment. And of course Yakuza 6: The Song of Life (gotta play Yakuza 5 before that, though).
Other than that I'm interested in Mortal ShellThe Pedestrian

Edited by drahkon

Couldn't care less for Star Wars and Fallout 76.

But Axiom Verge 2 seems like a nice little game.

I still have to beat the first one :D Maybe it's time to whip out my trusty old PSVita.

6 minutes ago, martinist said:

Forgot to cancel and Sony took my £100. Guess i'm sticking with this for a year.

Why don't you just turn off auto-renew?
You should do it right now...you get to keep the sub and it won't renew in a year.

• Like 1

FmNC5m-WIAU0BJj?format=jpg

Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition

Of course, 2 days after I've picked up my copy. You're welcome everyone :p

PS Extra:

Back 4 Blood | PS4, PS5
Dragon Ball FighterZ | PS4
Devil May Cry 5: Special Edition | PS5
Devil May Cry 5 | PS4
Life is Strange: Before the Storm | PS4
Life is Strange | PS4
Sayonara Wild Hearts | PS4
Jett: The Far Shore | PS4, PS5
Just Cause 4: Reloaded | PS4, PS5
Just Cause 4 | PS4
Omno | PS4
Erica | PS4

PlayStation Premium | Classics

Syphon Filter 3 | PS1
Star Wars Demolition | PS1
Hot Shots Golf 2 | PS1

Well, well, well. Another great month. DMC5 is obviously amazing.
Definitely gonna give Sayonara Wild Hearts, Jett: The Far Shore and Just Cause 4: Reloaded a go.

Honestly can't complain about the classics this month. I'll eventually play all the Syphon Filter games that are on the sub so the third one being added is nice. Hot Shots Golf 2 is on my list, too. Still need to play the first one, though.

Anyways, the DMC5 thingy is tad annoying, but thanks to an offer I got that and Far Cry 6 for 20€ total. So not too bad. Will give my copy to a friend who can't afford PS+ Extra so it won't go to waste.

Edited by drahkon
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, drahkon said:

You're welcome everyone :p

Can you pick up SIFU next please?

Asking for a friend... :p

• Haha 1

Just now, Julius said:

Can you pick up SIFU next please?

Asking for a friend... :p

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

Just seen that the Classics for this month are Syphon Filter 3, Star Wars Demolition and Hot Shots Golf 2. 

It's pretty crazy how much better a deal I think Extra is compared with Premium when it comes to these Classics offerings, it's such a shame ::shrug:

Just Cause 4 is a great game, Life is Strange also good. Dissapointed about the classics again though.

14 minutes ago, drahkon said:

annoyed-gif-9.gif

There's also no PS5 SKU for Just Cause 4.

PROOFREADING, ever heard of it?

Those are such...bizarre mistakes to make? 

PlayStation intern shaking off the holiday rust I guess :p

2 minutes ago, Julius said:

PlayStation intern shaking off the holiday rust I guess :p

Probably :p

I wonder if it means that Sayonara Wild Hearts will be part of February's line-up. Maybe even on PS+ Essential?
No way this is not coming to the sub when they even put it in the pic.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, drahkon said:

I wonder if it means that Sayonara Wild Hearts will be part of February's line-up. Maybe even on PS+ Essential?

No way this is not coming to the sub when they even put it in the pic.

Yeah, that was my first thought too, it's got to be a case of someone jumping the gun (right..?), so I think that's a good shout :peace:

Agreed on it potentially being a PS+ Essential title too, I actually had to double check if it had already been part of the "free" monthly games lists before but it doesn't seem like it has from a quick Google search. I'd say it absolutely fits the vibe and cost of a game that seems like it'd end up on there eventually? 

Sign in to follow this