NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

All-new PlayStation Plus: Premium / Deluxe | Extra | Essential

25 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I think the whole series was on Game Pass as well. Are they all still on there at the moment? Just wondering if they are going to be on both subscription services at the same time or once they leave one they will jump to the other?

To add to what @drahkon said, it also seems like Yakuza 0, Kiwami, and Kiwami 2 were added back to the service earlier this month after leaving in December (per VGC)? Which is honestly even weirder. 

So, basically I'm just imagining a scenario where Phil Spencer and Hermen Hulst (let's be honest Jim Ryan ain't doing the dirty work) are waiting around in the SEGA lobby and then occasionally doing this to the guy in reception, with no words exchanged: 

yakuza-zero-money-slap-animated-gif-ps4-

:laughing:

Edited by Julius
  • Haha 1

I do wonder how much money gets thrown at publishers to get their games on the service. With gaming subscription services (sadly) becoming the norm, surely publishers are going to have a lot of power when sitting at the table discussing what games go where. I'm wondering what's stopping them from asking for crazy amounts of money. I mean, it's Sony and Microsoft who desperately need them to fill their services, not the other way around.

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I do wonder how much money gets thrown at publishers to get their games on the service. With gaming subscription services (sadly) becoming the norm, surely publishers are going to have a lot of power when sitting at the table discussing what games go where. I'm wondering what's stopping them from asking for crazy amounts of money. I mean, it's Sony and Microsoft who desperately need them to fill their services, not the other way around.

Given how rough the market is for traditional AAA games at the moment? And how the industry is getting swallowed up by the Great Industry Consolidation? (Original name, do not steal). I think they’d take any money they can get right now.

The publishers that will end up having negotiating power are the ones that successfully start their own competing subscription services.  That’s why you’re seeing the likes of EA & Ubisoft scrambling to come up with their own Netflix ripoffs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I need to try and find the breakdown Giant Bomb did on how game pass works at some point. It might have been an interview on a podcast but I remember it being a good explanation on how it worked and what benefit it actually gave devs.

• Thanks 1

The next selection of games has been revealed.

• Metro Exodus
  • Yakuza 0
  • Yakuza Kiwami
  • Yakuza Kiwami 2
  • Dead by Daylight
  • Ghost Recon: Wildlands
  • Trials of Mana
  • Everspace
  • UNO
  • Monopoly Madness
  • Monopoly Plus
  • Bugsnax

Classic games for the Premium tier? 

pulp-fiction-john-travolta.gif

• Sad 2

Yeah, I got PS+ Premium for no extra cost until next January but if it keeps up like this...I will stick with PS+ Extra. And oooohhhh boy has PS+ Extra been good (aside from the garbage that is The Artful Escape). 

And this month is great, too. I'll definitely play Yakuza Kiwami 2 to finally keep that story going for me :D And I will try to find out why H-o-T thinks that Trials of Mana belongs into the depths of hell :p 

Fbf3HNyWIAA_5SK?format=jpg&name=large

These are the games being added at the higher tiers on 20th September. 

Extra / Premium - Game Catalog Additions:

• Deathloop

• Assassin's Creed Origins

• Watch Dogs 2

• Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2

• Spiritfarer: Farewell Edition

• Chicory: A Colorful Tale

• Monster Energy Supercross - The Official Videogame 5

• Alex Kid in Miracle World DX

• Rabbids Invasion: The Interactive TV Show

• Rayman Legends

• Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game – Complete Edition

Premium - Classics Catalog Additions:

• Syphon Filter 2 (PS1)

• The Sly Collection (PS3)

• Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (PS3)

• Bentley's Hackpack (PS3) 

• Toy Story 3 (PSP)

• Kingdom of Paradise (PSP)

Edited by Julius

Extra still on fire.

Premium still trash.

No way I'll keep the Premium sub ::shrug: 

Yeah, Premium is hot garbage. No idea what Sony are thinking with it.

You'd think with the PR nightmare they have had in recent weeks with this service that they would throw Premium subscribers a big title. Gotta imagine that a lot of 3rd party publishers aren't playing ball. Also, where the hell is Dino Crisis? 

Looking at that list, I had to Google which tier was the expensive one.

• Haha 1

Maybe the "Playstation Plus Free Games" thread can/should be closed?
This one seems to be just fine for posting news/thoughts about all three tiers.

Anyways, looking at the list of upcoming games in PS+ Van Halen's Eruption Edition I got my "work" cut out for me:

• Watch Dogs 2
  • Dragonball Xenoverse 2
  • Spiritfarer: Farewell Edition
  • Chicory: A Colorful Tale
  • Alex Kid in Miracle World DX
  • Scott Pilgrim vs The World: The Game - Complete Edition
  • Toem
  • maybe NFS Heat (if I can deal with the 30fps limit)

CoD: MWII should be delayed so I can have more time focusing on all these games :p 

Edited by drahkon

On 31/08/2022 at 4:42 PM, Julius said:

Fbf3HNyWIAA_5SK?format=jpg&name=large

These are the games being added at the higher tiers on 20th September. 

Extra / Premium - Game Catalog Additions:

Premium - Classics Catalog Additions:

Ooooooooh, Deathloop! :hehe:

I'm quite surprised that Deathloop hasn't been announced for Game Pass yes, unless Microsoft can't announce anything until the exclusive period is over are planning on going "Deathloop is out on Xbox...now" in 10 days.

Signed up for the week trial to play Stray and Miles Morales. I wish the service was still available separately to the Online multiplayer portion of Plus (like it was under the name PS Now)

I also think announcing the games each month is confusing due to the mixture of the "add to account this month" games (old PS Plus) and the PS Now games.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

The 60hz option for PS1 games is starting to rollout.

If only there were games in the Premium sub...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, drahkon said:

If only there were games in the Premium sub...

Indeed. I wonder if they have been holding them back until this was sorted? 

1 minute ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Indeed. I wonder if they have been holding them back until this was sorted? 

I'd be very surprised, to be honest. 

Hot Wheels Unleashed?

giphy.gif

Injustice 2?

blah-michael-scott.gif

Superhot?

It's the most innovative shooter I've played in years.

The PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium Game Catalog lineup for October will be announced later this month. 

Ok? See you tomorrow? Or Friday at the latest? :D 

Edited by drahkon

I am hoping Hot Wheels makes it to GamePass. Super hot was on PS Now so I'm surprised it wasn't already on extra. Interesting game completely ruined by the obnoxious narrative.

2 minutes ago, Cube said:

Interesting game completely ruined by the obnoxious narrative.

SUPER
HOT
SUPER 
HOT

super-hot-vr.gif

bought super hot a few years ago and returned it on steam. Practicly played the entire game for free.

44 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Yet again no PS1 or PSP releases. Ridiculous.

Absolutely. :nono: 
Will definitely only go with PS+ Extra next year. 

Love the Dragon Quest onslaught coming soon. Time to give Dragon Quest Builders another go and maybe go for Dragon Quest Heroes' Platinum. Definitely going to play Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition. Only played the standard edition and never gotten the Platinum for that. Will go for it with the definitive edition for sure :D 

Wow.  Premium subscribers are getting robbed.

Literally the worst value in gaming.

Edited by Dcubed

Sign in to follow this