NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

All-new PlayStation Plus: Premium / Deluxe | Extra | Essential

0cb63e0de8f80e0c50e9d3249bd852cd27e8b541-scaled.jpg?fit=1024%2C1024

Welcome to your one-stop shop for all things related to the May/June 2022 (and beyond) PlayStation Plus overhaul! I figured with a vast and updating catalog of games to track, multiple subscription tiers, and a glut of new info, a dedicated thread could be helpful. See the end of this post for a selection of games planned to be included in the launch catalogs for this overhauled PlayStation Plus. 

Regional rollout schedule:

• Asia (excluding Japan) - 24th May 2022
  • Japan - 2nd June 2022
  • Americas - 13th June 
  • Europe, Australia, New Zealand - 23rd June 2022

Subscription tiers and pricing structure:

PlayStation Plus Essential will continue to provide the same benefits that PlayStation Plus members get today: two monthly downloadable games, exclusive discounts, cloud storage for saved games, and online multiplayer access. There will be no changes for existing PlayStation Plus members at this tier. 

The pricing structure for Essential is as follows:

• United States - $9.99 monthly / $24.99 quarterly / $59.99 yearly
  • Europe - €8.99 monthly / €24.99 quarterly / €59.99 yearly
  • United Kingdom - £6.99 monthly / £19.99 quarterly / £49.99 yearly 
  • Japan - ¥850 monthly / ¥2,150 quarterly / ¥5,143 yearly

PlayStation Plus Extra will provide all of the benefits from the Essential tier, as well as a catalog of 400+ PS4 and PS5 titles, including first-party titles from PlayStation Studios and third-party partners. Games in this tier will be downloadable to play. Also announced today by Ubisoft is that a new Ubisoft+ subscription service called Ubisoft+ Classics will launch with 27 titles as part of PlayStation Plus from its overhaul starting at this tier, expanding to 50 titles by the end of 2022. 

The pricing structure for Extra is as follows:

• United States - $14.99 monthly / $39.99 quarterly / $99.99 yearly
  • Europe - €13.99 monthly / €39.99 quarterly / €99.99 yearly
  • United Kingdom - £10.99 monthly / £31.99 quarterly / £83.99 yearly 
  • Japan - ¥1,300 monthly / ¥3,600 quarterly / ¥8,600 yearly

PlayStation Plus Premium* will provide all of the benefits from the Essential and Extra tiers, as well as an additional 340+ games, split between PS3 titles available via cloud streaming and a catalog of classics - available to stream or to download - from the PS1, PS2 and PSP console libraries. It also includes time-limited game trials for select titles. 

The pricing structure for Premium is as follows:

• United States - $17.99 monthly / $49.99 quarterly / $119.99 yearly
  • Europe - €16.99 monthly / €49.99 quarterly / €119.99 yearly
  • United Kingdom - £13.49 monthly / £39.99 quarterly / £99.99 yearly 
  • Japan - ¥1,550 – monthly / ¥4,300 – quarterly / ¥10,250 yearly

*PlayStation Plus Deluxe will be the highest tier available for markets without cloud streaming. It will be offered at a lower price compared to Premium (local pricing will vary by market), and is essentially Premium without the ability to stream PS3 titles: it will have all of the benefits of the Essential and Extra tiers, and include the catalog of PS1, PS2 and PSP titles, as well as time-limited game trials. 

Other important details:

• The games available in the PlayStation Plus games catalog will be refreshed on a regular basis:
    • For those at the Essential tier (and at higher tiers), a monthly refresh will occur on the first Tuesday of the month, with new PS5 and PS5 games added to the service - the same as what PlayStation Plus members get today. 
    • For those at the Premium/Deluxe and Extra tiers, an additional monthly refresh will occur in the middle of each month. The number of games refreshed will vary per month. 
  • Players who have previously purchased digital versions of select games from the PS1 and PSP libraries (i.e. on PS3, PSP, or Vita) will not have to make a separate purchase or sign up to PlayStation Plus to play these titles on PS4 or PS5. When these titles are released for PS4 and PS5, players can head to the PlayStation Store and download a version for the consoles at no extra cost if they already own the digital version of the title. In addition, some of these titles will also be available for individual purchase. 
  • For select PS1 and PSP titles, a new user interface has been integrated, with menus which will allow you to save your game at any time, or even rewind the game if you want a do-over. 
  • For the time-limited game trials included in the Premium tier, you can play most of the included titles for two hours - the playtime counter will only count while you are in the game. Any trophies and game save date from the trial will carry forward if you choose to purchase the game. 

Game catalogs at launch:

Included in the below spoiler tag are a selection of PS4 and PS5 titles which will be available at launch to players at the Extra and Premium/Deluxe tiers.

Note: titles with an asterisk * are to be included as part of Ubisoft+ Classics, another benefit announced today for players at the Extra and Premium/Deluxe tiers. 

Spoiler

PlayStation Studios

• Alienation | Housemarque, PS4
  • Bloodborne | FromSoftware, PS4
  • Concrete Genie | Pixelopus, PS4
  • Days Gone | Bend Studio, PS4
  • Dead Nation Apocalypse Edition | Housemarque, PS4
  • Death Stranding and Death Stranding Director’s Cut | Kojima Productions, PS4/PS5
  • Demon’s Souls | Bluepoint Games,  PS5
  • Destruction AllStars | Lucid Games, PS5
  • Everybody’s Golf | Japan Studio, PS4
  • Ghost Of Tsushima Director’s Cut | Sucker Punch, PS4/ PS5
  • God of War | Santa Monica Studio, PS4
  • Gravity Rush 2 | Japan Studio, PS4
  • Gravity Rush Remastered | Japan Studio, PS4
  • Horizon Zero Dawn | Guerrilla, PS4
  • Infamous First Light | Sucker Punch, PS4
  • Infamous Second Son | Sucker Punch, PS4
  • Knack | Japan Studio, PS4
  • LittleBigPlanet 3 | Sumo Digital, PS4
  • LocoRoco Remastered | Japan Studio, PS4
  • LocoRoco 2 Remastered | Japan Studio, PS4
  • Marvel’s Spider-Man | Insomniac Games, PS4
  • Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales | Insomniac Games, PS4/PS5
  • Matterfall |Housemarque, PS4
  • MediEvil | Other Ocean, PS4
  • Patapon Remastered | Japan Studio, PS4
  • Patapon 2 Remastered | Japan Studio, PS4
  • Resogun | Housemarque, PS4
  • Returnal | Housemarque, PS5
  • Shadow of the Colossus | Japan Studio,  PS4
  • Tearaway Unfolded |Media Molecule, PS4
  • The Last Guardian | Japan Studio, PS4
  • The Last of Us Remastered | Naughty Dog, PS4
  • The Last of Us: Left Behind | Naughty Dog, PS4
  • Until Dawn | Supermassive Games, PS4
  • Uncharted The Nathan Drake Collection |Naughty Dog, PS4
  • Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End | Naughty Dog, PS4
  • Uncharted: The Lost Legacy | Naughty Dog, PS4
  • WipEout Omega Collection | Clever Beans & Creative Vault Studios, PS4

Third Party-Partners

• Ashen | Annapurna Interactive,PS4
  • Assassin’s Creed Valhalla* | Ubisoft, PS4/PS5
  • Batman: Arkham Knight | WB Games, PS4
  • Celeste | Maddy Makes Games, PS4
  • Cities: Skylines | Paradox Interactive, PS4
  • Control: Ultimate Edition | 505 Games, PS4/PS5
  • Dead Cells| Motion Twin, PS4
  • Far Cry 3 Remaster* | Ubisoft, PS4
  • Far Cry 4* | Ubisoft, PS4
  • Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition | Square Enix Co. LTD, PS4
  • For Honor* | Ubisoft, PS4
  • Hollow Knight | Team Cherry, PS4
  • Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy | Square Enix Co. LTD., PS4/PS5
  • Mortal Kombat 11 | WB Games, PS4/PS5
  • Narutoshippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 | Bandai Namco Entertainment Inc., PS4
  • NBA 2K22 | 2K Games, PS4/PS5
  • Outer Wilds | Annapurna Interactive, PS4
  • Red Dead Redemption 2 | Rockstar Games, PS4 
  • Resident Evil | Capcom Co., Ltd, PS4
  • Soulcalibur VI | Bandai Namco Entertainment Inc., PS4
  • South Park: The Fractured but Whole*** | Ubisoft, PS4
  • The Artful Escape | Annapurna Interactive, PS4/PS5
  • The Crew 2* | Ubisoft, PS4
  • Tom Clancy’s The Division*** | Ubisoft, PS4

Included in the below spoiler tag are a selection of PS1, PS2 and PSP titles included in the catalog of classic games available at launch for those at the Premium/Deluxe tier, as well as the catalog of remasters which have been grouped with these titles. 

Spoiler

Classic Games Catalog – Original PlayStation and PSP

PlayStation Studios 

• Ape Escape | Japan Studio, Original Playstation 
  • Hot Shots Golf | Japan Studio, Original Playstation
  • I.Q. Intelligent Qube | Japan Studio, Original PlayStation
  • Jumping Flash! | Japan Studio, Original PlayStation
  • Syphon Filter | Bend Studio, Original PlayStation
  • Super Stardust Portable | Housemarque, PSP

Third Party Partners

• Mr. Driller | Bandai Namco Entertainment Inc., Original PlayStation 
  • Tekken 2 | Bandai Namco Entertainment Inc., Original PlayStation 
  • Worms World Party | Team 17, Original PlayStation 
  • Worms Armageddon | Team17, Original PlayStation 

Classic Games Catalog – Remasters

PlayStation Studios

• Ape Escape 2 | Japan Studio, PS4
  • Arc The Lad: Twilight of the Spirits | Japan Studio, PS4
  • Dark Cloud | Japan Studio, PS4
  • Dark Cloud 2 | Japan Studio, PS4
  • FantaVision | SIE, PS4   
  • Hot Shots Tennis | Japan Studio, PS4  
  • Jak II | Naughty Dog, PS4
  • Jak 3| Naughty Dog, PS4
  • Jak X: Combat Racing | Naughty Dog, PS4
  • Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy | Naughty Dog, PS4  
  • Rogue Galaxy | Japan Studio, PS4
  • Siren | Japan Studio, PS4
  • Wild Arms 3 | SIE, PS4 

Third Party Partners

• Baja: Edge of Control HD | THQ Nordic, PS4
  • Bioshock Remastered | 2K Games, PS4
  • Borderlands The Handsome Collection | 2K Games, PS4
  • Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition | Gearbox Publishing, PS4
  • Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning | THQ Nordic, PS4
  • Lego Harry Potter Collection | WB Games, PS4

Included in the below spoiler tag is a catalog of some of the PS3 games available via streaming at launch to those at the Premium tier. 

Spoiler

PlayStation Studios

• Crash Commando | Creative Vault Studios, PS3
  • Demon’s Souls | From Software, PS3
  • echochrome | Japan Studio, PS3
  • Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds | Japan Studio, PS3
  • Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational | Japan Studio, PS3
  • Ico | Japan Studio, PS3
  • Infamous | Sucker Punch, PS3
  • Infamous 2 | Sucker Punch, PS3
  • Infamous: Festival of Blood | Sucker Punch, PS3
  • LocoRoco Cocoreccho! | Japan Studio, PS3
  • MotorStorm Apocalypse | Evolution Studios, PS3
  • MotorStorm RC | Evolution Studios, PS3
  • Puppeteer | Japan Studio, PS3
  • rain | Japan Studio, PS3
  • Ratchet & Clank: Quest For Booty | Insomniac Games, PS3
  • Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time |Insomniac Games, PS3
  • Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus | Insomniac Games, PS3
  • Resistance 3 | Insomniac Games, PS3
  • Super Stardust HD | Housemarque, PS3
  • Tokyo Jungle | Japan Studio, PS3
  • When Vikings Attack | Clever Beans, PS3

Third Party Partners

• Asura’s Wrath | Capcom Co., Ltd., PS3
  • Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2  Konami, PS3
  • Devil May Cry HD Collection | Capcom Co., Ltd., PS3
  • Enslaved: Odyssey to the West | Bandai Namco Entertainment America Inc., PS3
  • F.E.A.R. | WB Games, PS3
  • Lost Planet 2 | Capcom Co., Ltd., PS3
  • Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 | Koei Tecmo, PS3
  • Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare |Rockstar Games, PS3

Included in the below spoiler tag is the catalog of time-limited game trials available at launch to those at the Premium tier. 

Spoiler

PlayStation Studios 

• Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection | Naughty Dog, PS5
  • Horizon Forbidden West | Guerrilla, PS4/PS5

Third Party Partners

• Cyberpunk 2077 | CD Projekt, PS5
  • Farming Simulator 22 | Giants Software GmBH, PS4/PS5 
  • Tiny Tina’s Wonderland  2K Games, PS4/PS5
  • WWE 2K22 | 2K Games, PS4/PS5

Included in the below spoiler tag is the catalog of Ubisoft+ Classics which will be available at launch for those at the Extra and Premium/Deluxe tiers. 

Note: I've copied this list directly from Ubisoft's press release, so there will likely be some overlap with previous lists. 

Spoiler
  • Assassin’s Creed Valhalla

• For Honor

• The Crew 2

• Child of Light

• Eagle Flight

• Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon

• Far Cry 3 Remaster

• Far Cry 4

• Legendary Fishing

• Risk: Urban Assault

• South Park: The Fractured but Whole

• South Park: The Stick of Truth

• Space Junkies

• Star Trek: Bridge Crew

• Starlink: Battle for Atlas

• STEEP

• The Crew

• The Division

• Trackmania Turbo

• Transference

• Trials Fusion

• Trials of the Blood Dragon Game

• Trials Rising

• Valiant Hearts: The Great War

• Watch Dogs

• Werewolves Within

• ZOMBI

Sources: UPDATE: All-new PlayStation Plus launches in June with 700+ games and more value than ever (PS Blog - 29th March 2022)All-new PlayStation Plus game lineup: Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, Demon’s Souls, Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut, NBA 2K22, and more join the service (PS Blog - 16th May 2022)Ubisoft+ Coming to PlayStation (Ubisoft News - 16th May 2022).

Edited by Julius
  • Thanks 3

Not charging for games bought on previous systems is a fantastic move. I was half expecting that wouldn't be the case.

Pretty good classic lineup to start off with. I've always wanted to play the original Ape Escape and Syphon Filter. Back in the day, I only had the demos from the official PlayStation magazine and never got to play the full games. Jumping Flash is another game I have fond memories of, although I imagine it hasn't aged that well. :D 

Where the Hell is Nex Machina on that list of 1st party games!? It was the best game I played last year and I'm gutted it's not part of this list. I want others to play it! 

Most of the PS2 games I already own and the 1st party PS4 games I've pretty much played them all and got the Platinum on them already.

I said from the start it would be the strength of the Classic titles that determines whether I upgrade or not and I'm happy with what has been shown so far. I'll see what else shows up (if anything) before I make my decision.

• Like 1

Free upgrade for existing owners!? Oh hell yes! Now that's a move I didn't expect Sony to make, but I will very much appreciate the gesture! :D

So... I basically own every single worthwhile PS1 & PSP game available on PSN already? Does that mean that I don't even need to subscribe to transfer my existing purchases over? If so? Sony may have just sold me a PS5! (or at least convinced me to hook up my PS4 again).

How will multi-region purchases work I wonder? Will the 60hz NTSC games be available on the EU store this time around? All of my PS1 purchases were made on a US account (for that 60hz goodness), and my JPN account (for the JPN exclusives).  I suspect that this will be a bit of a messy process...

Hopefully the rollout of PS1/PSP titles won't be excruciatingly slow...

Edited by Dcubed

So for clarity, the way I'm interpreting the wording (which I've updated in the original post now) is that only titles added to the Classic Games Catalog will be ones you can "claim" if you've owned them digitally on a previous system: 

Also, players who have previously purchased the digital version of games from the original PlayStation and PSP generation will not have to make a separate purchase or sign up to PlayStation Plus to play these titles on PS4 or PS5. When these titles are released for PS4 and PS5, players can head to PlayStation Store and download a version for the consoles at no extra cost if they already own the digital version of the title. Some of the titles will also be available for individual purchase. 

So, basically, I think that could count Konami out (for now), because otherwise I'd expect a game like Metal Gear Solid to be listed :( and it means my PS3 still retains some digital use for the time being (I wanted to see Suikoden on my PS5 damn it!). 

There seems to be additional confusion in a lot of places at the size of the catalogs listed, so to clarify, the lists are only some of the titles we'll be getting at launch - I've no idea why they haven't given us the full lists, but I guess it could have been pretty lengthy and some dealings may still be going on in some back alleys. 

It’s almost here! Our new PlayStation Plus service is launching soon, and we are pleased to share with you an early look at some of the games that will be included during the launch time frame. 

Still, a lot of surprising and odd decisions in there for me in the games they chose to list. Demon's Souls Remake on PS5 and then offering the PS3 version via streaming too? Does that mean they'll be turning the servers back on? Otherwise, seems an odd choice (I think you can get the Plat without online at least). Everybody's Golf is being shut down later this year on PS4, but now PS3 titles from the series are coming to this service - similar question to with Demon's Souls, does that mean they'll be turning the servers back on (I'm assuming those games have an online mode)? ICO is listed by itself as a PS3 streamed title, but was released as part of the HD Collection on PS3 originally, meaning they've separated it? But then...where's the HD remaster of Shadow of the Colossus for PS3? 

I'm also really confused about what the deal is with listing PS4 Classics versions of PS2 titles, as I've only read and heard poor things about how they play on PS5 as things stand. Have they been updated? 

Just...yeah, odd list to me. Most striking thing to me though - and I imagine they'll get included in the full list - is that there isn't a mention of God of War in the PS3 streaming titles, despite being such a big pillar for today's PlayStation lineup and Ragnarök still slated for later this year. Also, selfishly: one of my gaming resolutions for the year was to play all of the God of War games as prep for Ragnarök, so this has me the tiniest bit nervous, but I'm sure it'll be there as it's on PS Now...ahem. 

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Where the Hell is Nex Machina on that list of 1st party games!? It was the best game I played last year and I'm gutted it's not part of this list. I want others to play it! 

I think it just wasn't part of their select titles that they announced today - goodness knows the criteria. But yeah, it's odd. I get not listing the total number of games for third parties - in fairness, that would be one hell of a long list - but for what is now first party? Weird ::shrug:

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I said from the start it would be the strength of the Classic titles that determines whether I upgrade or not and I'm happy with what has been shown so far. I'll see what else shows up (if anything) before I make my decision.

I picked up two years of PS Now through the backdoor link after the conversion straight to Premium was announced (my logic was that it'd effectively be half price) so I'm in anyways at this point, but I am curious to see what else is coming. PlayStation normally love to partner with Square Enix, so I'm surprised none of their classic titles are listed (especially Final Fantasy), but I wonder if it's something that they could attach to whatever Square Enix does at Not-E3/the announcement of the Pixel Remasters coming to console/XVI re-emergence? 

I just want God of War confirmation at this point :p I'm also not sure where it leaves me personally in the long term when it comes to my collection of PS3 titles physically. I guess I can shelve it for a few months at least and prioritise the 3DS and Wii U eShops/Virtual Consoles, which is nice, but yeah, I'm just not sure. Things like the Ratchet & Clank HD collection are only getting more expensive, so having them here is nice, but I also like physical...I'll wait and see I guess. 

Edited by Julius
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Julius said:

So for clarity, the way I'm interpreting the wording (which I've updated in the original post now) is that only titles added to the Classic Games Catalog will be ones you can "claim" if you've owned them digitally on a previous system: 

That makes sense.  Can't offer you games that aren't available on PS4/PS5 yet.  It's just like the Wii-Wii U VC upgrade scheme that Nintendo had before, minus the small upgrade fee.

The question now is, how long will it take to build up the new PS1/PSP library and will it ever get back up to the point that it got to on PS3/Vita?

Oh yeah, and also, will Sony revive and spin back up the PS2 on PS4/PS5 service with newly added titles?

Edited by Dcubed

With the new PS+ tiers on the horizon, Ryan takes a quick look back at the launch service and how it evolved over the years.

I always forget that party chat wasn't a thing on PS3. It's a big reason why I didn't get one for so long. During that generation I played a lot of online games with my friends and party chat was a big part of why it was so fun.

The PS+ lineup was insane when the PS4 launched. What they offer now pales in comparison. It's the same as Games with Gold on Xbox. Both seem to have ran out of steam at this point.

32 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

The PS+ lineup was insane when the PS4 launched. What they offer now pales in comparison. It's the same as Games with Gold on Xbox. Both seem to have ran out of steam at this point.

Yeah, at the beginning it was purely a games subscription as online multiplayer was free, so it had to be good to get people to sign up. I always think it's a shame that XBL Gold cost money, as the other big 2 eventually fell in line and realised it was money left on the table if they didn't do the same. 

3 hours ago, Sheikah said:

Yeah, at the beginning it was purely a games subscription as online multiplayer was free, so it had to be good to get people to sign up. I always think it's a shame that XBL Gold cost money, as the other big 2 eventually fell in line and realised it was money left on the table if they didn't do the same. 

Yeah, that generation was the beginning of a lot of money grabbing practices. Paid online, DLC, microtransactions...sad times. There was also Sony's online pass thing that came with certain games to stop second hand sales. 

I do think though that the poor quality of Sony's online servers compared to Microsoft's showed unfortunately that an online fee was needed to get the better servers up and running.

I do think though that the poor quality of Sony's online servers compared to Microsoft's showed unfortunately that an online fee was needed to get the better servers up and running.

This isn't a problem on PC though? Sony must make a packet from their cut of online and physical sales, just like Steam do, so they could easily subsidise it.

I always thought Sony's servers being rubbish during the PS3 era wasn't so much lack of funding but more lack of experience/catching up with Microsoft.

Honestly I don't really know enough about how servers work for online gaming to be able to comment beyond my idle speculation.

1 minute ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Trophy support confirmed for PS1 games.

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2022/05/ps-plus-premiums-ps1-games-can-have-trophies-after-all

Lovely stuff.

If Bend don't put a trophy in Syphon Filter for tasering an enemy until he bursts into flames I won't be happy. :D 

Oh, that's the good stuff, that's awesome! :D 

Weird it wasn't included in the tidal wave of news we got on Monday, but then again, just dropping little bits and pieces they know we want to hear between Monday just gone and when the service launches this coming coming Monday in Asia seems smart.

At the very least, I think it'll mean more people talking about the service and trying to see what it looks like when it launches over there? I want to see if they've done anything fun with the trophy notification for these old games :p doubt it, but think it'd be neat!

7 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Trophy support confirmed for one PS1 game.

Fixed it :p 

• Haha 2

In case there were any doubts: the inclusion of Platinum trophies have been confirmed too. 

kamurocho-yakuza.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Another game has popped up.

unknown.png

Experience Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee originally released on the PlayStation® console, enhanced with up-rendering, rewind, quick save, and custom video filters.

It can also be bought separately. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Another game has popped up.

unknown.png

It can also be bought separately. 

I'm honestly surprised more hasn't turned up yet to be honest, as they're getting the service on Tuesday in Asia. Either way, we should be getting impressions and a pretty complete list of launch titles (any potential region exclusivity not withstanding) fairly soon, which is awesome :D

Some really cool stuff in the description there too, seems like taking this a game at a time and really putting the effort in for trophies, filters, rewinding, quick saves, etc., could pay off in the long run for them, the only question really is how quickly they can get that done at volume to get them onto our systems. There's nothing yet which has made me go too crazy (I mean, I just want God of War 100% confirmed like I've said before), but I feel confidence in the service is already steadily creeping up. 

Edited by Julius

I'm not so sure a lot of the first wave will have trophies. Places like PSNProfiles and Exophase would usually have lists up by now but there hasn't been a peep. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I'm not so sure a lot of the first wave will have trophies. Places like PSNProfiles and Exophase would usually have lists up by now but there hasn't been a peep. 

Oh yeah, I think you're right about that, I'm definitely not expecting much in terms of trophy support from this first wave (I mean, not knowing what the first wave is exactly doesn't really help :laughing:)

When would those places typically get trophy lists going up? I don't really see much trophy news (outside of some that felt really early) so have no idea what's the norm

Just now, Julius said:

When would those places typically get trophy lists going up? I don't really see much trophy news (outside of some that felt really early) so have no idea what's the norm

It varies but it's usually at least a couple of days before release. 

It's been confirmed that Oddworld has no trophies. This means it's up to the developer/publisher if they want to add them. I can't see many outside of Sony's own studios wanting to faff on with implementing them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

It varies but it's usually at least a couple of days before release. 

It's been confirmed that Oddworld has no trophies. This means it's up to the developer/publisher if they want to add them. I can't see many outside of Sony's own studios wanting to faff on with implementing them.

Ah cool, thanks! 

And yeah, not too surprising that's the case after it wasn't mentioned at all in the Blog update we got on Monday, so will definitely be on a game-by-game basis...but it still kind of sucks. I think you're right about no-one out of first party really wanting to mess around with it, only other times I can think of might be potential wider deals for the service (such as if Square Enix ever comes to the service with a slew of freshly emulated titles in a big way). 

So far so good.  I'm interested in seeing how 3D PS1 games look though, as it sounds like everything gets upresed to HD... While that would be very nice, I'd really want an option to run the games at their original resolution and without texture filtering... PS1 games just aren't the same if the textures aren't super pixellated and wobbling all over the place ya know?

Edited by Dcubed

Sign in to follow this