NEurope
Jonnas

Eurovision 2022

'Sup? It's that time of year again, for Europe's collective guilty pleasure.

Seems like Ukraine is the favourite to win this year, so it's a good thing they actually brought a good song for that (with a sick wind-flute-thingy solo):

And if I may say so, don't ignore Portugal. We're probably not getting anywhere near the Top 5, but the song's actually really nice:

But don't let any of that distract you from the fact that Norway is sending a DaftPunk-like tribute to Little Red Riding Hood:

Or something. It's either that, or Despicable Me.

So yeah, what are your guilty pleasures this year?

Is he playing a guitar with a violin bow?

Rasmus were performing Finland's song! How did I not know this sooner.

1 hour ago, Mokong said:

Rasmus were performing Finland's song! How did I not know this sooner.

I said the same thing! I didn't know either! Pleasant surprise! I really loved the song as well. It was great but I just loved Space Man more. 

I'm not being biased at all. I've followed Sam Ryder for a long time and love his voice. Genuinely, I loved that song so much. For me, it's the best of the night. I know it probably won't win but it should, at least, be top 5 or even top 10. If its last or bottom 5, that would be ridiculous! 

Oh and Germany were wicked too. Really liked their song.

Edited by Beast
  • Like 1

Germany really surprised me, had a nice Avichii feel to it.

My top 5 would have to be

Finland, Germany, Norway (how can you not give the wolf a banana haha), Azerbaijan and Australia

Lithuania, France, and Serbia really caught my eye, along with the three I posted originally.

I hear Spain's is well liked, but I found it aggressively meh.

I had considered putting Spain in my top 5 but I was thinking my opinion might have been clouded by the... Lets say wardrobe and I didn't think I listened to the song well enough :p

19 minutes ago, Mokong said:

I had considered putting Spain in my top 5 but I was thinking my opinion might have been clouded by the... Lets say wardrobe and I didn't think I listened to the song well enough :p

I was practicing my proposal in Spanish 😂 

• Haha 1

Ukraine win with a massive public vote.

Hopefully Putin is no longer having his hissy fit and they are able to host next year.

10 minutes ago, Mokong said:

Ukraine win with a massive public vote.

Hopefully Putin is no longer having his hissy fit and they are able to host next year.

I mean, we all predicted this...right? 

For me, the UK had the best song and I am so proud of Sam Ryder! The song is phenomenal and his voice is amazing and second place is the best the country has done in years! He should be proud.

The biggest shock was Germany being last. They should've swapped places with Serbia (or the handwashing song). It weren't my cup of tea. 

Edited by Beast

Yes, very surprised at Germany being so low and not even getting a point from any jury.

The Serbia song was well odd and can only imagine it got points for how ridiculous the choreography (if you can call it that) was rather than the quality of the song or performance.

I didn't think our song (Ireland) was great and wasn't fussed didn't make the final, but I also didn't watch either or the semi finals so tonight was my first time seeing all the songs. So now I am wondering how Serbia got to the final ahead of ours.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Mokong said:

Yes, very surprised at Germany being so low and not even getting a point from any jury.

The Serbia song was well odd and can only imagine it got points for how ridiculous the choreography (if you can call it that) was rather than the quality of the song or performance.

I didn't think our song (Ireland) was great and wasn't fussed didn't make the final, but I also didn't watch either or the semi finals so tonight was my first time seeing all the songs. So now I am wondering how Serbia got to the final ahead of ours.

This wasn't the strongest year. Ukraine wasn't a winning song for me. Germany, Spain and UK were memorable as were Norway (it was odd but kind of catchy), Poland and Finland (The Rasmus!!). I can't remember the country but there was another song that was pretty cool. They were one of the last countries to have been judged by the votes. She had short hair, started on the floor and kicked into a sort of soft rock song. 

Starting to think I really should've put money on Ukraine. It was such a sure thing. You'd be mad to bet on anyone else.

Legit amazed UK were winning before the public vote, part of the "It's definitely politically driven" part of me is thinking that they only scored UK so well because they knew Ukraine would romp home from the public.

Starting to think I really should've put money on Ukraine. It was such a sure thing. You'd be mad to bet on anyone else.
Legit amazed UK were winning before the public vote, part of the "It's definitely politically driven" part of me is thinking that they only scored UK so well because they knew Ukraine would romp home from the public.
I did put money on Ukraine, but the odds were so crap, I only made £6.

I've never been a big fan of this but saw some of it (first 10) as i was out and it was on. I like the Italian song but that's because I like Mahmood and have been listening to it over the last few weeks anyway. 

Now we wait and see if Ukraine will actually be able to host it next year. 

1 hour ago, bob said:

I did put money on Ukraine, but the odds were so crap, I only made £6.

Oh yeah, I'm certain the odds were rubbish. But it's the first time I've ever looked at a bet and thought "Yep, that's easy money". Not a lot, but definitely easy.

And I'm the kind of guy who hates the myriad of gambling problems people face these days.

Edited by Glen-i