NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Sméagol

A Moon Knight thread for Dr. Bob

Neither have I. Is it any good?

Edited by bob

8 minutes ago, bob said:

Neither have I. Is it any good?

I suspect not, but don't take my word for it.

It's excellent, easily my favourite MCU show (though tbh the bar isn't massively high there).

Feels like it's its own thing rather than inter-connected, which is a breath of fresh air imo. 

I've the last episode still to watch. I knew nothing about Moon Knight going in and have enjoyed the show. 

What does anyone English think of the portrayal? Acts and sounds the part as far as I can tell. :laughing: 

4 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

What does anyone English think of the portrayal? Acts and sounds the part as far as I can tell. :laughing: 

Needs some Geordie in there to make it any good. :p 

In all seriousness, I think he pulls off the accent quite well.

25 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Needs some Geordie in there to make it any good. :p 

In all seriousness, I think he pulls off the accent quite well.

Is he like Ant & Dec in the comics or what? :D :heh:

10 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

Is he like Ant & Dec in the comics or what? :D :heh:

If only. I would read that. :D 

Heard an interview where he said he partially based the voice on Karl Pilkington 😆

3 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Heard an interview where he said he partially based the voice on Karl Pilkington 😆

Yeah, I read that the other day. What a legend!

I need to give Idiot Abroad another watch. It's been ages since I watched them.

Spoiler

I have now watched the entire thing. My thoughts:

It starts off really well, building intrigue and mystery with Stephen blackouts, and slowly finding out about Marc and Layla. 

The episode in the mental asylum was really good too, although the hippos voice was just weird. Why did they give Khonshu a cool, booming God voice, and the hippo just a normal one. 

The final episode was a bit of a let-down though. I felt like they didn't really explain the way that a lot of the magic worked, so it was a bit confusing. I.e. what was Harrow's staff all about? Where did it's power come from? It can't have been from Ammit because she was locked up at the beginning of the show, but it did seem to get more powerful when she came back? And how did the soul-eating that she did work? She ate a load of people's souls, and grew to the size of a pyramid. But then Khonshu just grew to the same size anyway to fight her? And then he was somehow able to affect the world around him, by kicking cars and knocking buildings over?

I did like the God fighting in the background though. Looked very cool. And I liked the Egyptian themes, felt quite fresh and interesting. 

Oscar Isaac was really great as both Marc and Stephen. His english accent was pretty good. Still a bit Frank Spencer at times, but quite believable. The way he seamlessly switched back between the two personalities was really good too. It will be interesting to see all three personalities in the next season, and how they handle it.

I thought they were going to address Layla finding out that Marc killed her father in this season too, but it looks like that'll go into season 2 now. Presumably so they can have a Moon Knight vs Scarlet Scarab fight at some point. Kind of disappointed with her suit though. Thought we were going to see some hippo-based powers - like the ability to crush an whole watermelon in her jaws.

I'm a bit confused at the final scene in the mental asylum/Marc's mind. He proves to the Harrow in his mind that nothing is real by showing him his feet are bleeding? But we know that was all in his mind, and that Dr Harrow was just a part of his subconscious, so why did we need a final scene with him? It felt like it was a bit reveal of something, but i couldn't work out what.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, darksnowman said:

I knew nothing about Moon Knight going in and have enjoyed the show. 

This was me. I knew nothing about the character and had seen no trailers. Enjoyed the show. Seemed to be able to stand on it's own and you didn't need to know anything before hand going into it.

On 09/05/2022 at 5:32 PM, darksnowman said:

I knew nothing about Moon Knight going in and have enjoyed the show.

On 10/05/2022 at 10:44 AM, BowserBasher said:

This was me. I knew nothing about the character and had seen no trailers. Enjoyed the show. Seemed to be able to stand on it's own and you didn't need to know anything before hand going into it.

Woah, hold up!

Are you two trying to say that before this show was a thing, there was a time where I actually knew about a Marvel character more then actual Marvel fans!?

That's just all sorts of wrong! Glad that's not the case anymore!

44 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Woah, hold up!

Are you two trying to say that before this show was a thing, there was a time where I actually knew about a Marvel character more then actual Marvel fans!?

Most probably. But then sometimes that helps those that know nothing of the character cause we have no expectations.

10 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

Most probably. But then sometimes that helps those that know nothing of the character cause we have no expectations.

The entirety of my knowledge boils down to "Spider Man exists" and what I learned from playing Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3.

Marvel Fan, I am not.

• Weird 1

The entirety of my knowledge boils down to "Spider Man exists" and what I learned from playing Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3.
Marvel Fan, I am not.
*Spider-Man
  • Thanks 1
  • Weird 1

I think they were trying to make teh psych ward out to be like a limbo/afterlife area, hence why harrow was there - but I agree it still makes no sense for spencer to be in harrow's version of it. idk.

I haven't read the comics so maybe it's answered there, but the last reveal ... very english name but speaks spanish?

On 12/05/2022 at 7:03 PM, Glen-i said:

Woah, hold up!

I did my time with the Marvel Action Hour but have no experience with any of the Ultimate Alliance games... or pretty much any Marvel games. 

On 12/05/2022 at 9:00 PM, Glen-i said:

Marvel Fan, I am not.

I want to believe.

23 hours ago, jayseven said:

I think they were trying to make teh psych ward out to be like a limbo/afterlife area, hence why harrow was there - but I agree it still makes no sense for spencer to be in harrow's version of it. idk.

I haven't read the comics so maybe it's answered there, but the last reveal ... very english name but speaks spanish?

Watched the last episode yesterday evening and yes to the final reveal. Same thought, haha.

All in all, I thought it was a decent series. I like that the episode count is so low so there's no time for these Disney series to outstay their welcome.

• Haha 1

Sign in to follow this