NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
jayseven

Old man yells at cloud + tapatalk + Moon Knight megathread

Megathreads. Lock 'em. Hide 'em. Archive 'em. I don't want to read 2000 pages of shit that I missed. New shit. Gimme new shit. Go gog ogoggooggogogoog

• Like 1

Or alternatively don't bugger off for years and then come back making demands.

Hi!

• Like 2

jayseven! Quite the blast from the past, long time no see. How have you been?

This has happened a few times, but it's still always weird when an old member from before I joined resurfaces.

I am fine and not sober and yes hi glen! I have seeeeeeen you. Just because i;m an old head doesn't mean shit. but srsly - lock the big threads and let new things reign free. It's crazy that I came back here and found threads a decade old are still dominating the front page.... like, kill it. new shit plz.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jayseven said:

It's crazy that I came back here and found threads a decade old are still dominating the front page

But that's because you revived them!

Just read the last couple of pages of a thread and start from there the next time you log on. There. Problem solved. 

They exist because the topic is still relevant. It would only cause confusion if you close a thread only to continue the topic in a new thread with a number attached. 

11 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

Just read the last couple of pages of a thread and start from there the next time you log on. There. Problem solved. 

They exist because the topic is still relevant. It would only cause confusion if you close a thread only to continue the topic in a new thread with a number attached. 

I get the impression it's pointless trying to suggest rationality and common sense, or even just being a grown up.

• Like 1

This is correct. Just kicking the hornet's nest and seeing what wobbles. 

Tbh there is a fundamental flaw in mega threads, they probably contributed greatly to the decline in activity here (though the biggest cause was Facebook/twitter)

Google loves when you have pages with URLs and titles of relevant topics, full of unique information, which forum users conveniently provide.

It's the reason N-E used to do better on the forums even than it did on the main site. It's why we were constantly fighting spam bots (silver linings etc) and why we had the interest of advertisers.

Ngl I do get nostalgic occasionally remembering a time when we had so many threads that you could refresh the page and multiple threads would disappear to page 2. Or when we had to have so many sub-boards because we had so many topics (I started my responsibilities here as a mod for the "Creative" board where people mostly posted photoshop creations and signature/avatar designs)

This thread is now about being old and sad.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Shorty said:

Possibly just old and drunk (or perhaps hungover by this point of my posting).

4 hours ago, Shorty said:

I'm 32! I haven't even had a mid-life crisis yet! I may be many things, but emotionally sad is not one of them. Socially pathetic, sure! But I'm a happy dude as long as I get to play Smash when the mood strikes me.

18 hours ago, MindFreak said:

18 hours ago, Ronnie said:

I get the impression it's pointless trying to suggest rationality and common sense, or even just being a grown up.

You would say that. You're onto your fourth Marvel thread.

The worst thing about the Marvel thread is that I want to go in it and discuss Moon Knight, but can't because I haven't seen Dr Strange yet.

2 minutes ago, bob said:

The worst thing about the Marvel thread is that I want to go in it and discuss Moon Knight, but can't because I haven't seen Dr Strange yet.

I think all the Dr Strange spoilers are in spoiler boxes so you would be fine but there's also no reason you can't just create a Moon Knight thread if you want to keep it separate. Despite what some crazy returning members seem to think, there's nothing to say that both megathreads and individual threads can't both exist.

I think all the Dr Strange spoilers are in spoiler boxes so you would be fine but there's also no reason you can't just create a Moon Knight thread if you want to keep it separate. Despite what some crazy returning members seem to think, there's nothing to say that both megathreads and individual threads can't both exist.
Spoiler tags don't work with Tapatalk, unfortunately.

5 minutes ago, bob said:
13 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Ah right yeah. Go for its own thread then, I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on the show.

28 minutes ago, bob said:
37 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

I don't use Tapatalk but just use the browser version, and spoiler tags work there. So you can just use the browser.

I don't use Tapatalk but just use the browser version, and spoiler tags work there. So you can just use the browser.
I thought of that, but the spoiler tags don't seem to work on Android Chrome if someone gets quoted, so I don't want to risk it.

13 minutes ago, bob said:
1 hour ago, MindFreak said:

I thought of that, but the spoiler tags don't seem to work on Android Chrome if someone gets quoted, so I don't want to risk it.

Funny. I don't have that problem on my OnePlus. 

7 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

Funny. I don't have that problem on my OnePlus. 

The only time I see it is when someone using Tapatalk has broken them in a quote first.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bob said:

There is a fix

2 hours ago, bob said:

I use Chrome on my Android and it works perfectly fine as far as spoiler tags go? It might be something on your end.

I use Chrome on my Android and it works perfectly fine as far as spoiler tags go? It might be something on your end.
Nothing wrong with my end, thank you very much. It works perfectly fine.
  • Haha 1

Sign in to follow this