NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Cube

Sonic Origins (23rd June)

No original Ice Cap zone music? No sale.

If it gets modded back into the PC version? Maybe... (in a sale) but it's still not the same as having it inluded in the game by default.

Sega are charging more than £30 for the collection, if they bought the license to all the original music, surely the profits from the game would still outweigh the expenditure?

Then, they would probably be able to use the music in any future re-releases of Sonic 3 & Knuckles as well, it would be an investment. ::shrug:

But being that they have taken the route that they've chosen now, it's unlikely that they will bother, as the collection will still sell.

• Like 1

Just found out that Fervor Records officially released Hard Times on vinyl back in 2020… with this album art…

NzEtODgwNi5wbmc.jpeg
They knew what they were doing…

• Haha 2
  • Weird 1

Does anyone know if there are any differences in terms of performance and visuals between Switch and PS5 versions? I can’t decide which to buy it for.

4 minutes ago, Ike said:

Wasn't Sonic 3 handled by the Mania Devs?

Yes, Headcannon worked on this new Sonic 3 port (while Sonic 1 & 2 are ports of the Christian Whitehead mobile remakes).  Which makes this all the more shocking.

Edited by Dcubed

13 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Yes, Headcannon worked on this new Sonic 3 port (while Sonic 1 & 2 are ports of the Christian Whitehead mobile remakes).  Which makes this all the more shocking.

Thought so, I was expecting more from them.

Well now! That's probably the closest we've ever gotten to official confirmation that MJ was involved in the soundtrack. I mean, yeah, everyone knows that already, but...

He definitely let something slip there! That tweet's gonna be deleted soon.

19 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Well now! That's probably the closest we've ever gotten to official confirmation that MJ was involved in the soundtrack. I mean, yeah, everyone knows that already, but...

https://www.sonicstadium.org/2022/06/brad-buxer-clarifies-details-of-sonic-3-soundtrack-development-in-new-interview/

There's also that, Brad Buxer saying that he wrote most of it, and that MJ did one musical cue. 

• Thanks 1

Pro-tip before you play story mode.

• Boot Sonic CD
  • Change soundtrack to the Japanese OST
  • ????
  • Your ears will profit

28 minutes ago, Ike said:

• Boot Sonic CD
  • ????
  • Your ears will profit

But you don't get Sonic Boom then...

10 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

But you don't get Sonic Boom then...

Just according to keikaku.

Just now, Ike said:

Just according to keikaku.

Well one of those songs got into Smash Bros, and it certainly wasn't any songs in the Japanese OST.

• Thanks 1

Well worth reading the whole thread.  Sounds like SEGA/Sonic Team screwed up Stealth/Headcannon’s code when they integrated everything together into the final package and didn’t give them a chance to fix anything…

• Sad 2

Started playing last night, half way through Sonic 2. It feels great to play, and the cutscenes are really nice.

Only main issue so far is that Sonic CD was never a good game.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Ike said:

• Boot Sonic CD
  • ????
  • Your ears will profit

Toot Toot  = Win :D 

2 hours ago, Cube said:

Only main issue so far is that Sonic CD was never a good game.

Yeah, I don't understand the praise for this game. I think it was one of those titles that gained a reputation purely because so few people had played it back in the day. The few that had played it hyped it up to no end. I was very disappointed by it when I eventually got to play it.

2 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Yeah, I don't understand the praise for this game. I think it was one of those titles that gained a reputation purely because so few people had played it back in the day. The few that had played it hyped it up to no end. I was very disappointed by it when I eventually got to play it.

It was also smack bang in the middle of the SNES Vs Mega Drive console war. Anything to do with Sonic was hyped up to the extreme because, well, it was the Mario competition.

I keep having to remind myself that Sonic 3 & Knuckles came out after CD. The first time I was aware of it was when I saw the animated intro on Sonic Mega Collection, and you're right, there was a certain mystique about this hard to find Sonic entry that developed.

But then when I finally got a chance to play it? Bleurgh! The level design looks like someone just threw things in there with no rhyme or reason. And trying to get a good ending is far too difficult with the whole past and future gates being frustrating to use. Which becomes a kick in the face, because making a good future is pointless when collecting all the Time Stones is what you need to do to get the best ending. The good future nonsense is a waste of time.

It's just a big mess.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Glen-i said:

And trying to get a good ending is far too difficult with the whole past and future gates being frustrating to use.

I never even knew it had a different ending until years later when I watched a video on YouTube about how to play Sonic CD correctly. :D 

• Haha 1

Marble Garden is borked. You can't control the blue spinning top things. The animation of the debris falling from the drilling robots doesn't stop either.

1 hour ago, Ike said:

Marble Garden is borked. You can't control the blue spinning top things. The animation of the debris falling from the drilling robots doesn't stop either.

It could be borked more...

• Haha 1
  • Weird 1

Finished the sorry mode, cutscenes are awesome and it was an absolute joy to play. I did have one issue where I fell out of a bonus stage and had to quit and continue - although what was nice about that was that it actually saved the rings I had at the checkpoint instead of being a normal respawn.

Sign in to follow this