NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Happenstance

Return to Monkey Island

20 minutes ago, Happenstance said:
Looks like we’re getting a new Monkey Island game

Oh yeah? Well you fight like a cow.

• Like 2

So looks like it's ignoring 3, Escape and Tales of, but they're keeping popular elements like Murray. 

Ruddy hell! I can’t believe it’s real and that Ron Gilbert is back!! :o

Fantastic news!

I think this was mentioned on Friday (April 1st) but people couldn't figure out whether it was serious or not.

Which makes this tweet from 2013 way funnier:

What a legend :laughing:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Cube said:

So looks like it's ignoring 3, Escape and Tales of, but they're keeping popular elements like Murray. 

Woo!

I'm hoping it doesn't rewrite the series, because I've always wondered what happened between being stuck on Big Whoop, and then floating in the middle of the ocean on a bumper car

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

I’m delighted to hear this! I hope they really don’t ignore Curse of Monkey Island, especially as that helped to clear up some of the “what the?” plot threads from the 2nd one, but I’m excited to once again play as a mighty pirate and drink me some grog!

This is a good time as any to remind people that, at some point in time, an Argentinian news outlet legitimately thought that the Monkey Island's Grog was a real drink that teens these days were consuming.

• Haha 2

It’s out! Has anyone played this yet?  The reviews I’ve seen have been positive and once I’ve finished the games I’m on I think I’ll be getting this and getting my Grog on!

(Ok I know that sentence doesn’t actually make any real sense but you get the sentiment!)

I really want to play it but I've not played a Monkey Island game before so I feel like a lot will be lost on me. I know they do a recap of previous events but still

9 hours ago, Ronnie said:

I really want to play it but I've not played a Monkey Island game before so I feel like a lot will be lost on me. I know they do a recap of previous events but still

The only Monkey Island I've ever played was the third one, and I could follow it just fine (Guybrush is an easygoing skinny pirate, Elaine is his girlfriend/fiancée, LeChuck is an undead pirate who's always planning to make their life miserable). The only part that weirded me out was when a returning character popped out of nowhere and the game barely explained who they were. Considering the tone of the series, continuity isn't too important.

I'm supposing the same is true for this game, at least. I haven't read/watched any review.

• Thanks 1

On 03/10/2022 at 10:35 AM, WackerJr said:

It’s out! Has anyone played this yet?  The reviews I’ve seen have been positive and once I’ve finished the games I’m on I think I’ll be getting this and getting my Grog on!

(Ok I know that sentence doesn’t actually make any real sense but you get the sentiment!)

It's not bad, but the ending is absolute bullshit.

• Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this